The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
Do you think that giants will be any help at all in the battle? cos if there anything like grawp in book 5 they b useless. or was there something wrong with him?
Reply 5621
woody
Do you think that giants will be any help at all in the battle? cos if there anything like grawp in book 5 they b useless. or was there something wrong with him?

NO.

grawp was small and probably still in shock from being moved from his clan.
Reply 5622
Xenon
It's McGonnagal Dude. You never could spell her name, could u?

well i am terrible speller, as you can tell. And i don't reckon the giants will help because Hagrid said he tried and failed, didn't he.
Reply 5623
Dude
Hey Guys. Quite alo0t to say.

i would work as Care of Magical Creatures, or have Hagrid's job. The Keeper of the Keys.

I reckon that Mogonical (can't spell her name) is second in command just like she is Deputy HeadMistress.

How do we know that Umbridge won't get out of Mungos by the 6th book. I would like to see her return coz she is a fantastic character.

I'm not sure on the MoM election. Hagrid just says that Dumbledore was going to be MoM, but he wanted to stay at Hogwarts, so Fudge was offered the job instead.

I didn't think Umbridge was in St. Mungos. Didn't she leave Hogwarts during the feast and Peeves chased her with McGonnagal's walking stick?
Reply 5624
Right, quite a bit to say, got a lot of catching up to do because I can't post from my PC at home, grrr!

I think Cho would still have another year left at Hogwarts, I'm sure it said she was a forth year in book 3. I think all the names that were being put forward for the part of Cho, like Lori from Neighbours (whose from New Zealand btw) would have been too old, none of them looked 15.

Couple of other things I wanted to bring up while I was reading book 5 over the weekend:

How did Fudge get his Oder of Merlin 1st Class? You seem to have to do something to earn one, I'm assuming Dumbledore got his for defeating Grindewald, and Pettigrew was going to get one for trying to stop Black, but what has Fudge done to deserve one?

Another thing, what NEWT's will Harry take? McGonagall tells him he needs 5 to become an Auror, but then only mentions Charms, Transfiguration, Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts. The only other things I can think of are Herbology or Care of Magical Creatures.

Final point, what would have happened if Neville had removed the Prophecy from the shelf in the Department of Mysteries? Would he have gone crazy? And does Harry being able to take it confirm once and for all that the prophecy was referring to him?
Reply 5625
Enjoy the remainder of the series people. I'm off the forum for a while. :smile: Been a pleasure.
Does anyone think the people that Mr Dursley meets celebrating at the begining of book 1 are gonna come back in another book?
What does everyone here think of Prof. Snape? I personally do not trust him :mad:
Reply 5628
Moon monster
Does anyone think the people that Mr Dursley meets celebrating at the begining of book 1 are gonna come back in another book?

I think we've probably met some if not all of them already, but as Vernon didn't know them it would be quite hard to identify them. I kind of assumed one might be Dedalus Diggle, but thats purely a guess because he seems quite exciteable!
Reply 5629
PadFoot90
Yeah but Percy's offical position is Senoir Under secratary to the Minister. I have no idea what that means, but i'll bet he's pretty high up on Fudge's list, if fudge steps down. Then there's also umbridge....

Percy is, as his name suggests, basically a secretary. He doesn't have the political knowledge etc to suddenly become minister. It wouldn't make sense at all.

kcoverst
I didn't think Umbridge was in St. Mungos. Didn't she leave Hogwarts during the feast and Peeves chased her with McGonnagal's walking stick?

Yes, that is right.

ditzy blonde
I think we've probably met some if not all of them already, but as Vernon didn't know them it would be quite hard to identify them. I kind of assumed one might be Dedalus Diggle, but thats purely a guess because he seems quite exciteable!

Yes, they've already met some I think. And certainly Harry has met, I think it was Dedalus, who bowed to him in a supermarket (or similar) when he was little.

---

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the giants. I'm pretty sure they will be involved, as it would be odd just to leave it like that. Looks like the deatheaters have managed to get some on their side, so that'll form a more 'terrifying' evil army. But then, Grawp looks to have been 'tamed' as it were, he appears to have grown close to Hagrid (-when Hermione and Harry see him in the Fores), and I expect he'll have developed further over the holidays. We shall have to see whether any other giants join the goodies. And of course, will Hagrid manage to find him a mate?
I wonder if JK is planning on having Grawp rekindle the hope of the race of giants. They're very close to extinct, and it's only a matter of time, expecially with the war coming, in addition to their own fighting tendencies. I suppose if he has a mate he could start his own tribe, though JK may decide to be more 'realistic' about their fate, who knows.
Reply 5630
ditzy blonde
How did Fudge get his Oder of Merlin 1st Class? You seem to have to do something to earn one, I'm assuming Dumbledore got his for defeating Grindewald, and Pettigrew was going to get one for trying to stop Black, but what has Fudge done to deserve one?

