Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Voldemort might not know that he is dead (well soulless) though. Voldemort knows he didn't die in Azkaban because Voldemort was the one who turned up at the Crouch family home with Wormtail and put Crouch Sr under the Imperius curse and asked Crouch Jr to go to Hogwarts and be the fake Moody, but its possible that he doesn't know of his death, and Snape could be impersonating Crouch, although I would've thought that Voldemort would've wondered where Crouch was. Hmmm...
    umm...that's what I said....

Message to Mr Dude:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!!! YOU WANTED TO CATCH ME OUT, DIDN'T YOU?!? YOU SNEAKY LITTLE (beep)!! You're so (beep)! (BEEP)!!!

Actually I congradulate you . Not many people can catch me out. The only thing that surprised me was it the person who missed out a MAJOR point in Book 5....
    You must have read Book 1 and Book 3 before you came up with this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    From the conversation in the third book at the 3 Broomsticks between the teachers, I got the impression that Hagrid never found Sirius. So hagrid should still have the bike unless he gave it to somebody who would have a use for it like Moody? But maybe Harry will get it for Christmas.
    Yeah. As part of Sirius' will (if he has one...).

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if Harry can have the motorcycle- isn't that against the law of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts? Arthur Weasley mentioned that you could only own it, you couldn't USE it if you enchanted a car, I'm assuming the same goes for motorcycles- I wonder if Sirius's bike is WHY Arthur wrote the law? hmm...

Blush- you ARE the first in 300 pages to mention the Madame Marsh connection- it is a good catch- maybe she is undercover- takes pretty good acting to throw up though... and btw I am not old! (sorry, a little touchy, my niece told me last month that everyone over 14 is OLD)

ReputationRep:
    almost forgot- someone asked me how many posts I've had here- I have no idea how to check! I'd imagine all but a few though- I've been on here since page 50 I think

ReputationRep:
    Is durmstrang in Bulgaria or is Krum just Bulgarian going to school somewhere else. It does say the schools in europe but not where or does it?

Do you think we will see the people from the other schools again, I loved the whole triwizard thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't know if Harry can have the motorcycle- isn't that against the law of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts? Arthur Weasley mentioned that you could only own it, you couldn't USE it if you enchanted a car, I'm assuming the same goes for motorcycles- I wonder if Sirius's bike is WHY Arthur wrote the law? hmm...

Blush- you ARE the first in 300 pages to mention the Madame Marsh connection- it is a good catch- maybe she is undercover- takes pretty good acting to throw up though... and btw I am not old! (sorry, a little touchy, my niece told me last month that everyone over 14 is OLD)
    Thanks and sorry about the "old" thing, it was a joke - probably noe American...could be English, can't remember, I am of international upbringing .

But he can't USE it but he can KEEP it....

ReputationRep:
    get a life all of u...

ReputationRep:
    no offense taken

I guess the motorcycle would be in the house, or maybe in the vault? Harry's never spent much time in his- do you think there is more in it than money?

ReputationRep:
    almost forgot- someone asked me how many posts I've had here- I have no idea how to check! I'd imagine all but a few though- I've been on here since page 50 I think
    Here's how to do it, Brooklyn:

(go to the books, movies etc page; move your mouse cursor over the envelope near this thread, and it will show you the number if posts on this thread)
    It would be pretty cool if Harry got the motorbike for christmas-something different. What other goodies lurk in Sirius' house? Maybe other info on Harry's parents. I'm assuming that Durmstrung is in Bulgaria. It sounds bulgarian I think, and it's supposed to be a foreign school/ What about a sort of international battle, with the order joining forces with people from Bulgaria and France. They unite to fight the evil, with maybe some durmstrng pupils with voldie, but one or 2 e.g Krum with the order.

