Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Knowing Harry Potter books, Harry and Voldemort will end up being great friends, and Voldemort won't be evil anymore.
    what do u mean, Knowing the Harry Potter books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Knowing Harry Potter books, Harry and Voldemort will end up being great friends, and Voldemort won't be evil anymore.
    i very much doubt that that would ever happen! there is far FAR to much history between them. would you be friends with someone who was responsible for so many deaths and who killed your parents and continuously tried to kill you and your friends??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    i very much doubt that that would ever happen! there is far FAR to much history between them. would you be friends with someone who was responsible for so many deaths and who killed your parents and continuously tried to kill you and your friends??!!
    uh huh. Who would be friends with someone that caused so many deaths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I don't think that you know the harry potter books too well then. There is no chance of Harry and Voldie becoming friends again. Would you become friends with a mass murderer, who killed your parents and shows no remorse from it. Plus, that could never happen due to the prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    I agree, I really don't think it'd happen. I know theres the whole good conquers evil thing, but I really can't image the final scene being Harry and Voldemort being best buddies. We already know that JKR isn't scared to do nasty things, like killing Cedric and Sirius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    what do u mean, Knowing the Harry Potter books?
    They always have cliched happy endings with everyone cheering and clapping etc.

We already know that JKR isn't scared to do nasty things, like killing Cedric and Sirius.
    So Harry and Voldemort becoming friends isn't nasty?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I can't imagine people being happy and cheering if they were friends. Think about it in real terms, if Hitler or Saddam had suddenly turned round and started being nice would people forgive them? I don't think so, you wouldn't trust them for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I can't imagine people being happy and cheering if they were friends. Think about it in real terms, if Hitler or Saddam had suddenly turned round and started being nice would people forgive them? I don't think so, you wouldn't trust them for a start.
    They (hitler or saddam) are real people though, they're magical in Harry Potter (duh!) so there's probably some sort of way Voldemort can undo all the stuff he's done, or something like that.

OK, that wasn't a convicing argument. I'm just not a fan of the Harry Potter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Always?
    Sure, J K Rowling ended the 1st few books with Harry defeating Voldie and escaping his clutches. Good reason to celebrate! The next 2 books have been darker, and more awful things have happened, testing Harry's courage and emotions. People have died, and at the end of these books, Harry isn't too happy. Not celebrating much really, especially in the last book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    They (hitler or saddam) are real people though, they're magical in Harry Potter (duh!) so there's probably some sort of way Voldemort can undo all the stuff he's done, or something like that.

OK, that wasn't a convicing argument. I'm just not a fan of the Harry Potter!
    It was just an analogy, obviously its not the same, I was just trying to make a relevant comparison

ReputationRep:
    how the hell can you talk about Harry potter *spit* for so long???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Quite easily, points are made, then they are discussed, new people join the board and bring in new opinions, hence the discussion has continued for so long.

The more pressing question here is why the hell do people with no interest in Harry Potter and who dislike the books keep coming on here to slate us.

ReputationRep:
    The more pressing question here is why the hell do people with no interest in Harry Potter and who dislike the books keep coming on here
    They're trying to find out why the hell people like it so much

ReputationRep:
    Quite easily, points are made, then they are discussed, new people join the board and bring in new opinions, hence the discussion has continued for so long.

The more pressing question here is why the hell do people with no interest in Harry Potter and who dislike the books keep coming on here
    i agree. its pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Maybe if you read the book (if you haven't already read it), you might find out. We cannot tell you anything unless you have at least read one book of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe if you read the book (if you haven't already read it), you might find out. We cannot tell you anything unless you have at least read one book of it.
    I say we take a new stance (sp?!) with these haters and encourage everyone to ignore them, if they don't get a reaction they'll go away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    have u read the books.

The last two ended with someone DIEING.

ReputationRep:
    I say we take a new stance (sp?!) with these haters and encourage everyone to ignore them, if they don't get a reaction they'll go away!
    most people do ironge them. When people come on here saying "Why are you discussing a rubbish book" all the fans come back saying why, and then they don't come back.

ReputationRep:
    I did intend to ignore them, but then when others answer, I decide to join in. But yeah, ignoring people usually works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    How to make harry potter funny.
    Download a full text version.
    Find/replace wand to wang
    read
    thats not funny. Thats sick.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.