Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Hello, welcome back (if your staying)

Harry should get a lot of cool stuff from Sirius, he was one of the biggest trouble makers in the school history, he must have had some cool stuff.

Dumbledore has his work cut out trying to convince petunia to let ron and hermy stay, dudley and vernon would throw a fit
    He only has to convince petunia because vernon will do whatever she tells him. If vernon doesn't give in maybe we will see some new and angry magic from dumbledore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    He only has to convince petunia because vernon will do whatever she tells him. If vernon doesn't give in maybe we will see some new and angry magic from dumbledore.
    I dunno about vernon doing what she says, i have a feeling he would move out if they came to stay... now that would be a shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    NO idea where the thread is up to these days, but I'll be sure to catch up at some point. I can't wait
    Hey Sire you're back (for how long?)
    I still reckon that the family might die or move to saftey or something. I mean something like the deatheaters attacking the house at the beginning. After all, even if Voldie can't attack the Harry at home, the deatheaters can, can't they?

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    i have a question for Brooklyn!!! (i tried to pm u but it wouldn't let me)
    u live in Brooklyn, NY right? well i was wondering if u might know the answer to my question:

well the tv show "Third Watch" is filmed in New York but i couldn't figure out where the set for the show's precinct is. would you happen to know where the 55th police precinct is?

i heard that it might be at King Boulevard and Arthur Street in Queens. im not sure though.

could you please help me? i wanted to visit it when i go the NY so that's why im asking you for your help.

thank you very much.
    ~Magic101

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone! i try to come on here sometimes to see how the thread is going. well i just wanted to stop in really quickly. sorry that i cant stay longer but i gtg to bed. ok well, c ya soon hopefully.

KEEP THE THREAD GOING STRONG!!! WHOO-HOO!!!

take care everyone!
    ~Magic101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I bet that dumbledore will convince petunia to let ron and hermione stay there.
    i doubt thought that dumbledore would ask hermie and ron to stay at harry's, at least the two alone. I mean, if it's to protect Harry, the three of them wouldn't do, even if Harry is the best in DADA, or Hermie is the best in charms. There should be adult supervision... Remus, perhaps? but of course, there's his werewolf situation... Moody would be too weird for the Dursleys to "accept" at home. Who could be possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Careful- as we've seen before, all those random things end up to be clues later on- they annoyed me too, but I was curious as to where they were leading- Rita Skeeter may have been a pain in book 4, thrown in for no reason but angst, but she was very important in book 5- these things have a way of coming back

I don't think Grawp died- he'll probably stumble back in like the Ford Anglia (I want that car!)-

I don't remember anything in book 3 about Hagrid giving back the bike- where did you read that?
    I don't think it actally says he gave the bike back. In the first book it says that he had to leave the gathering on Privet Drive to return the bike, then the meeting it mentioned again when the teachers are talking in the pub in book 3 and Harry finds out that Sirius was James' friend and betrayed him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i doubt thought that dumbledore would ask hermie and ron to stay at harry's, at least the two alone. I mean, if it's to protect Harry, the three of them wouldn't do, even if Harry is the best in DADA, or Hermie is the best in charms. There should be adult supervision... Remus, perhaps? but of course, there's his werewolf situation... Moody would be too weird for the Dursleys to "accept" at home. Who could be possible?
    Hmmm, I agree that Ron and Hermione wouldn't be much good on their own, perhaps Tonks could go, her dad was Muggle born, so she'd probably be more Muggle-like than most of the rest of them, and I'm sure she could turn her hair a more normal colour so as not to offend Petunia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder who's going to stay at privet drive to look over him. I mean Dumbledore will surely not remain with the same person. Mrs Figg will remain, but who would be the witch or wizard to protect Harry at home?
    Just had a thought, what if Dumbledore sent Dobby! He'd happily protect Harry, and we already know that House elves have their own powerful magic, which he'd be able to use if Dumbledore told him to, he'd also be able to report to the Order quicker that Mrs Figg could because he can apparate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder who's going to stay at privet drive to look over him. I mean Dumbledore will surely not remain with the same person. Mrs Figg will remain, but who would be the witch or wizard to protect Harry at home?
    Sorry if this has come up before or if this is completely impossible but I was thinking reading through this page what if Petunia has some magical powers. We dont know how wizards or witches get their magic if they have muggle parents and it cant be unheard of for brother and sisters of two muggles to both have wizarding powers. Petunia seems to know a great deal about the magical world, more than she should do anyway (the dementors). Is it possible that she perhaps went to Hogwarts and was expelled but could have powers to look after Harry>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Sorry if this has come up before or if this is completely impossible but I was thinking reading through this page what if Petunia has some magical powers. We dont know how wizards or witches get their magic if they have muggle parents and it cant be unheard of for brother and sisters of two muggles to both have wizarding powers. Petunia seems to know a great deal about the magical world, more than she should do anyway (the dementors). Is it possible that she perhaps went to Hogwarts and was expelled but could have powers to look after Harry>
    yeah we have been tossing around the theory that she went to hogwarts, but after lily got killed, she decided to "close the book" on her magical life. But i think she def. is hiding something, or at least she knows a lot more then she lets out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I reckon that the choices are Lupin, Tonks and maybe moody, though the dursleys would be scared stiff of him. Especially if Lupin is so of gonna take over the godfather role, he might feel the need to protect Harry.
    I'm still not sure about Petunia having some magical powers as there has been no indication of that whatsoever. Remember, even if she wasn't a witch going to hogwarts, she would still find out about the wizarding world through trips to diagon alley and the wizarding world, Lily, trips of Lily's friends to stay with her etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    hey,
    i have a question for Brooklyn!!! (i tried to pm u but it wouldn't let me)
    u live in Brooklyn, NY right? well i was wondering if u might know the answer to my question:

