Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the biggest ego is Lucius- he's a willing deatheater, not an intimidated one- plus he's got the ministry in his pocket- we'll see if a little time in Azkaban brings him down a notch

ReputationRep:
    damn- I really wanted the 6000th post but had to get off yesterday- I guess I'll hold out for 7000...

ReputationRep:
    just thought id tell people that i have a harry potter scarf! o yes, im in gryffindor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    damn- I really wanted the 6000th post but had to get off yesterday- I guess I'll hold out for 7000...
    i know what you mean. I nearly got 4000th, but my teacher chose that moment to give us an half an hour lekcher, so i miss out on that,

but i'm happy with post 6000. At the rate we are going, we'll be at 10,000 before u know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    Who thinks oliver wood is underrated, he's a star!!!

The weasley twins are my fav characters, class act!
    The ant and dec of the wizarding world!
    Oliver Wood is a great character. He shows dedication and passion about the sport he loves (though deterring himself from other people's health and safety sometimes).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    And me, everyone always forgets about me!
    Whoops, sorry, I did mention you as one of them, in the interview though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oliver Wood is a great character. He shows dedication and passion about the sport he loves (though deterring himself from other people's health and safety sometimes).
    Do u think we will hear more from him, last we heard he was the reverse keepre for Puddlemore United or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Do u think we will hear more from him, last we heard he was the reverse keepre for Puddlemore United or something like that.
    I'd love to hear more from him. It would be brill if he could join the order, but we haven't heard too much about his DADA abilities etc. What about a friendly match where Harry is invited to play with Oliver. Or maybe Oliver can be the new quidditch professor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'd love to hear more from him. It would be brill if he could join the order, but we haven't heard too much about his DADA abilities etc. What about a friendly match where Harry is invited to play with Oliver. Or maybe Oliver can be the new quidditch professor.
    and replace Madem Hooch, i dount it. I would like for JK to bring him back in though.

ReputationRep:
    i loooooved Sean Biggerstaff's accent

and i prefer Sirius' looks (at least what I have imagined) than James', but James' personality. I think Sirius' ego is bigger than James' though.

Fudge - big ego. same with voldie... thinking he's all high and mighty. pshaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    and replace Madem Hooch, i dount it. I would like for JK to bring him back in though.
    i say old quidditch captains should be allowed to coach their previous team!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i say old quidditch captains should be allowed to coach their previous team!
    I'm sure that the gryffindor team would love to have Wood back again waking them up real early and working hard. He's a brilliant motivator, and would make a brilliant coach. If Harry were to be captain, it would take the pressure off him too.

ReputationRep:
    no way- Wood could never be impartial- maybe there will be some sort of professional Quidditch tryout and Wood will come back- I got the feeling though that she mentioned him with Puddlemere United in order to get rid of him, push him to the background-

btw- are any of the Quidditch teams based on any professional sports teams in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm, they did say at the start of book 5 that one of the current aims of the Order was to convince people that Voldemort was back and start recruiting new members, I'd like to see Wood as one of them, I'm sure Tonk's probably knew him at school, she can't be that much older than him anyway, and he's such a lovely character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, they did say at the start of book 5 that one of the current aims of the Order was to convince people that Voldemort was back and start recruiting new members, I'd like to see Wood as one of them, I'm sure Tonk's probably knew him at school, she can't be that much older than him anyway, and he's such a lovely character.

of course...he's lurverly on screen as well!

hello fellow harry fans, still dilgently posting here i see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    of course...he's lurverly on screen as well!

hello fellow harry fans, still dilgently posting here i see!
    Yep Haven't seen you for a while Curry, where you been?

ReputationRep:
    mmm-- wood----

It would be nice to see his passion and thoroughness applied to the Order-

now that the ministry is on board, do you think they'll keep the order? kind of same question as keeping the DA isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    mmm-- wood----

It would be nice to see his passion and thoroughness applied to the Order-

now that the ministry is on board, do you think they'll keep the order? kind of same question as keeping the DA isn't it?
    Because the order was established last time voldey was about, im sure that it will stay up this time - and I think they might not have a DA, but instead have a really cool teacher for defence against the dark arts instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Because the order was established last time voldey was about, im sure that it will stay up this time - and I think they might not have a DA, but instead have a really cool teacher for defence against the dark arts instead.
    DA might exist as an open club at Hogwarts, for anyone who wants to join (and there should be many more). As long as there isnt another DA teacher like umbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    DA might exist as an open club at Hogwarts, for anyone who wants to join (and there should be many more). As long as there isnt another DA teacher like umbridge.

i agree.....unbridge was awful...and i cant wait to see who will be DAT next!

wherever i have been ditzyblond, it hasnt been on here!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.