Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    there u go, now dont let me pull u further off topic!
    Ok...*hacking cough*

Harry Potter and the Ultimate Discussion (courtesy of Xenon publishers LTD) continued...

Once there was a lad named Harry Potter...who knows what lies ahead for that mischeivious fellow...*gripping cliffhanger*

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, Egan1...NEWTS class.
    Damn...foiled again by my own slowness!
    Surely now he's got the whole killing voldemort thing to do he's gonna need certain subjects- any that might help him, including potions-and what extra classes will he be recieving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Ok...*hacking cough*

Harry Potter and the Ultimate Discussion (courtesy of Xenon publishers LTD) continued...

Once there was a lad named Harry Potter...who knows what lies ahead for that mischeivious fellow...*gripping cliffhanger*

Any ideas?
    First chapter: Harry Potter crying his eyes out, and chucking his things at the walls. Feels depressed, even more so when Hermione tells him about her getting outstandings in all of her exams. Calms down when he gets the results, but it's too late, he's chucked out of the house, and even Petunia can do nothing about it. Lupin just about rescues him, but not before a dozen or so death eaters come to Harry Potter's house to look for him. they don't find him, so they kill the Dursley family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Damn...foiled again by my own slowness!
    Surely now he's got the whole killing voldemort thing to do he's gonna need certain subjects- any that might help him, including potions-and what extra classes will he be recieving?
    Advanced DADA with Lupin teaching him? *fingers crossed for the arrival of the best DADA teacher Hogwarts ever had*. Maybe Dumbledore will decide to teach Harry advanced duelling or something. And of course the infamous Occulumency classes.

ReputationRep:
    i know...i would love to see lupin back
    does anyone kno exactly what "remember my last petunia" means?

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i know...i would love to see lupin back
    does anyone kno exactly what "remember my last petunia" means?

CR
    Maybe the last thing (or request) that Dumbledore wrote to her was to make sure that under no circumstance was she to let Harry leave. Who knows maybe he even threatened her, or told her what might happen to Harry and maybe the Dursley family. That might make Petunia petrified enough to obey Dumbledore's orders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe the last thing (or request) that Dumbledore wrote to her was to make sure that under no circumstance was she to let Harry leave. Who knows maybe he even threatened her, or told her what might happen to Harry and maybe the Dursley family. That might make Petunia petrified enough to obey Dumbledore's orders.
    oh...becuz it sounded odd like there wasn't enough words or something

CR

ReputationRep:
    After thinking about book 1, i remembered that you can stop death. Listen to this "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper in death". So as we talked about a LONG time ago, there is a potion that can stop death, if not a spell. However i doubt this would work agaisnt Avada Kadavra, as you would have about .13 of a second to drink the whole thing. :P

P.S i like the new title :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    First chapter: Harry Potter crying his eyes out, and chucking his things at the walls. Feels depressed, even more so when Hermione tells him about her getting outstandings in all of her exams. Calms down when he gets the results, but it's too late, he's chucked out of the house, and even Petunia can do nothing about it. Lupin just about rescues him, but not before a dozen or so death eaters come to Harry Potter's house to look for him. they don't find him, so they kill the Dursley family.
    Haha i like the part about chucking things at walls. Sounds just like him after his "episode" in dumbledore's offcie/ others througth out the book.
    Anyway, the death eaters could only capture harry right? or maybe i (yet again) missunderstood the prophecy, which is highly likely. I would bet almost anything that she made the prophecy somewhat unclear as to not rule out the fact of a big surprise.
    Hmmmmmmmmm could lupin fight off 12 death eaters. Maybe he calls for help from the order. What a start. A huge death eater- order fight on privite drive. That would be great!

ReputationRep:
    really sorry to go off topic, but how long has this thread really been going on? I looked back at page one, and on january 7th people were talking about the big battle scean. How can that be.............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    really sorry to go off topic, but how long has this thread really been going on? I looked back at page one, and on january 7th people were talking about the big battle scean. How can that be.............
    Sorry SiriusFan, I think you got the date the wrong way round. The thread started on 1st July. I'm actually confused about that putting a stopper to death thing. Maybe it's a potion to make you immortal, or maybe it really can save someone's life.
    I wonder how Peeves died!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Sorry SiriusFan, I think you got the date the wrong way round. The thread started on 1st July. I'm actually confused about that putting a stopper to death thing. Maybe it's a potion to make you immortal, or maybe it really can save someone's life.
    I wonder how Peeves died!
    yes the date is now your date system MM/DD/YY...it used to be american

oh yes where was that quote from the first book..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes the date is now your date system MM/DD/YY...it used to be american

oh yes where was that quote from the first book..

CR
    I reckon that that quote was during Snape's 1st lesson with Slytherin and Gryffindor, when he's explaining te importance of Potions, and how only a select few can handle it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that that quote was during Snape's 1st lesson with Slytherin and Gryffindor, when he's explaining te importance of Potions, and how only a select few can handle it.
    oh...your probably correct...thats sounds right

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    How come Peter wasn't ever seen on the Maurauders map before Lupin saw him? surely Fred and Georger would have seen Peter on the map when they saw Ron?? Also Harry never sees him when he is using the map.
    sorry but i just thought of something...xenon was on the right track with the "only the maurauders can see each other...because if the map fell into the wrong hands(teacher, head of hogwarts..etc.)then they still could not see that the maurauders were animagi...or that all animagi cannot be seen on the map

CR

ReputationRep:
    i forget...does anyone remmember when lupin discovered peter...what was the scene...thanks

CR

ReputationRep:
    I think Lupin was in his office or something, looked at the Mauraders map which he got from Harry, and was very surprised when he saw a dot called Peter. Then he realised a few details and went to find the group, without taking his potion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think Lupin was in his office or something, looked at the Mauraders map which he got from Harry, and was very surprised when he saw a dot called Peter. Then he realised a few details and went to find the group, without taking his potion.
    Yep (finished listening to book three a couple of days ago)...he saw Peter and Sirius on it and rushed down...then after a few glances began to understand what had happened 13 years ago etc etc...

damn...I had a thingy to say but can't remember *grumbles*...hmmm...I'll have to come back to you on that one...

On a random note- do you think Magonigal ever had a husband/serious relationship we'll find out about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yep (finished listening to book three a couple of days ago)...he saw Peter and Sirius on it and rushed down...then after a few glances began to understand what had happened 13 years ago etc etc...

damn...I had a thingy to say but can't remember *grumbles*...hmmm...I'll have to come back to you on that one...

On a random note- do you think Magonigal ever had a husband/serious relationship we'll find out about?
    "Magonigal?" You mean McGonnagal right? Yeah, actually, do the teachers have a life besides Hogwarts? Does McGonnagal have a family? How did Peeves die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    "Magonigal?" You mean McGonnagal right? Yeah, actually, do the teachers have a life besides Hogwarts? Does McGonnagal have a family? How did Peeves die?
    Sorry for my sp...it's been a long day and well...*excuses excuses*...

I think it'd be interesting to find out a bit more about the teachers...odd that none of them appear to have any form of relationships- love/family

As for Peeves- may have said this but it'd be interesting if he turned out to have been a crazy teacher or something...In mean he's a man not a boy- so he's not a ex-student-ghost and why would he then be t hogwharts- but then why would Nearly Headless Nick etc etc- perhaps he was a caretaker- and he's reeking havoc in repayment? ...hmmm...? I hope it's something we find out more about

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.