Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The fanfics sometimes give you views of other people on what they think will happen in future books.
    but there is nothing like the real thing is there

ReputationRep:
    I'm embarrassed to admit I've become addicted to fanfics- I read the ones on Schnoogle- but I'm super selective- I dont like the ones that rewrite book 5- actually I'm not a fan of the ones where they are in Hogwarts at all- I feel like it might interrupt my view ok JKs next books- I like the ones where they've grown up- but again- I only like it if Ron ends up with Hermione and preferrably, Ginny ends up with Harry- anything else seems too far fetched to me-

I think its interesting to see what people think will happen in the future- more adventures- I guess I'm scared that they will end with a happily ever after, and I just couldn't buy that- there was evil before Voldemort, there should be evil afterward- more realistic-

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God how long is this discussion!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Oh my God how long is this discussion!!! :eek:
    As long as people continue to discuss HP, it will hopefully grow even longer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    As long as people continue to discuss HP, it will hopefully grow even longer!
    Out of curiosity, will we keep this thread when the new book comes out, or will we start a new one?

ReputationRep:
    I say we keep it- there's too much reference- and we could even go back and see if we were right about anything! plus, the next book won't answer the original question- do you think HP will die at the end of the series- we won't know that until the end of book 7- after that, we may be out of discussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I say we keep it- there's too much reference- and we could even go back and see if we were right about anything! plus, the next book won't answer the original question- do you think HP will die at the end of the series- we won't know that until the end of book 7- after that, we may be out of discussion
    i agree with Brooklyn here. i say we should keep the thread even after book 6 comes out. it would be sooo cool if we predicted correctly about some of the things that are to happen in the next books!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Out of curiosity, will we keep this thread when the new book comes out, or will we start a new one?
    Dunno, I mean, it would be interesting to see if any of our ideas were actually remotely true. I guess we'll come to that when we get there. We have to keep it to compare ideas, but the question might be whether to close the thread, but keep it on the forum, and start a new one or to keep going on this thread. Although the original discussion and poll was about will harry die at the end of book 7, the title of the thread is the ultimate HP discussion, so the discussion could actually continue continue on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Dunno, I mean, it would be interesting to see if any of our ideas were actually remotely true. I guess we'll come to that when we get there. We have to keep it to compare ideas, but the question might be whether to close the thread, but keep it on the forum, and start a new one or to keep going on this thread. Although the original discussion and poll was about will harry die at the end of book 7, the title of the thread is the ultimate HP discussion, so the discussion could actually continue continue on this thread.
    Yes, my only thoughts were- some will finish reading book 6 before others- are we just going to continue and discuss the outcome of the book straight onto the thread, or do we need to change the title to accomodate spoiler warnings and tell people to stay away until they've read it?

Don't really know why I'm thinking of this now- we've got months, maybe even a year or more before the next one so it isn't really a pressing matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes, my only thoughts were- some will finish reading book 6 before others- are we just going to continue and discuss the outcome of the book straight onto the thread, or do we need to change the title to accomodate spoiler warnings and tell people to stay away until they've read it?

Don't really know why I'm thinking of this now- we've got months, maybe even a year or more before the next one so it isn't really a pressing matter.
    Is it really going to be that long before the next book gets released? I've only recently found my copy of the fifth book, and have read it thoroughly again. can we perhaps vote that she releases a taster or something. It just seems that I'm going to be 30 before hte 7th book hits the shelves. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

I think that when it gets to the stage of the book being released, I'll ask one of the mods to add the spoiler warning to the title on the day it is released, or maybe the day before or something like that (the time of it, I'm notsure). That way, those who have already read the book, will get a chance to discuss it, while others will be able to do so once they've read it. Do you think this is a good idea, or should there be a new thread starting to discuss book 6, and then when 1 week or so has passed, I merge both of the threads together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Is it really going to be that long before the next book gets released? I've only recently found my copy of the fifth book, and have read it thoroughly again. can we perhaps vote that she releases a taster or something. It just seems that I'm going to be 30 before hte 7th book hits the shelves. *sigh*
    How long do u guys reckon before she actually releases the book. If there's still a year or so left, J K Rowling might not decide to release a teaser so early. After all, she didn't do so about book 5 till later. The title of book 5 would be nice to have though.

ReputationRep:
    New thread and merge em, but the mods will have plenty of time to think about it I reckon it will be at least another year, she hasnt even released it to the publisher yet and it takes them at least 6 months to edit and produce the books once the draft is finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    New thread and merge em, but the mods will have plenty of time to think about it I reckon it will be at least another year, she hasnt even released it to the publisher yet and it takes them at least 6 months to edit and produce the books once the draft is finished.
    The bearer of bad news!

ReputationRep:
    they like to release them in the summer and I doubt that they will allow the movie release and new book to coincide so it will be pofa movie this summer and the new book sometime in 2005 I think. Unless they are keeping it very very quiet I dont think the new book is anything like finished. We normally have news when it gets to the publisher, there have been no announcements on bloomsbury lately anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    they like to release them in the summer and I doubt that they will allow the movie release and new book to coincide so it will be pofa movie this summer and the new book sometime in 2005 I think. Unless they are keeping it very very quiet I dont think the new book is anything like finished. We normally have news when it gets to the publisher, there have been no announcements on bloomsbury lately anyway.
    Well I hope it's earlier than the summer of 2005. That's way to long to wait for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well I hope it's earlier than the summer of 2005. That's way to long to wait for it!
    where is this thread xenon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    where is this thread xenon?
    It was there just a few minutes ago. I didn't know whether or not to copy and paste things onto this thread, so I copied the initial post. Here it is!

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by sblacklvs
    I was just wondering if anyone as read the ultimate unofficial guidebook of Harry Potter. It is an analysis of books one through four (as it came out before book five). There were some points in there that i thought made a lot of sense.

also, are any of the cities that the characters live in real cities? I couldn't find them on a map, so i was guessing not. Just wanted to check, since i haven't been to the UK
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I don't know where that HP thread has disappeared off to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    i agree with Brooklyn here. i say we should keep the thread even after book 6 comes out. it would be sooo cool if we predicted correctly about some of the things that are to happen in the next books!!
    as there are over 5000 posts here, i'm sure that we must have gotten something right. even if it's only one fact.

i am still sticking by my theroy that she will end it on a cliffhanger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    i don't think that ginny and harry will be together because rowling said that hermione and harry will share a kind of intimate thing in the 6th book. so if i were you search about harry losing his virginity blah blah blah in the sixth book besides it came from rowlings statement
    Harry will not get together NO WAY! It will be Ron and Hermione. Maybe the intimate bit will be hermione telling harry about her feelings towards ron. they have that love-hate relationship. and ron was sooo jealous when he saw krum and hermione at the yule ball. i bet u anything they'll get together!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.