Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i agree.....unbridge was awful...and i cant wait to see who will be DAT next!

wherever i have been ditzyblond, it hasnt been on here!
    How on earth did you manage to stay away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    How on earth did you manage to stay away?
    ithink it was more that the thread became repitive, so i left and ventured bravely out into the forum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    ithink it was more that the thread became repitive, so i left and ventured bravely out into the forum!
    You can change you sig back to Dean, he is not campainging, but is leaving his name on the ballots.... Better Edwards then Kerry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Do you remember the time when there were only about 4/5 of us on PadFoot, ditzy blonde and Egan1?
    Sadly yes... it seemed the thread might fall through, but then again i doubt that any of our members would have let that happen

If that sean guy played wood, i agree he had a pretty cool accent

ReputationRep:
    I think the DA and the Order should join up, then have a two tiered attack on volde, tho i doubt harry could convince anyone in the Order to let him and other students get in a large fight against volde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Sadly yes... it seemed the thread might fall through, but then again i doubt that any of our members would have let that happen

If that sean guy played wood, i agree he had a pretty cool accent
    I dunno if I managed to thank you guys for keeping it going while I was on holiday, especially during the times when the thread was closed and stuff. So thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think the DA and the Order should join up, then have a two tiered attack on volde, tho i doubt harry could convince anyone in the Order to let him and other students get in a large fight against volde
    i'm sure dumbledore wouldn't allow it either.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I kinda got the idea that the DA was more about defending themselves than actually seeking out Voldemort to fight him, even tho thats what ended up happening. I reckon the DA will stay about for that purpose rather than to launch an attack. x.

ReputationRep:
    the purpose of starting up the DA was to learn how to defend themselves, yeah i dont think they'll go looking to attack the death eaters (that would just be silly!). but maybe after the DA trying to fight the death eaters in the dept of mysteries they will all want to work extra hard at the DA meetings to get better and then try to fight them again, because they all got hurt last time and both harry and neville have v good reason to want to fight the death eaters if the situation arises.

i dont think this post makes much sense!!!! i am just a lunatic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    the purpose of starting up the DA was to learn how to defend themselves, yeah i dont think they'll go looking to attack the death eaters (that would just be silly!). but maybe after the DA trying to fight the death eaters in the dept of mysteries they will all want to work extra hard at the DA meetings to get better and then try to fight them again, because they all got hurt last time and both harry and neville have v good reason to want to fight the death eaters if the situation arises.

i dont think this post makes much sense!!!! i am just a lunatic!
    I get what your trying to say. I just think it'd be a shame to give up on it after all the work they put in to it. I'd love to know how the members of the DA did in their DADA OWLs in comparison with the ones who juist had Umbridge teaching them!

ReputationRep:
    o yes i forgot that theyll get their OWLS results in the next book, yay another thing to look forward to in it!! o i want it now now NOW!

ReputationRep:
    I agree- I htink the DA will stay alive, but as an open club- I think they should keep the room of requirement though- its good training just in how to find it- although now that I look back, I'm a little grossed out that Dumbledore uses chamber pots instead of a toilet.....

Now if Harry is club leader, who will be the teacher supervising? Maybe the new DADA teacher? Or do you think Snape? I bet he would be good- plus helpful in his work as a spy- I wonder if Malfoy will join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i'm sure dumbledore wouldn't allow it either.
    Harry by himself has a much greater chance of joining the order, and maybe Hermione and Ron. But people will still think think that they're too young, especially Mrs Weasley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I get what your trying to say. I just think it'd be a shame to give up on it after all the work they put in to it. I'd love to know how the members of the DA did in their DADA OWLs in comparison with the ones who juist had Umbridge teaching them!
    I reckon outstandings for all of them, with Harry getting the highest ever marks achieved by anyone in a DADA exam (his bonus point for the dementor).

ReputationRep:
    i dount that the DA will stay in the room of requirement as it seems to be a special room. If the DA stayed there, everyone would know about it and try to use it for their own needs.

ReputationRep:
    true- I guess DA would be ruined a bit if they walked in to practice and found two people making out (aka snogging which I still think is a funny word)

but it can't just be in a classroom- it has to be someplace...defensive? I wonder if Harry will start teaching dark creatures as well? They've pretty much stuck to curses and such- he should teach Protego as well- might come in handy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    true- I guess DA would be ruined a bit if they walked in to practice and found two people making out (aka snogging which I still think is a funny word)
    Not only that, but imagine if kids practising dark arts knew about that room. Imagine how bad that would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

but it can't just be in a classroom- it has to be someplace...defensive? I wonder if Harry will start teaching dark creatures as well? They've pretty much stuck to curses and such- he should teach Protego as well- might come in handy
    i don't think it needs to be a special room. i mean, if it's going to be open for everyone or if it's going to be an official club in Hogwarts, then it would just need a permanent room for meetings. they should just put DADA books in the room or other DADA equipment... which I'm sure dumbledore would be willing to provide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Not only that, but imagine if kids practising dark arts knew about that room. Imagine how bad that would be.
    That would be terrible :O imagine.. not just practicing the dark arts... death eater meetings, kids planning to joing Voldie. Aaaah!

Wow, Xenon. That's a LOT of gems do you have the most gems? I mean, more than Ollie or someother moderator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    That would be terrible :O imagine.. not just practicing the dark arts... death eater meetings, kids planning to joing Voldie. Aaaah!

Wow, Xenon. That's a LOT of gems do you have the most gems? I mean, more than Ollie or someother moderator?
    Elpaw has the most gems with 10.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.