Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It has probably been discussed before, as everything seems to have been, but what jobs would the major characters be most likely to get after Hogwarts? I've no idea what would suit Hermione best, Harry seems destined to be an Auror or dead. Ron wanted to be an Auror, but something tells me he may end up helping his brothers, or work at the ministry. Neville? Malfoy? Cho Chang?
    Cho Chang- sit-com drama queen
    Neville- Dead
    Malfoy-Dead
    Harry- auror
    Hermione- Minister of Magic
    Ron- work for ministry

ReputationRep:
    I don't reckon that sirius and James were stupid. They got good grades, despite their lack of respect forrules and their laidback approach. The weasleys were clever but didn't work to get the grades that perhaps they could have. James and Sirius arelike the twins, but maybe having lupin around made them settle down to do some work, whereas we don't know ifthe weasley twins had anyone like that. But it's true, if James and Sirius didn'tget good grades, they couldstill be smart,but it might not as recognised as if they'd got goo grades. Duo how

ReputationRep:
    Continuing from my previous post, as my computer's messing up a bit. I dunno how much of that makes sense because I'm sort of tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Cho Chang- sit-com drama queen
    Neville- Dead
    Malfoy-Dead
    Harry- auror
    Hermione- Minister of Magic
    Ron- work for ministry
    Hermione, the first minister of magic? Now that would be interesting. You reckon Neville will die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It has probably been discussed before, as everything seems to have been, but what jobs would the major characters be most likely to get after Hogwarts? I've no idea what would suit Hermione best, Harry seems destined to be an Auror or dead. Ron wanted to be an Auror, but something tells me he may end up helping his brothers, or work at the ministry. Neville? Malfoy? Cho Chang?
    Harry- haha good ponit, he might not need a job, but i would say quiddictch palyer, the headmaster of hogwarts
    Hermy: i would say teacher if not 4 that interview.... how about a healer??
    Ron- something in the MoM
    Neville- teacher (herb.)
    Malfoy- next volde (?)
    Cho- With any luck, dead

Any else wanna see harry go to durmstrang or beuxbatons? it would be cool to see a whole new castle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Because he is annoying the evil characters are interesting!
    Good point...Very good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    The question i see is what is the definition of smart? I'm sure that lupin was a hermione type person both in academics and respect for rules. I also think that there is more to being smart than academics. I think that sirius and james just didn't care about academics. That doesn't mean that they were stupid and i think the professors could see that. Modern example is the weasly twins. They are great at magic but don't care about grades.
    i agree with you on that. I know loads of people who are really smart and could easily get top grades in everything. But they just can't be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't bel;ieve that r Weasley should be head of the order. I just don't think taht he'll have the presence, the experience or the authority to be the head of the order. I don't know, I just think that there may be others better suited for that role, and I don't see Mr Weasley as that person. I do see him as the new MOM, maybe after Fudge has been killed by Voldie or something. He'd suit that job, and can still have a big influence there.
    4 posts in a row, Brooklyn? That's a record even for you on this thread!
    The whole thinking behind him leading the Order was that he would probably have to do something spectacular to gain public confidence and become Minister for Magic, maybe if one of his children were killed it would spur him on and he'd become more of a presence in the Order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    The whole thinking behind him leading the Order was that he would probably have to do something spectacular to gain public confidence and become Minister for Magic, maybe if one of his children were killed it would spur him on and he'd become more of a presence in the Order.
    Arthur Weasley as head for the Order of the Phoenix? Minister of Magic? Well, I'm not too sure about the Order, but they've been hinting at his promontion through the ministry all through the series. Except he just hasn't got the drive they say. I'd be pleased, and none too surprised, if he was given the top job in the ministry. His character exhibits all the traits of someone I'd like to be leading the Ministry of Magic. Goodwilled, sensible, smart etc.

ReputationRep:
    This is one HUGE thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

It certainly is. A tribute to the talent of JKR with every post that is added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Arthur Weasley as head for the Order of the Phoenix? Minister of Magic? Well, I'm not too sure about the Order, but they've been hinting at his promontion through the ministry all through the series. Except he just hasn't got the drive they say. I'd be pleased, and none too surprised, if he was given the top job in the ministry. His character exhibits all the traits of someone I'd like to be leading the Ministry of Magic. Goodwilled, sensible, smart etc.
    There just needs to be some reason for Fudge to resign, unless they have a limited term in charge, and the Arthur Weasley can take over. Beginning to think I may have put a bit too much thought into this though, never mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    There just needs to be some reason for Fudge to resign, unless they have a limited term in charge, and the Arthur Weasley can take over. Beginning to think I may have put a bit too much thought into this though, never mind!
    Fudge's reason would be his denial of Voldemort being alive and well for a full year, whilst Dumbledore and others had let him know of the truth. I think there will be an outcry to have a new Minister at the beginning of the 6th book. Would you want your leader to deny any sign of danger for 12 months before doing something about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It certainly is. A tribute to the talent of JKR with every post that is added.
    DEFINATELY!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

The_Barman: Why do you post everything as a quotation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Fudge's reason would be his denial of Voldemort being alive and well for a full year, whilst Dumbledore and others had let him know of the truth. I think there will be an outcry to have a new Minister at the beginning of the 6th book. Would you want your leader to deny any sign of danger for 12 months before doing something about it?
    he'll properly say that he was doing it for their own protection.

ReputationRep:
    With Mr Weasley as MOM, the order can have some charge as to what will go on in the wizarding world. There needs to be a proper leader, who will protect the wizarding world, and not someone who cannot stand up to Voldie (Fudge). Bring on Mr Weasley as MOM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    he'll properly say that he was doing it for their own protection.
    Protectio against what? Against Voldie? Yeah right! Knowledge brings about more protection than ignorance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Protectio against what? Against Voldie? Yeah right! Knowledge brings about more protection than ignorance!
    i agree with you on that. But there is that saying. "What you don't know, can't hurt you"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i agree with you on that. But there is that saying. "What you don't know, can't hurt you"
    Against Voldie, it would at least be better to know what you're up against, than suddenly be hit with the dark mark over yor house indicating a death.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.