Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope that they will be back. Egan1 is posting less on here too, and she was here from pretty early on too. Let's hope that the thread does continue, as there are quite a few newbies who have come and posted on this thread.
    I wouldn't mind getting paid to stand and cheer in the quidditch world cup. They should hire me!
    The first reply infact, though it was, looking back, a lame response originally. Probably because there'd already been a couple of threads on it beforehand, then this one began to thrive.

Admittedly I have been posting a lot less, on the forum as a whole. I still spend a considerable amount of time on, but there is a lot 'more' to struggle through, and so many members etc that by the time I've got to it, any points I was going to make have already been stated by others.

Ah well, I try to contribute where I can *shrug*.

---

Anyway, I'm sure the thread will continue in the absence of those who have left.

---

Back to HP then...

Will Harry find out more about what Petunia 'knows' this holiday? I'm sure her knowledge doesn't start and end with the dementors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Will Harry find out more about what Petunia 'knows' this holiday? I'm sure her knowledge doesn't start and end with the dementors.
    I hope so. At least in this book or the next book. Maybe there's more to Petunia than meets the eye. It's funny, dementors are the guards of azakban. I'm thinking that this could contribute to a reason why she hates the wizarding world. Maybe she or Lily or even james had to spend some time in the wizarding world. Maybe Harry's grandparents were subjected to the dementor's kiss... Just an idea.

ReputationRep:
    Cool avatar PadFoot90! Not really Harry Potter related though....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I just got a Gryfindor lettermans jacket off ebay. It came today.
    wow!!!! I want that too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Bill Weasley...
    Though remember, they might not include all the scenes in the movie, so some people might not be included in the movie, who are in the book. I hope that Bill and Charlie are included, cos I would love to see who they cast for those roles (they sound pretty good looking). It's a pity that Oliver isn't in the 3rd movie. The quidditch team isn't the same without him,, especially when he should be in it. Does that mean that they're cutting out the quidditch tournament, or is it just going to be gryffindor team wthout Oliver?
    I really could not imagine the game in PoA without Oliver Wood. I mean, it's his last year! and i could remember him being so worried in the book about winning and all... Arrrghhh. and how could they not get him there?

i remember someone mentioning Crabbe and Goyle joining the dark side... it is obvious, though. But the question is, will Voldie take them? I mean, why would he get stupid death eaters? I'm sure there is some criteria before you get to be a death eater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope so. At least in this book or the next book. Maybe there's more to Petunia than meets the eye. It's funny, dementors are the guards of azakban. I'm thinking that this could contribute to a reason why she hates the wizarding world. Maybe she or Lily or even james had to spend some time in the wizarding world. Maybe Harry's grandparents were subjected to the dementor's kiss... Just an idea.
    it is rather interesting, y'know... why petunia hates the wizarding world so much. i mean, the kind of hate she has for Lily... just because she's a "freak"? I don't think Petunia's that shallow, even though she looks like it and she seems like a not so intelligent person. It is definitely possible that Harry's grandparents died in a non-muggle fashion, but not necessarily by the dementor's kiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i remember someone mentioning Crabbe and Goyle joining the dark side... it is obvious, though. But the question is, will Voldie take them? I mean, why would he get stupid death eaters? I'm sure there is some criteria before you get to be a death eater
    Well, it depends. Do they get their stupidness from their dads? If they're dads are as stupid as they are, and they got accepted by Voldie, then surely Voldie would accept their kids.
    Maybe Petunia blames Lily and James for her parents' death. And also blames the wizarding world for their deaths, if they died by the killing spell or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, it depends. Do they get their stupidness from their dads? If they're dads are as stupid as they are, and they got accepted by Voldie, then surely Voldie would accept their kids.
    Maybe Petunia blames Lily and James for her parents' death. And also blames the wizarding world for their deaths, if they died by the killing spell or something.
    Or maybe she just hates the abnormal and werid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Or maybe she just hates the abnormal and werid.
    I don't reckon it'll be as simple as that. There's not very often nice and simple explanations behind untold explanations. There are so many unanswered questions. Hurry up with book 5 J K Rowling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't reckon it'll be as simple as that. There's not very often nice and simple explanations behind untold explanations. There are so many unanswered questions. Hurry up with book 5 J K Rowling!
    don't u mean book 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    don't u mean book 6.
    Oh yeah, that's what I mean. I wish she would give us a little extract right now, just to give us a bit of a taster. How long do you reckon before J K Rowling releases her 1st clue, or insight into the book?

ReputationRep:
    soon i hope... yont tomarrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Cool avatar PadFoot90! Not really Harry Potter related though....!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, that's what I mean. I wish she would give us a little extract right now, just to give us a bit of a taster. How long do you reckon before J K Rowling releases her 1st clue, or insight into the book?
    i dunno, she didn't really give us any about book 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i dunno, she didn't really give us any about book 5

well there was that card which had about 500 words on it. And the clues she did tell us were that

a.) Harry gets to go places that we've heard of in the books, but never been to.

b.) Harry has his first kiss

c.) A main character dies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well there was that card which had about 500 words on it. And the clues she did tell us were that

a.) Harry gets to go places that we've heard of in the books, but never been to.

b.) Harry has his first kiss

c.) A main character dies.
    hermione and ron are so gonna get together in the next book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guestguest)
    hermione and ron are so gonna get together in the next book.

and your reason for that is............................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    K, we figured that the barman in the Hogshead was Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth. If you read the description of he, its sounds quite similar to Dumbledore, and Harry's also seen him in the photo of the original Order that Moody showed him. The other thing with pointed to it being Aberforth was the smell of goats in the pub! If you remember in book 4, Dumbledore mentions that Rita Skeeter reported that he was accused of practicing inappropriate charms on goats!
    Thanks (to Brooklyn as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    and your reason for that is............................
    the previous books are quite suggestive that he has a keen interest in hermiones's love life + they're prefects...the books are littered with hints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guestguest)
    the previous books are quite suggestive that he has a keen interest in hermiones's love life + they're prefects...the books are littered with hints.
    you can't really use prefects as an excuse. Remember that Harry was going to be one, but dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.