Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph2004)
    harry cant die he has to kill voldermort i dont want anyone to die i never want it to end i dont think i can ever be too old to read about harry

i like the idea about longbottom i think that mite just happen

i think there has to be a book 8 that would be all about there life after of school
    It would be nice. Harry Potter and the life as an Auror? or perhaps Harry Potter and Minister of Magic?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, just been looking back at the early early posts on this thread, back to the time when we were delighted at the thread having reached 50 pages. Now look at it, the thread is at 265 pages and still going strong.
    Slightly off topic, but if you were to look into the mirror of erised, what would you see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It would be nice. Harry Potter and the life as an Auror? or perhaps Harry Potter and Minister of Magic?
    It would be very nice, but it's a bit unlikely to happen.J K Rowling has said previously that there won't be a book 8, after school-life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It would be very nice, but it's a bit unlikely to happen.J K Rowling has said previously that there won't be a book 8, after school-life.
    *nods* still a good dream though, but we can't expect too much of the woman. I reckon I'll have to have my entire series leather bound and put in a decent case when they've all been released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Haha, just been looking back at the early early posts on this thread, back to the time when we were delighted at the thread having reached 50 pages. Now look at it, the thread is at 265 pages and still going strong.
    Slightly off topic, but if you were to look into the mirror of erised, what would you see?
    excuse the LOTR, but something like me being an aragorn like person

Which charactor do u think is the most, and least likely to die

P.S, back to that post, i have been here since page 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    excuse the LOTR, but something like me being an aragorn like person

Which charactor do u think is the most, and least likely to die

P.S, back to that post, i have been here since page 13
    Most likely- a few of the weasleys (esp Percy), a professor, some of Harry's friends and dumbledore (pretty vague)
    Least likely- Neville, Ron or Hermione, Lupin (at least I hope) and Snape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Most likely- a few of the weasleys (esp Percy), a professor, some of Harry's friends and dumbledore (pretty vague)
    Least likely- Neville, Ron or Hermione, Lupin (at least I hope) and Snape.
    i agree. Snape will never die cos Harry needs a sorce of haterated at Hogwarts, and Malfoy aint going to supply it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i'm not sure what i would see. Properly meeting my girlfriend from America in my local McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i dount it. i've said it before and i'll say it again. Neville is a main character now. In the first few books he was just a lad in Harrys class, but now he is becoming more and more important.

i.e he was part of the propercy, he went with Harry to MoM, his parents were in the orginal Order,
    Being a main character doesn't remove him from the list of characters that can possibly die. There is always the possibility. If Harry can die in the end of the series, then anyone can die too, even if he or she is the least expected character that JK can do away with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Being a main character doesn't remove him from the list of characters that can possibly die. There is always the possibility. If Harry can die in the end of the series, then anyone can die too, even if he or she is the least expected character that JK can do away with.
    i know that there is a chance that main characters could die. i'm just saying that Nevilles chances are pretty slim.

ReputationRep:
    SO JK has definately said there will not be an 8th book... Why? Cos there wont be a Harry Potter at the end of it thats why!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verno)
    SO JK has definately said there will not be an 8th book... Why? Cos there wont be a Harry Potter at the end of it thats why!
    Or Harry rides into the sunset on his Firebolt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Or Harry rides into the sunset on his Firebolt.
    JK won't write something that corney.

ReputationRep:
    JK writes alot of corny stuff- which I actually like- we need more corny in literature

Good people to die:
    Percy (after redeeming himself)
    Charlie or Bill Weasley
    Professor Sprout (make Neville madder)
    Hagrid
    Mundungus Fletcher
    Tonks

What I would see in the Mirror of Erised:
    myself hitting the lotto, never needing to work again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skragz)
    Just a thought, now Lotr has finished U think they need any more 'house'Elves in HP, wouldnt mind seeing Legolas just wearing a pillow case.
    *thought bubble*

(Original post by Xenon)
    Doesn't the prophecy say that only volide can kill harry and only harry can kill voldie?Or am I reading the prophecy wrong?
    Yes, but he only heard part of it at the time did he not?

(Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i think that voldie decided to kill harry by himself because he wasn't expecting that a baby would do such great damage to him. I believe he got really surprised. and besides, he didn't get to hear the whole of the prophecy... and the later parts did have something to do with harry's power over voldie or something like that
    He liked killing, perhaps he get's a 'buzz' out of murdering the innocent. Or maybe he wanted to settle the score with James- which seems quite likely considering they had been up against them 3 times previously and not been beatan.

(Original post by kcoverst)
    I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Neville could die. He's not a main character but he is lurking on the outskirts of alot of major adventures and if he died defending Harry, he would go down in the history books as great wizard instead of a bumbling one. Everyone would feel real bad, but he would die a hero. Just a thought.
    It's a possibility, but it sounds as if the result would be pretty similar to when Wormtail was 'blown up' -awarded medals for bravery etc.
    I think if he dies, we're going to be impressed first. Could be wrong though.

------

Another previous 'theory' I wanted to bring back up was the possibility of Umbridge becomming a death eater. I was thinking about it again the other day- and it just seems to fit.
    She longs for power- which Voldemort will promise. She enjoys being evil, and I daresay would happily undertake orders of torture/muggle-killing etc. She also hates Dumbledore and Harry -perfect.

I would go on but my comp desperatly needs a restart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JK won't write something that corney.
    I sincerely hope not. The series has been far too good to be degraded by something that sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Another previous 'theory' I wanted to bring back up was the possibility of Umbridge becomming a death eater. I was thinking about it again the other day- and it just seems to fit.
    She longs for power- which Voldemort will promise. She enjoys being evil, and I daresay would happily undertake orders of torture/muggle-killing etc. She also hates Dumbledore and Harry -perfect.

I would go on but my comp desperatly needs a restart.
    There was a time when I thought that Fudge was a deatheater, though I'm thinking more along the lines of he's an idiot to not see the truth. Umbridge is plain evil, and yes would fit the makings of a deatheater. I just don't know. Who knows, she could be one of those plain evil characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a deatheater. I was wondering, would Dumbledore have had an inkling as to what was was happening in the detentions?
    I reckon that yes, either Charlie or Bill will die, though not both. Also, Lucius Malfoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    There was a time when I thought that Fudge was a deatheater, though I'm thinking more along the lines of he's an idiot to not see the truth. Umbridge is plain evil, and yes would fit the makings of a deatheater. I just don't know. Who knows, she could be one of those plain evil characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a deatheater. I was wondering, would Dumbledore have had an inkling as to what was was happening in the detentions?
    I reckon that yes, either Charlie or Bill will die, though not both. Also, Lucius Malfoy.
    Umbridge would make a great death eater I think, and Fudge does seem a bit too stupid to be one. I think he is on the level, just a bubble short. Any ideas on how the final battle will go though? Will it be a big bust up similar to that of the Order and Death Eaters in the Ministry of Magic, only larger? Or will it be a more sombre affair with Harry, Dumbledore, Voldemort and a supporter, probably Bellatrix???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Umbridge would make a great death eater I think, and Fudge does seem a bit too stupid to be one. I think he is on the level, just a bubble short. Any ideas on how the final battle will go though? Will it be a big bust up similar to that of the Order and Death Eaters in the Ministry of Magic, only larger? Or will it be a more sombre affair with Harry, Dumbledore, Voldemort and a supporter, probably Bellatrix???
    I reckon it'll be a big fight between the order and the deatheaters, separating off into a Voldie vs Harry fight, with maybe Dumbledore getting into the act beforehand maybe (and perhaps getting killed). But maybe that's already happened before too often. I think the fight will be in Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon it'll be a big fight between the order and the deatheaters, separating off into a Voldie vs Harry fight, with maybe Dumbledore getting into the act beforehand maybe (and perhaps getting killed). But maybe that's already happened before too often. I think the fight will be in Hogwarts.
    Yeah, Hogwarts would be the ideal place for the final battle. Perhaps hovering over the lake if possible. Did Voldemort play quidditch at all? Perhaps it could end up in a duel like that. Will Harry use the unforgivable curse to kill Voldemort though? I know he used the cruciatus curse on Bellatrix, but he wasn't caught for that. Would he try using the biggy?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.