The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5240
Xenon
Probably has been discussed, but did we come up with a reason as to why Voldie wanted to kill James and Harry, but not Lily? My instant though is the heir of gryffindor thing, as there are a lot of things in all of the books which lead up to that. But would J K Rowling make it that obvious? Maybe Voldie was in love with Lily or something.

Voldemort killed James because James got in his way, and Voldemort has never passed up a chance to kill anyone.
Reply 5241
moncal
Here is my list of people that will die:
1) Voldemort
2) Lucius Malfoy
3) Ron will kill Draco while Arthur is Dueling Lucius in book 7.

I'm not really sure that Draco will die. I don't know why!
Reply 5242
Xenon
I'm not really sure that Draco will die. I don't know why!

I was about to say the same, then read your reply.
Reply 5243
Magic101
thats just what i was thinking. geeze it must be hard for her to figure out who to kill off, but then again she has had pretty much the whole thing planned out so i guess its not that bad for her.

if u guys had to pick someone to be killed on the good side who would it be?

i think i would pick dumbledore (he's getting too old and it would be very interesting to see harry's reaction to this), snape (cuz i dont really like him anyways), and...i dunno who else. this is a hard decision.

Dumbledore will die anyway. He is the father figure, and simply has to. Also to give Harry that extra bit of drive to kill Voldemort. Thus Harry finishes the book without Dumbledore, and yet a man all the same. I'd hate to see Snape die, but I think he is going to live. I'm kind of hoping that at the end of the battle, only Harry, Snape and a death eater or two are left standing. Just a thought.
Reply 5244
I'd laugh if harry and co all die and in the last chapter Draco becomes headmaster of Hogwarts I think that would be pretty amusing.

I was disappointed in Draco in the last book I thought that he had turned into a bit of a stereotypical comic baddie.
Reply 5245
PadFoot90
trying to think of sumthing else to say... but i am sooooo hooked on lotr :biggrin: (i like them both)

ohh yes! ur not alone. i am hooked on both LotR and Harry Potter. i like the lotr movies better than the book (im still half way through the 1st book so i guess i can't really say that i like the movies better. at least not until i have read all the books.) but i definately like the HP books better than the movies.

well anyways, back to Harry Potter....
Brooklyn
I don't think she would kill of Hermione- she's said that she really tries to keep male/female characters at an equal level in terms of time and interest, and if she took out Hermione, all girl's interests would fall to the wayside-

Is anyone else a bit annoyed that the majority of fanfics pair Draco and Harry as a romantic couple? I could understand a few- its definately a new way to look at it- but the vast majority of them focus on the two of them- and it just seems so far fetched! I've only read a few with Ron/Harry, and that seems much more likely to me- I guess I like fan fics that focus more on taking some of JKs clues and weaving them into a whole story-

the fact that people write a guy to guy relationship story is already annoying. I respect their views on it, that they like stuff like those, but it just makes me shiver.
Sire
Dumbledore will die anyway. He is the father figure, and simply has to. Also to give Harry that extra bit of drive to kill Voldemort. Thus Harry finishes the book without Dumbledore, and yet a man all the same. I'd hate to see Snape die, but I think he is going to live. I'm kind of hoping that at the end of the battle, only Harry, Snape and a death eater or two are left standing. Just a thought.

Yeah, Dumbledore might die, but I think he would after the last battle and all. And he's gonna be saying something dramatic like, "Ah. My task in this world is done. I've kept you alive, Harry." then he slowly closes his eyes and his hands drop.

I do hope that Harry gets a girl, but if JK introduces "her" (whoever she is) in the next book, i think the development is going to be really fast... which would just be a bit sucky. Unless the girl is hermione... which i doubt.
Reply 5248
ladyblitzer
Yeah, Dumbledore might die, but I think he would after the last battle and all. And he's gonna be saying something dramatic like, "Ah. My task in this world is done. I've kept you alive, Harry." then he slowly closes his eyes and his hands drop.

I do hope that Harry gets a girl, but if JK introduces "her" (whoever she is) in the next book, i think the development is going to be really fast... which would just be a bit sucky. Unless the girl is hermione... which i doubt.

I hope that Dumblydore, if he is going to die, doesn't die before the final battle, else the wizarding world would bein disarray. I hope we get a new minister of magic. i.e. Mr Weasley-he deserves it.
Reply 5249
Xenon
I hope that Dumblydore, if he is going to die, doesn't die before the final battle, else the wizarding world would bein disarray. I hope we get a new minister of magic. i.e. Mr Weasley-he deserves it.

I think I posted this ages ago, and said the proper whens/hows etc but at some point someone says 'something' is about as likely as Mr Weasley becoming minister for magic- I think it's Ron who says it. And the something whatever it was does happen. Though I'm pretty sure we discussed this some time ago.
Reply 5250
Egan1
I think I posted this ages ago, and said the proper whens/hows etc but at some point someone says 'something' is about as likely as Mr Weasley becoming minister for magic- I think it's Ron who says it. And the something whatever it was does happen. Though I'm pretty sure we discussed this some time ago.