well the tv show "Third Watch" is filmed in New York but i couldn't figure out where the set for the show's precinct is. would you happen to know where the 55th police precinct is?

i heard that it might be at King Boulevard and Arthur Street in Queens. im not sure though.

could you please help me? i wanted to visit it when i go the NY so that's why im asking you for your help.

thank you very much.
    ~Magic101
    Yes I live in Brooklyn- but I have to tell you-

there's no such thing as the 55th precinct, I don't even think there is a "King Blvd" in Queens- there is a "Martin Luther King Blvd" in Manhattan, but no one calls it that- we call it 125th street- I'm not even sure if they actually film here or fake it like alot of shows

ReputationRep:
    wait- I don't get it- what's wrong with keeping Figg? She's just supposed to keep an eye out- Harry can defend himself- plus, Fudge admitted that the area has always been closely monitored- I'm sure now that the Ministry has wised up they'll be even more attentive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    we have tossed this theory for a while, but i'm not sure i believe it. Petunia says in the first book at how disscussed she was at the fact that her sister came home every summer, turning tea cups into rats. Now either she is what she says she is and just hates magic, or she is a sqibb.

ReputationRep:
    wait- I don't get it- what's wrong with keeping Figg? She's just supposed to keep an eye out- Harry can defend himself- plus, Fudge admitted that the area has always been closely monitored- I'm sure now that the Ministry has wised up they'll be even more attentive
    Well, it depends, doesn't it. I mean if Harry is still not allowed to do magic outside school, then he will need a protector. Also, say there are many deatheaters attacking his family, Harry won't be able to hold all of them back, and he might need a capable witch of wizard who will be there at that exact moment to help hold the deatheaters off.
    Do you reckon that Voldie will realise the full contents of the prophecy in the next 2 books?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I live in Brooklyn- but I have to tell you-

there's no such thing as the 55th precinct, I don't even think there is a "King Blvd" in Queens- there is a "Martin Luther King Blvd" in Manhattan, but no one calls it that- we call it 125th street- I'm not even sure if they actually film here or fake it like alot of shows
    ok thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, it depends, doesn't it. I mean if Harry is still not allowed to do magic outside school, then he will need a protector. Also, say there are many deatheaters attacking his family, Harry won't be able to hold all of them back, and he might need a capable witch of wizard who will be there at that exact moment to help hold the deatheaters off.
    Do you reckon that Voldie will realise the full contents of the prophecy in the next 2 books?
    Also depends on who is MOM right? Fudge wont let him get away with anything

ReputationRep:
    wonder what ever happened to kikas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    wonder what ever happened to kikas...
    Hmmm, she used to be a regular on here. Last activity was early january.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.