Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i thought grawp died :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Grawp did not die!!! He's either lurking in the Forbbiden Forest like the Ford (car) or is hanging out with his big bro... Anyway, mabye Dumbledore did a peace treaty with the centaurs, or offered them something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I don't think he died, just think he was bombarded by a lot of arrows and bleed a bit, I reckon he just crawled back into the forest to recover a bit. Hope he'll be back though, when he saved Harry and Hermione was one of my favourite bits in the book, it was so cute that he remembered them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I don't think he died, just think he was bombarded by a lot of arrows and bleed a bit, I reckon he just crawled back into the forest to recover a bit. Hope he'll be back though, when he saved Harry and Hermione was one of my favourite bits in the book, it was so cute that he remembered them!
    yes that was nice, but my least favorite chapter in the book is the one named Grawp.....i don´t know why but it was a bit boring.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the whole grawp storyline, but I suppose she had to explain why the giants weren't going to help and who's side they were on.

ReputationRep:
    He has to come back. A giant can't just get defeated by a bombardment of arrows. He'll be back!

ReputationRep:
    "HERMY! HERMY! WHERE HAGGER?!"

ReputationRep:
    You know I think SOME of the things in book 5 when I first read it was REALLY random! Like Grawp, the centaurs, Sirius' deaththe Dursleys etc...they didn't have much depth in them. Whe I finished it for the first time I was like, "Did JKR WRITE this?!?"!!! But now I kinda like it...I still prefer Book 3 and 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    You know I think SOME of the things in book 5 when I first read it was REALLY random! Like Grawp, the centaurs, Sirius' deaththe Dursleys etc...they didn't have much depth in them. Whe I finished it for the first time I was like, "Did JKR WRITE this?!?"!!! But now I kinda like it...I still prefer Book 3 and 4.
    actually, i really really got disappointed after reading the 5th book. maybe i expected a lot due to the really long wait, and it turned out that it's not that great unlike books 3 and 4. Yeah, those are my favorites too.

i know there's a reason for putting Harry's whinings and shoutings and rantings, but it's what I hate most in the 5th book. and it was kinda dragging.

Umbridge and Fudge made it good you know... you just want to strangle them and all. grr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    I didn't like the whole grawp storyline, but I suppose she had to explain why the giants weren't going to help and who's side they were on.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Careful- as we've seen before, all those random things end up to be clues later on- they annoyed me too, but I was curious as to where they were leading- Rita Skeeter may have been a pain in book 4, thrown in for no reason but angst, but she was very important in book 5- these things have a way of coming back

I don't think Grawp died- he'll probably stumble back in like the Ford Anglia (I want that car!)-

I don't remember anything in book 3 about Hagrid giving back the bike- where did you read that?

ReputationRep:
    i think she'll let him die, it adds edge to the book, i mean when that guy died in #4, the other kid in the race for the cup, i was shocked, so shocked! i couldn't believe it! so i think rowling with give us another shocker with harry dieing, or she might do something where they both die at the hands of each other because their wands are connected and the use them on each other

ReputationRep:
    Just read through the last 7 odd pages.

I'm still not convinced by the heir theories but you never know. It's possible we'd have one, but I think it'd be a little OTT is we had one clear one standing out from each house. Thinking realistically, the wizarding community is relatively small, if the original founders all married and had children, and their children had children and so on, it's likely that a great number of people carry their ancestory, way back perhaps.

Umbridge- well, I already put forward the deatheater suggestion, so I wont go through my reasoning again, but I think it's very possible.

Madam Marsh, I'd noticed her without thinking in great detail. Have we heard of her from any other sources, except on the bus? Was she mentioned any time in book one or in the order list? There is still a few wizard's names who have been mentioned that we may well hear more about, though I suppose there's the possibility that it could just be a non-followed up one off mention *shrug*. But yes, I think we'll be seeing/hearing of her again.

As for Diana Wynne Jones, great author. Around long before JK. 'Tis a shame, she hasn't really released anything for a long time, but many of her books are fantastic. I grew up having them read to me, and I still reread them every so often...infact *picks up tattered copy and wonders off*. Most enjoyable.

Sure I had more to say, but I can't recall.

If there was still confusion, Hagrid should still have the motorbike somewhere.

It will be interesting to see what Harry 'gains' from Sirius' death. Any intruiging objects?

Anyway, I'll stop woffling for a while.

ReputationRep:
    By now Harry should have a nice clean house @ #12 Grimwald place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I never said JKR copied tolkein, but there are alot of similarities is all i am trying to say.

Did anyone else find Firenze kinda annoying?

I wonder what the centaurs did with umbridge...

How did dumbledore just walk in and take her back, and why would he want to?? lol

Also, do we ever find out what happened to ....(blanking out)... Hagrid's brother after the centaurs shoot him?
    Sorry. when i made that post i wasn't talking about you specially. I was just saying that i hate the people who hate Harry Potter, love LOTR and say that JR copyed Toilkings work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Careful- as we've seen before, all those random things end up to be clues later on- they annoyed me too, but I was curious as to where they were leading- Rita Skeeter may have been a pain in book 4, thrown in for no reason but angst, but she was very important in book 5- these things have a way of coming back
    i agree. Those little things always end up as important details.

Due you guys remember in a interveiw, she said that Rita Skeeter was going to orginally be in the first book. He was going to meet her in the Leaky Cauldren.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder who's going to stay at privet drive to look over him. I mean Dumbledore will surely not remain with the same person. Mrs Figg will remain, but who would be the witch or wizard to protect Harry at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder who's going to stay at privet drive to look over him. I mean Dumbledore will surely not remain with the same person. Mrs Figg will remain, but who would be the witch or wizard to protect Harry at home?
    I bet that dumbledore will convince petunia to let ron and hermione stay there.

ReputationRep:
    NO idea where the thread is up to these days, but I'll be sure to catch up at some point. I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    NO idea where the thread is up to these days, but I'll be sure to catch up at some point. I can't wait
    Hello, welcome back (if your staying)

Harry should get a lot of cool stuff from Sirius, he was one of the biggest trouble makers in the school history, he must have had some cool stuff.

Dumbledore has his work cut out trying to convince petunia to let ron and hermy stay, dudley and vernon would throw a fit

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.