The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5540
Brooklyn
Magical Law Enforcement for me- I'm addicted to "Law and Order" :smile:

Level 3 - Accidents and Catastrophies for me
Reply 5541
I don't understand the begining of book 4, Does tom riddle kill his parents? and how comes he is found dead in th house also? how then would he become volde? Can someone please explain?

If I had a job in the MOM I would work for magical games and sports, though the only magical sport we haer of is quidditch do u think they have anymore?
Reply 5542
woody
I don't understand the begining of book 4, Does tom riddle kill his parents? and how comes he is found dead in th house also? how then would he become volde? Can someone please explain?

no, he killed his grandparents, and his father. Tom Riddle is name of Voldemorts father
Reply 5543
Tom Riddle JR killed Tom Riddle SR and the elder Riddles as well- I feel like there is something important about that name as well... hmm--- I wonder what the "Riddle" is?

Anyway, remember Tom Riddle JR IS Voldemort- so yes, Voldemort killed his father and grandparents- somehow that made more sense in my head than trying to explain it...
Reply 5544
Hey- what do you think Voldie would DO if he killed Harry? Is he still going to kill all the muggleborn and muggles? He didn't seem to really care about that- plus, there are only so many- once he's killed them all, what's he going to do? I somehow don't see becoming Minister of Magic being his goal- if he hadn't gone bad, he probably could have managed that on brains alone-
Reply 5545
Thank YOu!! I understand and now I feel stupid for not understanding it!

I think Volde would just do stuff like taking over the muggles so his known to them but doesn't kill them all. He would like have a evil army of stuff and make the goodies suffer eg. Dumbledore if he was still alive.
Reply 5546
Dude
Aren't you forgetting the Department of Mysterys. How could you forget that.

Here is an interesting idea. Which department would you work in, in the MoM (apart from being the MoM). i would work on Level 4 myself. Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures

The Department of mysteries is not on level one. They had to go down several floors to get to the department of mysteries.

I would work in the Department of Mysteries and the first mystery i would solve is how to get there.
Reply 5547
Thanks for the rep whomever :cool:
Reply 5548
Brooklyn
Hey- what do you think Voldie would DO if he killed Harry? Is he still going to kill all the muggleborn and muggles? He didn't seem to really care about that- plus, there are only so many- once he's killed them all, what's he going to do? I somehow don't see becoming Minister of Magic being his goal- if he hadn't gone bad, he probably could have managed that on brains alone-

Well, to be honest, I think his main priority just now is to kill Harry, as Harry isthe main one who stands in his way to take over the wizarding and muggle community. Once Harry's dead (hopefuly won't happen), Voldie can do wahtever he wants.
Reply 5549
moncal
The Department of mysteries is not on level one. They had to go down several floors to get to the department of mysteries.

I would work in the Department of Mysteries and the first mystery i would solve is how to get there.

I think the Department of Mysteries is on level 9. I thought this through the other night because I couldn't work it out whilst I was reading it, but heres what I've come up with:

You enter the phone box at ground level, which then doubles up as a lift. You travel downwards, going deeper underground until you reach the Atrium. You then go to one of the other lifts and travel UP to reach the other departments, with level 7 being the first floor you come to, hence the furthest underground, and level 1 being the closest to ground level. It is also possible to go down from the Atrium to the Department of Mysteries and even further down to the old courtrooms.

I don't know where I'd work though, working at the ministry would really appeal I don't think. Not sure what I'd do instead though, I couldn't teach, and I'd be a rubbish healer, maybe something for Gringotts, I'm looking to go into finance anyway!
Sire
Ahha. Lovely *rubs hands with a look of glee before realising how stupid I must look doing that* hehe. Firstly, James said to Lily 'He's here, I'll hold him off, save Harry'. Or something like that.

Well... the only explanation why James wasn't able to do something... too slow. Heehee. Oh well, we should be glad, though. Or else there wouldn't be any of the books right now. :smile:
Sire
Level 3 - Accidents and Catastrophies for me

me too, me too! But I think I'd rather work in St. Mungo's than in the Ministry of Magic. Or maybe an auror.
Xenon
Well, to be honest, I think his main priority just now is to kill Harry, as Harry isthe main one who stands in his way to take over the wizarding and muggle community. Once Harry's dead (hopefuly won't happen), Voldie can do wahtever he wants.

He's just sick and evil, I tell ya! :eek:
Reply 5553
He is sick and evil but without him where would we be. Nowhere.
Voldemort is one of the best baddies around in my opinion.
Reply 5554
woody
He is sick and evil but without him where would we be. Nowhere.
Voldemort is one of the best baddies around in my opinion.

He is one of the best, especially considering that we know very little about him really.
Reply 5555
ladyblitzer
me too, me too! But I think I'd rather work in St. Mungo's than in the Ministry of Magic. Or maybe an auror.

Wait a sec, I'd way prefer to be an auror thand in the MOM too. Forget my pervious choice. Voldie is the villain we love to hate. He is one of those who have come from a miserable background, and nowaim to take over the world.His snake like features help add to the effect of evilllness.
Reply 5556
You know in the book I thought he was completly different to the bit in the film where he like crumbles and then whooshes thru harry. I thought he was more snakelike than human.
Reply 5557
H'es a human who's snakelike - I think he'll get more so when he isn't just stuck to someone else-

I think Voldie's such a good character BECAUSE we know so little- makes him scarier

The aurors ARE in the MOM- they are in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement- so is Arthur Weasley in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office- there must be a TON of departments on that floor- the underage magic people- the people who set up the trials-

Maybe Fudge's office is on the first level?
Reply 5558
I reckon I'd like to be Volders' best friend. On an equal par with him. Not a snivelling Death Eater saying yes master, no my lord, ok your eminence etc. Just someone who can talk on an even keel with the great one himself. :smile:
Reply 5559
Bellatrix is the closest death eater to voldermort because he knows he can trust her to be mean and stuff. He treats her with more respect than the others.

Latest

Trending

Trending