Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i also have just disscovered this site. i think that it's fantastic that u r disscussing a fantastic book. You might have already disscussed this, but has anyone metioned that harry could be decended from Godric Gryfinndor. As Voldemort was the last desendent of Salasar Slythen (i know thats spelt wrong, but i don't have the book with me), could it be possible that harry is the last desendent of salasars ememy, godric.
    I just found my first post as a guest here. On page 160.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    you can't really use prefects as an excuse. Remember that Harry was going to be one, but dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
    Prefects usually end up together and it's pretty obvious Ron has feelings for her it's obvious he's trying to put himself in denial. Why the hell does he get so tight everytime she talks about her love life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guestguest)
    Prefects usually end up together and it's pretty obvious Ron has feelings for her it's obvious he's trying to put himself in denial. Why the hell does he get so tight everytime she talks about her love life?
    Since when do prefects usually end up together. If that was the case it would be that my two best friends would end up together AND ONE OF THEM IS A LESBIAN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Since when do prefects usually end up together. If that was the case it would be that my two best friends would end up together AND ONE OF THEM IS A LESBIAN.
    listen dude that's my opinion and i meant only in the context of the HP books no need to generalise oks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guestguest)
    listen dude that's my opinion and i meant only in the context of the HP books no need to generalise oks?
    i agree it's your opinion, but i was saying that u need to base it on afew more facts. There is really only one prefect relationship in the books we know about and that is Percys (and we're not even sure if they are still together).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Hagrid didn't know about Peter when he said that- remember the age old HP rule- if Dumbledore, Hermione, or Mr. Weasley say something, or if anyone says anything with the word "wisely" by it, then you can assume its true- otherwise its up for grabs
    I think I've mentioned this before, but when Hagrid said that there wasn't a wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin, he thought Sirius was bad. Now I know that everythings always pointed to all the Marauders being in Gryffindor, so it might just be an oversight on JKR's part, but its something worth thinking about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well there was that card which had about 500 words on it. And the clues she did tell us were that

a.) Harry gets to go places that we've heard of in the books, but never been to.

b.) Harry has his first kiss

c.) A main character dies.
    And the title of book 5 was released years before the book was, so surely we must be due some information, unless she's gonna wait til after the third films been released.

I'd forgotten about Emma Thompson being Prof Trelawney until someone mentioned it last week, I think she's perfect, thats exacted how I imagined Trelawney to be! I hope all the parts in GoF are as well cast. I guess they'll be casting the adults soon if they're auditioning kids at the moment, will just have to keep tuning into Newsround, the source of all HP knowledge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    And the title of book 5 was released years before the book was, so surely we must be due some information, unless she's gonna wait til after the third films been released.

I'd forgotten about Emma Thompson being Prof Trelawney until someone mentioned it last week, I think she's perfect, thats exacted how I imagined Trelawney to be! I hope all the parts in GoF are as well cast. I guess they'll be casting the adults soon if they're auditioning kids at the moment, will just have to keep tuning into Newsround, the source of all HP knowledge!
    that is quite true. we all go to newsround for our Harry Potter news, rather than go to a Harry Potter site.

I reckon it will be a few months before she will release the title of the new book.

ReputationRep:
    Again I don't know if anyone mentioned this but what do you think of Dumbledore's scar that is a map of the London Underground in Philosopher's Stone (I don't what page cuz I haven't got the book but it's in chapter 1 when McGonnagal asks if Dumbledore can take it off) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    Again I don't know if anyone mentioned this but what do you think of Dumbledore's scar that is a map of the London Underground in Philosopher's Stone (I don't what page cuz I haven't got the book but it's in chapter 1 when McGonnagal asks if Dumbledore can take it off) ?
    well, it could be the key to the end of the book. J.K always puts something in for a reason so maybe the final battle will take place on the London Underground and only Dumbledore can find the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well, it could be the key to the end of the book. J.K always puts something in for a reason so maybe the final battle will take place on the London Underground and only Dumbledore can find the way.
    :eek: oooooooooo you mean no one mentioned it before?? Skill !!!
    (Im really modest, aren't I? )

ReputationRep:
    :eek: oooooooooo you mean no one mentioned it before?? Skill !!!
    (Im really modest, aren't I? )
    of course it has been metioned before. You've just brought back the topic. I think by now, there isn't a topic that we havn't covered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    of course it has been metioned before. You've just brought back the topic. I think by now, there isn't a topic that we havn't covered.
    Sorry ...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry ...
    no, i'm sorry. My post must have sounded abit harsh.

ReputationRep:
    We did wonder about it, but we sure didn't settle on any good explanation, so feel free to bring it back up- maybe the London Underground is some secret wizarding club or something- you'd kind of wonder why he found it useful- he can just apparate anywhere- maybe he was muggle born? (despite the very long name?)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we need to worry about the thread shutting down- as long as people continue to bring up things to discuss instead of waiting for someone else to

ReputationRep:
    Sorry- almost forgot- Petunia- I read this fan fic that talked about how she had been using house elves this whole time and hiding it- thats a theory- another one said she had had a memory charm put on her when she left the wizarding world- personally, I htink she knows ALOT more, and shes so against it now because shes jealous and feels left out- she seems honestly upset at the news Voldie is back- so she has some feelings---

ReputationRep:
    This weekend I had a really good harry potter point however I can't think of it at all now!

Can someone explain one point to me, cos i don't understand it.

In the third book when harry uses the time turner to save sirius, and he nearly gets kissed by the dementor, its him who does the patronus to save himself. But how did he do it the first time? He was lying on the ground and he thought it was his dad but it was him, but if it was him then he'd have been kissed and died. How could he be in two places at once when he didn't know aboput the time turner?

Its confused me how about u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    This weekend I had a really good harry potter point however I can't think of it at all now!

Can someone explain one point to me, cos i don't understand it.

In the third book when harry uses the time turner to save sirius, and he nearly gets kissed by the dementor, its him who does the patronus to save himself. But how did he do it the first time? He was lying on the ground and he thought it was his dad but it was him, but if it was him then he'd have been kissed and died. How could he be in two places at once when he didn't know aboput the time turner?

Its confused me how about u?
    Huh? Dumbledore said that in the timeturner you can be in 2 places at once that's why it's dangerous, cuz you accidently kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, but the first time it happened before harry knew about the time turner, he popped out from behind a bush and did a patronus and saved himself who was lying on the floor by a dementer! how?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.