Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ollie, welcome back, allbeit said a little late. I guess people wanted to express their views after reading the 5th book. And the more you think about it, the more unanswered questions there are, with many possible explanations. Have you read the 5th book Ollie? Or are you not a Harry Potter fan?

ReputationRep:
    ah yes, i recall having a discussion with u about this before. yes i have read it, i guess i am a fan lol!

ReputationRep:
    Must have been quite a change for harry. Thwarting voldemort and rescuing people and escaping voldemort, thenhe goes to the other extreme and almost got and friends, himself and the order killed, and it was his fault sirius died..... or maybe kreacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Must have been quite a change for harry. Thwarting voldemort and rescuing people and escaping voldemort, thenhe goes to the other extreme and almost got and friends, himself and the order killed, and it was his fault sirius died..... or maybe kreacher
    Or Snape's fault for perhaps bringing past personal conflicts b/w him and Harry during occumulency lessons. Or Dumbledore's fault for not telling Harry much at all until tragedy struck. Or Sirius' fault for disobeying orders and coming after Harry (Don't blame him much). Why oh why did
    harry not think of contacting Sirius using the mirror?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Why oh why did
    I know...foolish boy- if only he'd been a little more level-headed and thought about things perhaps Sirius would still be with us *wipes tear away*...

As for Kreacher- could there be a cheesy him against Dobby fight? Let's hope not! :P -Do you think Sirius will have left all his things- eg house etc to Harry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I know...foolish boy- if only he'd been a little more level-headed and thought about things perhaps Sirius would still be with us *wipes tear away*...

As for Kreacher- could there be a cheesy him against Dobby fight? Let's hope not! :P -Do you think Sirius will have left all his things- eg house etc to Harry?
    Yup. I mean Harry and Lupin are the only ones real close to him, but I think that Harry might get most of it, or the order might get the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yup. I mean Harry and Lupin are the only ones real close to him, but I think that Harry might get most of it, or the order might get the house.
    Think of all those lovely verbal-paintings and goblin heads - I daresay they'd fetch a fortune at a muggle auction! - Ebay here we come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Think of all those lovely verbal-paintings and goblin heads - I daresay they'd fetch a fortune at a muggle auction! - Ebay here we come!
    Yup, especially the extremely lovely one of Sirius' screaming mum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Or Snape's fault for perhaps bringing past personal conflicts b/w him and Harry during occumulency lessons. Or Dumbledore's fault for not telling Harry much at all until tragedy struck. Or Sirius' fault for disobeying orders and coming after Harry (Don't blame him much). Why oh why did
    Because he did not even find it until he was cleaning out his trunk. He totally forgot about it.

ReputationRep:
    How do you think Harry will react next year, I mean after all the things that happened. I have a feeling that he will blame himself for Sirius' death. But will he get more moody, distance himself from his friends or what? I hope that he doesn't distance himself from his friends. I mean that's got to be important in the fight against Voldie. Voldie hasn't experienced love, friendship and unforced loyalty. Harry needs his friends, now more than ever!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed...I can see mood swings coming, he'll probably seclude himself more...
    I want to know how his relationship with snape continues...should be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Indeed...I can see mood swings coming, he'll probably seclude himself more...
    I want to know how his relationship with snape continues...should be interesting...
    Hmmmmm. Will Snape and Harry finally settle their differences, and will Snape see that Harry is a different person from his father? Will Snape and Harry work together to fight Voldie? Find out in the next edition of HP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmmmm. Will Snape and Harry finally settle their differences, and will Snape see that Harry is a different person from his father? Will Snape and Harry work together to fight Voldie? Find out in the next edition of HP.
    It will be interesting to see how (or if) their relationship changes. I really can't see snape helping harry fight voldemort, as snape said he would support umbridge if she decided to poison harry. It will be very interesting to see what side snape really is on. Remember the first time harry looked at him? His scar started to throb. The only other person that is able to do that is the dark lord himself (i think). This makes him look bad, not to mention his hate for harry. Plus the fact that he's not dead, when he turned against voldemort it would have been easy to go kill him like he did everyone else, but he has let snape go unharmed for 13 years... But dumbledore trustes snape so much, and jkr likes to keep us guessing, and many people have guessed that snape will turn out to be evil.

One question: When dumbledore sends petunia the howler, it says " remember my last petunia". His last what??

OK 2 question: In book 1, snape hurts his leg against fluffy (i think) if quirrle was the bad one, why was snape even in that room?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SiriusFan] Remember the first time harry looked at him? His scar started to throb. The only other person that is able to do that is the dark lord himself (i think).QUOTE]

Don't forget that Snape was sitting n the teacher's table, and that means that Quirrel was there too. Maye Snape was next to Quirrel, who had Voldie under his turban, explaining why Harry's scar hurt.

ReputationRep:
    well maybe, but here's what it says in book 1. " It happened very suddenly. The hook-nosed teacher looked right past Quirrell's turban straight into harry's eyes - and a sharp, hot pain shot across the scar on harry's forehead". Then, a later it says " The pain had gone as quickly as it had come. Harder to shake off was the feeling Harry had gotten from the teacher's look- a feeling that he didn't like harry at all."

Sounds like snape's doing to me

ReputationRep:
    OK 2 question: In book 1, snape hurts his leg against fluffy (i think) if quirrle was the bad one, why was snape even in that room?
    He went to stop Quirril I think...I believe he thought he was heading there or something (?)

ReputationRep:
    well maybe, but here's what it says in book 1. " It happened very suddenly. The hook-nosed teacher looked right past Quirrell's turban straight into harry's eyes - and a sharp, hot pain shot across the scar on harry's forehead". Then, a later it says " The pain had gone as quickly as it had come. Harder to shake off was the feeling Harry had gotten from the teacher's look- a feeling that he didn't like harry at all."

Sounds like snape's doing to me
    exactly...he looked right through QUIRRELL'S TURBAN....that is where vold was so it just because harry was looking right at snape snapes was right behind the turban...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    exactly...he looked right through QUIRRELL'S TURBAN....that is where vold was so it just because harry was looking right at snape snapes was right behind the turban...

CR
    Re-read my post. It says " looked right passed" no looked rigth through

ReputationRep:
    Re-read my post. It says " looked right passed" no looked rigth through
    i kno i kno...but its the same thing...he looked right passed the turban..meaning it was in the way but it was as iff it wasn't there...

CR

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what people's opinions are of the overall outcome of these 2 characters and any other characters.
    1. Draco Malfoy
    2. Snape
    Will they end up on the right or wrong side. Will they side with or against Harry. Also, will dobby have an important part in the next books, or will he be a minor character. And when will Wormtail pay back the debt he owes Harry, and under what circumstances?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.