Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skragz)
    But someone said before, he may have tried to get Neville afterwards, we don't know, because he got destroyed, I didnt mean all boy babies, just the threatening ones. soz if im talking crap i've just been on here for hours reading the all posts. only found the site tonight.
    Afterwards? He was reduced to barely anything after being initially defeated by Harry. I don't think he would have been able to go after anybody in that state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Afterwards? He was reduced to barely anything after being initially defeated by Harry. I don't think he would have been able to go after anybody in that state.
    thats what i mean, if he had managed to kill harry he may well have gone for neville next. He didnt know he was going to get destroyed so the original plan when he went out killing was probably to kill them both. anyway doesnt matter.

Just a thought, now Lotr has finished U think they need any more 'house'Elves in HP, wouldnt mind seeing Legolas just wearing a pillow case.

ReputationRep:
    What i don't understand is why voldemort even tried to take out harry himself. Why not just have all his death eaters go and kill lily james and harry. i mean why go see the only guy that can kill you. If he had sent all the death eaters he would have found out that they couldn't use a spell to kill him and they could have used something else like a knife. Another thought, every clue we have about that night points to the fact that voldemort was alone. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    What i don't understand is why voldemort even tried to take out harry himself. Why not just have all his death eaters go and kill lily james and harry. i mean why go see the only guy that can kill you. If he had sent all the death eaters he would have found out that they couldn't use a spell to kill him and they could have used something else like a knife. Another thought, every clue we have about that night points to the fact that voldemort was alone. Why?
    Doesn't the prophecy say that only volide can kill harry and only harry can kill voldie?Or am I reading the prophecy wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Doesn't the prophecy say that only volide can kill harry and only harry can kill voldie?Or am I reading the prophecy wrong?
    thats how i read the propecy too! unless there is some catch about it that isn't obvious. seems like something that jk would do. i dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    he may be alone inside the potter's house, but the death eaters might have been waiting outside.

i mean why go see the only guy that can kill you.
    i think that voldie decided to kill harry by himself because he wasn't expecting that a baby would do such great damage to him. I believe he got really surprised. and besides, he didn't get to hear the whole of the prophecy... and the later parts did have something to do with harry's power over voldie or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i'm not sure whether it did say that exactly, but what I remember is the prophecy saying that only one can live and the other dies, not necessarily that they have to kill each other... though i'm not sure coz the book's not with me. can somebody check?

oh yeah, another thought about moncal's question... i also think that voldie decided to do the job himself because he might have thought that the death eaters wouldn't be able to do it, since harry is THE ONE who would beat voldemort someday, the Dark Lord prolly thought that baby or not, Harry can escape the death eaters.

Do i even make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    he may be alone inside the potter's house, but the death eaters might have been waiting outside.

i think that voldie decided to kill harry by himself because he wasn't expecting that a baby would do such great damage to him. I believe he got really surprised. and besides, he didn't get to hear the whole of the prophecy... and the later parts did have something to do with harry's power over voldie or something like that

Also, we know that death eaters are not really as good fighters as they seemed to be. (book 5). Also, volde probably knew he had to (and wanted to) kill lily and james to get to harry.He could have brought some death eaters with him, but he probably liked killing so much then he thought he could hanlde it himself. I can see why he thought that 2. He wasn't fighting dumbdledore of ne thing... Also, he says that james put up quite a fight... when did he learn all that stuff?? I mean, we think it was just a couple years after hogwarts, but we really don't know. So if it was just after hogwarts, does that mean any graduate could put up a good fight against volde? Thats why i think it was maybe 5,6, or 7 years after they left hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone noticed that thread is really big? and that averything your talking about now was probably already talked about in the 260 some pages of this thread??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylan plant)
    has anyone noticed that thread is really big? and that averything your talking about now was probably already talked about in the 260 some pages of this thread??
    Nope, I don't reckon that anyone's seen that this thread is very big! :rolleyes: . Many people have not even been onhere since the beginning, and some people might not have read all the pages. I'm sure that some of the stuff might have been repeated, but there will have been some new things too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nope, I don't reckon that anyone's seen that this thread is very big! :rolleyes: . Many people have not even been onhere since the beginning, and some people might not have read all the pages. I'm sure that some of the stuff might have been repeated, but there will have been some new things too.
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    thats how i read the propecy too! unless there is some catch about it that isn't obvious. seems like something that jk would do. i dunno
    Kind of. It says that neither can live whilst there is the other. Presumably, one must kill the other, but I'm sure that they aren't quite immortal just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    *nods* I've not been here since anywhere near the beginning. I actually began replying to the posts on the first page hehe, not realising how old they were As for trying to read the entire 260 pages... Kudos to you if you can be bothered to, but I've already seen a few things repeated, and like it, because by that stage there is a new person on the forum with a differing perspective on the issue at hand. Keep it going I say and stop having a go at people who are just trying to enjoy the thread by posting something they fail to see as a repeat post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Kind of. It says that neither can live whilst there is the other. Presumably, one must kill the other, but I'm sure that they aren't quite immortal just yet.
    that's how i understood it too

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, did you think I fell off the net.

I have been catching up this morning, lots of reading.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Neville could die. He's not a main character but he is lurking on the outskirts of alot of major adventures and if he died defending Harry, he would go down in the history books as great wizard instead of a bumbling one. Everyone would feel real bad, but he would die a hero. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Neville could die. He's not a main character but he is lurking on the outskirts of alot of major adventures and if he died defending Harry, he would go down in the history books as great wizard instead of a bumbling one. Everyone would feel real bad, but he would die a hero. Just a thought.
    i dount it. i've said it before and i'll say it again. Neville is a main character now. In the first few books he was just a lad in Harrys class, but now he is becoming more and more important.

i.e he was part of the propercy, he went with Harry to MoM, his parents were in the orginal Order,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    I know Dumbledore is old and everything, but surely he can't be more than 1000 can he? Cos wasn't Hogwarts founded then? Also, the maker of the Philosopher's Stone, Nicholas Flamel, was only 600 and something and that was with the Elexir or Life. So I agree, he can't be....
    i remember reading somewhere that Dumbledore was born in 1840 and we know that wizards live longer than muggles so that seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)

I don't really think he will be killed off. To me it seems that J K Rowling is building up his role in the story till eventually he can avenge his parents' sanity and kill Bellatrix. Neville wasn't realy part of the prophecy. He was an option to whom the prophecy may have referred to. But he can't be part of the prophecy as it is about Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i dount it. i've said it before and i'll say it again. Neville is a main character now. In the first few books he was just a lad in Harrys class, but now he is becoming more and more important.

i.e he was part of the propercy, he went with Harry to MoM, his parents were in the orginal Order,
    I think you're right there. Neville (and this plant) seem to be growing in the series. Neville also seems to have grown up a little more than the rest too. I'm just going by his efforts in the Ministry of Magic. The way I interpreted venom in his voice upon his reply to Bellatrix saying she had met his parents, and also the way he kept coming to Harry's aid despite not being able to say the curses properly. I think he must be the one to get revenge on Bellatrix, and does that plant possibly hold the key to helping his parents?

ReputationRep:
    harry cant die he has to kill voldermort i dont want anyone to die i never want it to end i dont think i can ever be too old to read about harry

i like the idea about longbottom i think that mite just happen

i think there has to be a book 8 that would be all about there life after of school

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.