ReputationRep:
    I have 336 posts in this thread

It just says Durmstrang is someplace cold- might not neccessarily be in Bulgaria, but nearby- after all, Hogwarts has lots of English students, but it's in Scotland- I do think he said they have a lake though- is there a big, famous lake over near that area someplace? might be important-

I'm sure the international cooperation will come in more- we've seen two big examples (quidditch world cup and tri wizard Tourn) but don't you ever wonder what the other countries think of all thats going on? I mean, they didn't have to deal with Voldie the first time, it must seem very distant to them- I wonder if they even care so much about Harry?

ReputationRep:

It just says Durmstrang is someplace cold- might not neccessarily be in Bulgaria, but nearby- after all, Hogwarts has lots of English students, but it's in Scotland- I do think he said they have a lake though- is there a big, famous lake over near that area someplace? might be important-

I'm sure the international cooperation will come in more- we've seen two big examples (quidditch world cup and tri wizard Tourn) but don't you ever wonder what the other countries think of all thats going on? I mean, they didn't have to deal with Voldie the first time, it must seem very distant to them- I wonder if they even care so much about Harry?
    Maybe an international committee or something, to discuss Voldie, maybe they'll vote to get rid of Fudge.Hmmm, it could be in Russia, that's a pretty cold country, and the fur coats and stuff reminds me of there.

ReputationRep:

First off how do you figure that Hogwarts is in Scotland?
    I assume that the international people did have to deal with Voldemort the first time because at the world cup in book 4 the minister of bulgaria figures out who harry is by Fudge "you know whoing" and the scar on Harry's forhead.

ReputationRep:
    Every book so far has had a main challenge for Harry beside his school work. What do ya'll think will be the main problem for Harry in book 6?

ReputationRep:
    Every book so far has had a main challenge for Harry beside his school work. What do ya'll think will be the main problem for Harry in book 6?
    mabey he will have to find a weapon or something that he will use in his challenge against voldy in book 7? i no thats a pretty standard idea... (mabey the green flame otrch as some people belive?) he might have to get to it befre voldmort...
    not very original but its all i can think of right now...

do u think wormtail will be more involved in the 6th one? becuse at the end of the third dubly said something about how wormtail was in his dept and something about one of the strongest bonds between wizards becuase his life was saved... JK never came back to that in book 4 or 5...
    i dunno im just rambling now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I love harry potter so much, i CANT WAIT for book 6 to come out! some of the theories on here have really made me think!! when i go home tonight im going to read the 5th book again for about the 7th time, sad maybe, but everytime i read it i learn something new!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    JK Rowling never throws a random name and leaves it that. Nothing is a coincidence. It's all planned out. Remember in Book 1 she only mentions Sirius Black briefly and then there's a whole book about him two years later!! I think Madam Marsh is important to the plot....
    Yes like Mrs Figg! she was just mentioned every so often in the first few books and then we find out that she has been keeping an eye on harry. i also think there is more to crookshanks than there seems.

what was the veil that sirius fell through? my idea is that because it was deep inside the department of mysteries it could be the door between life and death, so did sirius die because of bellatrixs spell and then disappeared into the dead world when he fell thru the veil or did he die BECAUSE he fell through the veil? hmmm.. i love it!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    First off how do you figure that Hogwarts is in Scotland?
    we figured that Hogwarts is in Scotland since the train spends all day travelling north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    Message to Mr Dude:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!!! YOU WANTED TO CATCH ME OUT, DIDN'T YOU?!? YOU SNEAKY LITTLE (beep)!! You're so (beep)! (BEEP)!!!

Actually I congradulate you . Not many people can catch me out. The only thing that surprised me was it the person who missed out a MAJOR point in Book 5....
    You must have read Book 1 and Book 3 before you came up with this .
    achully, i only just thought of it off the top of my head. When you said that Sirius was metioned but only breathly in book one, i remembered the flying motorbike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    Yes like Mrs Figg! she was just mentioned every so often in the first few books and then we find out that she has been keeping an eye on harry. i also think there is more to crookshanks than there seems.
    Crookshanks is part Kneasel, which is a sort of magical cat. It is why he is so smart.

ReputationRep:
    really? wow! oh no ive got to go to french in a minute and i just want to talk all day about harry!! has ne1 ne idea when the 6th book might come out?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.