Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well according to the books, Sirius was "classically handsome" while James was more of a boyish charm cute- I'd have to go with James- I just realized I seem to have a weakness for guys with big egos

ReputationRep:
    I realy like the Percy site- what do you think made Percy so ambitious? I'm guessing it has something to do with Bill and Charlie (Who seem to be close btw)- I wonder if he'll ever be explained as more than a prat (new word for me!)

Also- if anyone goes to a JK interview, be sure to yell out the question of if she's ever going to explain where the Potters and the Evans's have gotten too- whole lot seem to have dissapeared- since I come from a huge extended family- I find it hard to believe that NO one has survived and thats normal-

I also wonder what experiment Luna's mother was performing when she died? I would think it would be harder to kill a wizard that a simple spell misfiring

ReputationRep:
    Blimey! 300 hundred pages and going. *hands round brownies* -Actually did just make some, well, my sister made some- inferior to mine but still very nice :P

-Was bemused by the interview on UKL news. But (question 1) there was a couple of 5th-book-discussing threads before this one really took off

---

I was considering yestarday when listening to four, with Voldemort up and about, it surely wont be safe for Harry to go to the Weasley's. He's protected at Hogwarts and the Dursley's but presumably at risk anywhere else.

[need to go back and read the last few page of posts but ^]

ReputationRep:
    Aiiright page 300! WHOOOO!!!!

since i'm a guy i have no opinion on who is better looking, but it seems like everytime they talk about Sirius, they say he was handsome

Who do u think has the biggest ego in the books?

Draco?
    Volde?
    Fudge?
    Umbridge?

There must be others.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Blimey! 300 hundred pages and going. *hands round brownies* -Actually did just make some, well, my sister made some- inferior to mine but still very nice :P

-Was bemused by the interview on UKL news. But (question 1) there was a couple of 5th-book-discussing threads before this one really took off
    *Takes a couple of brownies*. Delicious! Thanks.
    I forgot about the other few threads, I guess I just decided that I'd make up my own seeing as there weren't that many ones which many people responded to. I thought it would be fun have a go at the interview (though once I start talking, I do go on for quite a bit-I just can't stop), but everyone who p[osts on this thread are brilliant as they are the ones keeeping it going. Do you remember the time when there were only about 4/5 of us on PadFoot, ditzy blonde and Egan1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)

since i'm a guy i have no opinion on who is better looking, but it seems like everytime they talk about Sirius, they say he was handsome

Hmm, toss-up between Draco and Fudge. Maybe Fudge cos he's too full of himself to admit that he is wrong, until finally at the end. Draco though is full of himself cos he thinks that all mud-bloods are above others. I can't make up my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)

Draco?
    Volde?
    Fudge?
    Umbridge?

There must be others.....
    Voldemort, think about it it is the basis for the whole story, if he didnt have such a big ego he wouldnt be "the dark lord" and feel himself superior to everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Voldemort, think about it it is the basis for the whole story, if he didnt have such a big ego he wouldnt be "the dark lord" and feel himself superior to everyone else?
    Oh yeah, I change my view:
    Voldie-big ego
    Draco and Fudge-slightly samller egos for different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks oliver wood is underrated, he's a star!!!

The weasley twins are my fav characters, class act!
    The ant and dec of the wizarding world!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think Oliver wood is underated! he's great!

If you were in ahouse which would it be?

I would be in gryfindor

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, new plan, how about we kidnap Alan Rickman and make him tell us everything he knows about whats going to happen to his character (Daniel Radcliffe says he's the only one who has a clue what might happen in the later books)

Sirius is definately better looking in my head I imagnined him kinda like Aragon in LOTR, and wasn't very convinced when I heard Gary Oldman had got the part, I'd only seen him in those Friends episodes as the soldier who spat at Joey, but I saw some pictures on the internet of him in another film a couple of months ago, and now I'm completely convinced, he was fine!

Was reading a book about Astronomy last night (I got a star for my birthday!) and it had loads of details about the constellations and the myths behind it, and I'm now even more impressed at the amount of effort JKR puts in when choosing her names. I learnt that Sirius is the dog star, and Bellatrix is the warrioress, or amazon star, located on the right shoulder of Orion. I just find it interesting learning about the origins of the names.

ReputationRep:
    I think that Sirius is definately better looking and that james was his cheeky friend. u know how some boys are good looking and then they have a friend whos nice looking in a cheeky way? sorta like that! if that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    I think that Sirius is definately better looking and that james was his cheeky friend. u know how some boys are good looking and then they have a friend whos nice looking in a cheeky way? sorta like that! if that makes sense!
    But the ultimate question, which do you prefer?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Do you remember the time when there were only about 4/5 of us on PadFoot and Egan1?
    And me, everyone always forgets about me!

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm going now, off to my lecture, just wanted to make it to 700, and now I'll leave the door open for the next person to take the thread to the dizzy heights of 6000 posts!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, man only two pages to read. Whats up with you.

Since i'm a guy, i can't realy say who's better lookin, but i think the person with the biggest Ego is Percy, as he thinks every highly of himself.

YES, 6000th Post.

ReputationRep:
    true, but he also worships others so I think either voldemort or draco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    true, but he also worships others so I think either voldemort or draco
    yer but you could say that for Draco as he listens to his Father and Snape.

ReputationRep:
    ok then- voldemort, because he must have a huge ego to suppose that people will always defer to him eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    But the ultimate question, which do you prefer?!
    Sirius! wolfish good looks! and a laugh that sounds like a bark!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.