The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Xenon
He's living a cursed life though!
I hope that Harry doesn't die once the connection between Harry and Voldie is broken. That would be a lousy way for him to die, if he were to die.

I thought drinking the unicorn blood gave him a half life, or am I just not remembering properly?

Another thought, is Tonks still injured after the final battle? Was discussing it with a friend over lunch. and his theory is she's still injured so will become the new DADA teacher rather than playing a more active role in the Order and as an Auror. I'm not entirely convinced myself, having an Aurpr teach is just a bit too much like when Moody was teaching.
Reply 5341
ditzy blonde
Another thought, is Tonks still injured after the final battle? Was discussing it with a friend over lunch. and his theory is she's still injured so will become the new DADA teacher rather than playing a more active role in the Order and as an Auror. I'm not entirely convinced myself, having an Aurpr teach is just a bit too much like when Moody was teaching.

I don't think it was mentioned at the end of the story, so it's open for J K Rowling to do whatever she wants. It sure would be interesting to have Tonks as the DADA teacher. She's an interesting character, and woud give us a chance to know her and her feelings better. Cos Sirius was her cousin after all, so she must be upset too.
Reply 5342
I get the feeling "cousin" doesn't mean so much in the wizarding world- at least I never saw Sirius act much different- and it was her mother that was his first cousin- and technically, so are the Malfoys-

if Kreacher belongs to them- won't he be able to reveal all the Order secrets?
Reply 5343
DADA teachers are usually new characters- it would be odd if Tonks became one- and actually- Moody was hurt too- remember his eye was rolling across the floor? and so was Kingsley- he's kind of interesting as well isn't he?
Reply 5344
Brooklyn
I get the feeling "cousin" doesn't mean so much in the wizarding world- at least I never saw Sirius act much different- and it was her mother that was his first cousin- and technically, so are the Malfoys-

Kreacher seems pretty evil. I'm not sure he'd side with the order.
Reply 5345
Brooklyn

Won't Kreacher still be bound to Sirius so unable to reveal the Orders secrets. I know Sirius is dead so can't still be his master, but he didn't give him clothes so the way I see it, he wouldn't be able to break his enslavement by telling all to the Malfoys
Reply 5346
Brooklyn
DADA teachers are usually new characters- it would be odd if Tonks became one- and actually- Moody was hurt too- remember his eye was rolling across the floor? and so was Kingsley- he's kind of interesting as well isn't he?

I liked Kingsley, it'd great to see more of him in the next two books, in my head he was fit! Maybe he can take over from Sirius as the attractive one in my mind when I'm reading! (I have such a one track mind!)
Reply 5347
ditzy blonde
I thought drinking the unicorn blood gave him a half life, or am I just not remembering properly?

no i think at the end, dumble says tonks might need some time at mungo's but will be fine.
Reply 5348
moncal
If you are talking about my name, i only found this site a couple of weeks
ago doing a harry potter book 5 search on yahoo.

no sorry i forgot to put who i was talknig about in the post, it was only the title of the post. The name was iluvitor, or sumthing like that. I thought they used to be a member in the early stages...

sorry for any confusion
Reply 5349
PadFoot90
no i think at the end, dumble says tonks might need some time at mungo's but will be fine.

Shame, I think she would've made a good teacher!
Reply 5350
ditzy blonde

I was kind of hoping that Harry would become the next Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. He already began the DA and showed himself there. Would JKR allow 6th year to teach, the same person who was the youngest Quidditch player in over 100 years mind.
Reply 5351
Sire
I was kind of hoping that Harry would become the next Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. He already began the DA and showed himself there. Would JKR allow 6th year to teach, the same person who was the youngest Quidditch player in over 100 years mind.

I would've thought he be an actual teacher, I mean, when would he fit in teaching around his own NEWT lessons. Think he'll probably keep up the DA tho, but perhaps with a bit more uidance from the Order this time, maybe like a junior Order.
Reply 5352
Sire

I'm not sure about that. I mean yeah, Hary's at a higher level than everyone else, but he still has loads to learn. But then again, he could have other lessons outside classes for advancedstuff and still teach. But yeah, maybe he would be too young, and there are more experienced people around (inc Dumblydore), from whom Harry could learn a lot from.
Reply 5353
Xenon
I'm not sure about that. I mean yeah, Hary's at a higher level than everyone else, but he still has loads to learn. But then again, he could have other lessons outside classes for advancedstuff and still teach. But yeah, maybe he would be too young, and there are more experienced people around (inc Dumblydore), from whom Harry could learn a lot from.

Thats true, my next choice would be to have Snape as a DADA teacher at last. In the books they all say that Snape really wants the job, but I'm not sure thats true. He would make a fine teacher though.
Reply 5354
Sire
Thats true, my next choice would be to have Snape as a DADA teacher at last. In the books they all say that Snape really wants the job, but I'm not sure thats true. He would make a fine teacher though.

Yeah, Snape would be a good choice, and then there would be a new Potions teacher, which might be interesting, and it also means that Harry would have a better chance of doing well in his Potions Newt. I think it would be a bit ridiculous to have yet another completely new teacher.This is all assuming that the big reason why Snape had never been given the job before isn't still an issue
Reply 5355
Sire

But Snape already makes Harry's life hell in potions, but in DADA too? He's got enough to worry about, without Snape being DADA teacher. But, yeah, there have been loads of hints. Maybe there will be an explanation of his past or something,so we can see why Snape became a spy etc.
Reply 5356
Xenon
But Snape already makes Harry's life hell in potions, but in DADA too? He's got enough to worry about, without Snape being DADA teacher. But, yeah, there have been loads of hints. Maybe there will be an explanation of his past or something,so we can see why Snape became a spy etc.

I'm so torn, you make a good point about Snape making Harry miserable, but I'm curious and would quite like to see him get the job, partly because I'd like to see who'd teach potions, and also I think if he got the job it'd finally come out why he didn't get it all the other times.

JK really needs to write faster! :biggrin:
ditzy blonde
I'm so torn, you make a good point about Snape making Harry miserable, but I'm curious and would quite like to see him get the job, partly because I'd like to see who'd teach potions, and also I think if he got the job it'd finally come out why he didn't get it all the other times.

JK really needs to write faster! :biggrin:

and I would also like to know why Snape wants the job so badly... and what he could actually do.

i hope the DADA teacher in the 6th book would be permanent already.
oooh just a thought. I thought of this line when I was trying to make a HP fanfic.

what if the DADA position is cursed? I mean, what if there's nobody who can really be a good DADA teacher because... there is no defense against the dark arts???

ooooh, evil :wink:
Reply 5359
Sirius was the only adult that Harry was really close to right?
do u think that now sirius has gone he will start to become closer to Lupin or mabey even moody?
now he doesnt really have a father figure so mabey he will trun to them for help or w/e?
i also thought mabey he might become closer to tonks because she is the only relative of sirius that harry likes/knows?

Latest

Trending

Trending