Another thing, what NEWT's will Harry take? McGonagall tells him he needs 5 to become an Auror, but then only mentions Charms, Transfiguration, Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts. The only other things I can think of are Herbology or Care of Magical Creatures.

Final point, what would have happened if Neville had removed the Prophecy from the shelf in the Department of Mysteries? Would he have gone crazy? And does Harry being able to take it confirm once and for all that the prophecy was referring to him?

When did Fudge get his order of merlin? If he got it after the temporary downfall of Voldie, maybe he got one for the arrest of the deatheaters. I dunno, maybe they were in a celebratory mood.
How many NEWTYS do they take? I mean in england, they have maybe 4 A-levels (or at least used to). So would the 5 subjects be enough? If not, maybe he has one of the other 2 to make up numbers. I'm hoping that he gets some advanced DADA classes or something.
Reply 5631
In the first film in the leaky cauldron am I wrong or did I see Gus from Eastenders siting at the bar?

Yeah it twas dedalus diggle who harry met, it says so.

Is snape a goodie or a baddie?
Reply 5632
woody
In the first film in the leaky cauldron am I wrong or did I see Gus from Eastenders siting at the bar?

Yeah it twas dedalus diggle who harry met, it says so.

Is snape a goodie or a baddie?

goodie. has to be or else Dumbledore wouldn't trust him.

For Harry, i don't think we will be seeing him in Hagrids class (Care of Magical Creatures) or Herbology as they don't really help an Auror.
Reply 5633
Do you think his clever enough to become an auror, his no good at potions and hermione does lots of work for him! But I suppose he did pass his exams all by himself.
Reply 5634
woody
Do you think his clever enough to become an auror, his no good at potions and hermione does lots of work for him! But I suppose he did pass his exams all by himself.

don't forget that Harry was very upset at this. But harry is like Nevillie. He can do the work needed at potions, just not when he has Snape breathing down his neck. Thats why i reckon Neville did quite well on his O.W.L potions exam.
Reply 5635
Yeah I suppose so, his would probably be better at school if he didn't have to find secret chambers, play quidditch, defeat dark lords and mourn for his dead relatives. He might become an auror but i'm not positive on that one.

Is the chamber of secrets gonna be opened again?
Reply 5636
I think that Harry might be good enough. Remember, McxGonnagal is always there for giving extra tution if Harry needs in say potions. Harry has a lot on his mind, and sometimes, he has so many thuings to do, that maybe he doesn't have enough time to do his homework on his own. What did the book say about his potions exam? How did harr think it went. Harry always goes into his potions lessos thinkng, oh snape will be at mythroat again today. I don't think that helps Harry do well in the lessons. I reckon that Harry might have done ok in the potions exam, but it's a matter of whether he got an E or an O, and whether Snape would accept him if he got an E.

Wow, this is my 700th post on this thread!
Reply 5637
Dude
goodie. has to be or else Dumbledore wouldn't trust him.

For Harry, i don't think we will be seeing him in Hagrids class (Care of Magical Creatures) or Herbology as they don't really help an Auror.

what about strangleing plants and stuff like that that evil people can use? Then there are all the types of animals that could be used. Those two classes could be pretty important.
Reply 5638
Xenon
I think that Harry might be good enough. Remember, McxGonnagal is always there for giving extra tution if Harry needs in say potions. Harry has a lot on his mind, and sometimes, he has so many thuings to do, that maybe he doesn't have enough time to do his homework on his own. What did the book say about his potions exam? How did harr think it went. Harry always goes into his potions lessos thinkng, oh snape will be at mythroat again today. I don't think that helps Harry do well in the lessons. I reckon that Harry might have done ok in the potions exam, but it's a matter of whether he got an E or an O, and whether Snape would accept him if he got an E.

Wow, this is my 700th post on this thread!

I think dumbledoor might force him to take Harry, just so that Harry is more prepared for the battle. Maybe potions can help?

Congrats!!!
Reply 5639
moncal
I think dumbledoor might force him to take Harry, just so that Harry is more prepared for the battle. Maybe potions can help?

Congrats!!!

I think McGonnagal might have an influence on Snape taking Harry in too. She'll do whatever she can to help Harry become an auror. I wonder how much presuure there will be on Harry to get good marks and stuff, cos everyone might be expecting him to become an auror.
Thanks. Next stop, 1000 posts on this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending