Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Yay, 600 posts, just thought I'd mention it because I've been determined to get to 600 hundred today and have been sat in the computer room for ages now. Really need to go home and do some work now, grrr.
    congratulations, then! i still have a lot of posting to do before I reach my 600. ack.

ReputationRep:
    Just another thought, do you reckon that all wizards have to stay on at school and do NEWTs? Or can they leave if they want to? What I'm trying to get at is, will Crabb and Goyle still be there. They're blatantly thick as two short planks, and most teachers seem to have a minimum requirement for their NEWT courses, so will they be able to carry on?
    i never really thought of that. Maybe Crabb and Goyle have at least 1 subject that they, if not excel in, are a bit good at. The only problem they're going to have is what job they're going to end up with. Is there something that's going to get graduates with only one NEWT?

Yeah, maybe they have vocational courses or something, or remedial classes. I can't imagine JKR writting them out completely, but as Fred and George have shown, you don't necessarily need NEWTs.
    Well, Fred and George were probably good enough not to take the NEWTs. and besides, they already had a small business going. But Crabbe and Goyle? Maybe they'd end up in the MOM... as janitors or something :P

ReputationRep:
    Sorry- I don't really care about post #s , but I find that if someone reads what you wrote, and you go back and edit it, they miss the additions- also its easier to seperate ideas in different posts rather than making long lists (I used to, but people would respond to part of it and the other part would get lost)

I think there are some subjects you need relatively low scores for- not anything important, but I'm guessing there has to be SOMETHING (Muggle Studies probably has a low entrance requirement)- or maybe there are regular courses and NEWT courses? Or maybe with all the different subjects, everyone is good at at least ONE thing- like Neville with Herbology-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Well, Fred and George were probably good enough not to take the NEWTs. and besides, they already had a small business going. But Crabbe and Goyle? Maybe they'd end up in the MOM... as janitors or something :P
    Maybe their dads will bribe or threaten the MOM into Crabbe and Goyle getting into the MOM.

ReputationRep:
    There ll end up in a shop in Knockturn Alley or somwhere like that.

ReputationRep:
    Do witches and wizards do work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moon monster)
    Do witches and wizards do work experience?
    I guess we might find that out i the next book.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure its more capability than work experience- if you can transfigure a robe out of thin air your first year out of school, I'm sure its better than someone who after 5 years, can only make one out of a piece of fabric-

ReputationRep:
    If they always mention things twice or more- how do you think the Protean charm will come up again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    If they always mention things twice or more- how do you think the Protean charm will come up again?
    What was the protean charm again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Enjoy the remainder of the series people. I'm off the forum for a while. Been a pleasure.
    u just want most missed member! just kidding

As to the chamber being open again: 1: no, no one to do it. and 2: nothing to slither around and kill people.

I wonder what is so bad about knockturn alley? Remember when hagrid finds harry there? He is all upset and such.

Posted by Xenon - 2 Hours Ago at 11:47 PM
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Brooklyn
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha yeah i remember hearing but not what it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    He probably will take potions because it makes the books more interesting u know him doing something he hates. Otherwise it would all be too good.

I was reading book 5 and I remembered the thing about aunt petunia being his protection, what would happen if voldemort killed her then he would be able to harm harry anywhere because he probably wouldn't have a home and so the whole thing about staying in the house where his mothers blood is to give him protection wouldn't count.
    There's always dudley. Although it's a stretch he is Lily's blood.
    Even if the death eaters kill all of the dursleys surely harry has some other relative no matter how distant that shares his mother's blood. It really would be quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    congratulations, then! i still have a lot of posting to do before I reach my 600. ack.
    I'm still going for 50. Most of which have been on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    i never really thought of that. Maybe Crabb and Goyle have at least 1 subject that they, if not excel in, are a bit good at. The only problem they're going to have is what job they're going to end up with. Is there something that's going to get graduates with only one NEWT?

Duh! Isn't it obvious that crabe and goyle will go into the service of lord voldemort? If he can't teach them than NEWTs won't do them any good because the last thing they see will be green light.

ReputationRep:
    If the dementors suck the soul out of someone , does that mean that they could kill voldemort?

How would you kill a dementor are they invincible are weak?

Can dementors talk? (I can't remeber if they have?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It was the charm Herminone put on the coins to tell the DA members the meeting times. It meant that Harry could change the time on his coin and all the others would change and grow hot to alert the other members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe their dads will bribe or threaten the MOM into Crabbe and Goyle getting into the MOM.
    Don't reckon this could happen, the ministry knows, and now believes, that their dads were death eaters, so I don't think they would have as much influence. I'm not sure Mr Crabbe and Mr Goyle were that influential anyway, it seem to be more Lucius Malfoy who had the right connections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I think there are some subjects you need relatively low scores for- not anything important, but I'm guessing there has to be SOMETHING (Muggle Studies probably has a low entrance requirement)- or maybe there are regular courses and NEWT courses? Or maybe with all the different subjects, everyone is good at at least ONE thing- like Neville with Herbology-
    Muggle Relations only wanted Muggle Studies OWL, but personally I can't imagine Crabbe adn Goyle Liasing with Muggles!

ReputationRep:
    No- but I'm sure other specialties require the same one track studies- like charms could be used for ALOT of careers- and I'm guessing working at the Leaky Cauldron doesn't require many NEWTS

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking the Protean Charm is going to be turned into some sort of DA thing- maybe they can cast it on people to make them all look like Harry and confuse Voldemort? Maybe that's where Tonks as a metamorphmagi will come in as well

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.