I'm not sure, I can't remember whether it was discussed before! What was that something?
Reply 5251
Magic101
ohh yes! ur not alone. i am hooked on both LotR and Harry Potter. i like the lotr movies better than the book (im still half way through the 1st book so i guess i can't really say that i like the movies better. at least not until i have read all the books.) but i definately like the HP books better than the movies.

well anyways, back to Harry Potter....

Haha i am half way through 1st lotr book aswell. The movies are excellent...

I bet dumbldedore is godric gryphondor (i know i spelled that wrong)
i dunno y though, he always seems to nkow what going on.... we might find a clue if some1 wants to unscramble Albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore. I think it must mean sumthing, it would be weird to give him 3 middle names for no reason
Reply 5252
PadFoot90
Haha i am half way through 1st lotr book aswell. The movies are excellent...

I bet dumbldedore is godric gryphondor (i know i spelled that wrong)
i dunno y though, he always seems to nkow what going on.... we might find a clue if some1 wants to unscramble Albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore. I think it must mean sumthing, it would be weird to give him 3 middle names for no reason

Has it been mentioned b4 how old Dumbledore is? Also, the sword of gryffindor is in Dumbledore's office. But it just seems to me that all the evidence points to Harry being the heir of gryffindor, but this is too obvious. However, it wouldn't make sense if Dumbledore was Godric. Plus, surely Hermione would have noticed if Dumbledore indeed is Godric Gryffindor.
Xenon
Has it been mentioned b4 how old Dumbledore is? Also, the sword of gryffindor is in Dumbledore's office. But it just seems to me that all the evidence points to Harry being the heir of gryffindor, but this is too obvious. However, it wouldn't make sense if Dumbledore was Godric. Plus, surely Hermione would have noticed if Dumbledore indeed is Godric Gryffindor.

I know Dumbledore is old and everything, but surely he can't be more than 1000 can he? Cos wasn't Hogwarts founded then? Also, the maker of the Philosopher's Stone, Nicholas Flamel, was only 600 and something and that was with the Elexir or Life. So I agree, he can't be....
Reply 5254
Xenon
I'm not sure, I can't remember whether it was discussed before! What was that something?

It wasn't a discussion- just something I pointed out really.

Ah yes- I remember.

Ron says at some point (after a bad practice or something), "We've got about as big a chance of winning the Quidditch cup as dad has of becoming Minister of Magic" (or similar). And they do win the cup.
Reply 5255
Unregistered
this is enough...I SERIOUSLY NEED TO POINT SOMETHING OUT!
DID THE PROPHECY NOT SAY THAT THE PARENTS WERE KILLED BY THE DARK LORD AFTER ESCAPING HIM 3 TIMES ....HELLO! NEVILLES PARENTS WERE TORTURED TO DEATH BY BELLATRIX LESTRANGE!!!!!NOT THE DARK LORD!!!.....LEAVING HARRY AS THE ONLY WE KNOW OF THAT FITS THE PROPHECY

Nevlles parents didn't actually die, there in St Mungos innit.
Reply 5256
Egan1
It wasn't a discussion- just something I pointed out really.

Ah yes- I remember.

Ron says at some point (after a bad practice or something), "We've got about as big a chance of winning the Quidditch cup as dad has of becoming Minister of Magic" (or similar). And they do win the cup.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. That was when we were discussing what would happen to Fudge and who would be MOM next or something like that.
Reply 5257
4Ed
hey has anyone read Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody?

Hey yeah i started that, didnt like it that much though. Come to think of it I might read it again. I just thought it was tacky, all taking the piss out of nmes rather than making decent jokes. Love Harry Potter can't wait for book 6.

can i test a theory on you all?

Harry Potter is based on the christmas Story. Voldi is Herod he had kill all the boy babies that posed a threat to him, but couldn't do it. Most of the characters don't matter but are just there to bring him gifts, knowledge/ friendship / physical things as well. Lily is the angel as she stands up for Snape in the Penseive although she dislikes him and she is a superntural means of protection.
In the same way some characters are other religious figures - peter petigrew is Judas.
In conclusion Harry has to die, to sacrivice himself to make the world good again.

Just so you know I'm not religious it just came to mind the other day.
PR. xx
Reply 5258
skragz
Harry Potter is based on the christmas Story. Voldi is Herod he had kill all the boy babies that posed a threat to him, but couldn't do it. Most of the characters don't matter but are just there to bring him gifts, knowledge/ friendship / physical things as well. Lily is the angel as she stands up for Snape in the Penseive although she dislikes him and she is a superntural means of protection.
In the same way some characters are other religious figures - peter petigrew is Judas.
In conclusion Harry has to die, to sacrivice himself to make the world good again.

But Voldie didn't go about trying to kill all the boy babies to find the right boy-Harry. He put the facts which he had together, and he chose Harry to be the one he would try and kill.
Reply 5259
But someone said before, he may have tried to get Neville afterwards, we don't know, because he got destroyed, I didnt mean all boy babies, just the threatening ones. soz if im talking crap i've just been on here for hours reading the all posts. only found the site tonight.

Latest

Trending

Trending