Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    But how can that be because Voldie marked Harry as his equal and not Neville, and it clearly says in the phrophecy that "either must die at the hand of the other" and so, Neville cannot kill Voldie coz Voldie did not mark Neville as his equal, only Harry. But I do agree that there will be a twist and that maybe Neville will be involved. Unless Harry's scar is not what marks him as Voldie's equal and Neville has yet to be marked by Voldie, but that theory seems a bit thin.
    And isn't what Dumbledore was trying to hint was that Harry's power is love, because Voldie does not understand love? Yet, I was unconvinced by this when I read it because everyone I've spoken to seems to interpret it differently. But it was love that saved Harry the first time, wasn't it? Or so Dumbledore believes...maybe you're right, that even Dumbledore doesn't really know...
    I think I need to read all of the fifth book again to search deeper into all the clues Harry, Ron and Hermione are given early on. Need a few days off to do that...like that's gonna happen before the summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohm Pot Cleaner)
    But how can that be because Voldie marked Harry as his equal and not Neville, and it clearly says in the phrophecy that "either must die at the hand of the other" and so, Neville cannot kill Voldie coz Voldie did not mark Neville as his equal, only Harry. But I do agree that there will be a twist and that maybe Neville will be involved. Unless Harry's scar is not what marks him as Voldie's equal and Neville has yet to be marked by Voldie, but that theory seems a bit thin.
    And isn't what Dumbledore was trying to hint was that Harry's power is love, because Voldie does not understand love? Yet, I was unconvinced by this when I read it because everyone I've spoken to seems to interpret it differently. But it was love that saved Harry the first time, wasn't it? Or so Dumbledore believes...maybe you're right, that even Dumbledore doesn't really know...
    I think I need to read all of the fifth book again to search deeper into all the clues Harry, Ron and Hermione are given early on. Need a few days off to do that...like that's gonna happen before the summer!
    altho i dun really like the whole neville being the real hero threory... u could say that neville was marked as an equal when voldies supporters tortured his parents to madness.... though it is stretching it a little

ReputationRep:
    those harry hating threads are really annoying on the main media page....just full of ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    those harry hating threads are really annoying on the main media page....just full of ignorance.
    I don't really care too much about them. To be honest, those threads keep the harry potter hating threads keep those HP haters off this thread, so all is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You forgot the idea that Harry and Voldie both die (though hope that that doesn't happen). Btw, well done on your 300 PadFoot.
    actually that was the one on the top of the list, but thats ok

Btw, well done on your 300 PadFoot.[/QUOTE]
    thanx, over 280 have been on this thread i think. thats kinda sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't really care too much about them. To be honest, those threads keep the harry potter hating threads keep those HP haters off this thread, so all is good.
    yeah thats a fair point!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    yeah thats a fair point!!
    well the tread gets bigger with all the hater post and this reply i am makeing

ReputationRep:
    OK, I haven't here a long time so I have yet to read pages 299 onwards....
    Anyway, od remember the Weasleys' distant cousin who's a muggle accountant? Well red hair is not that common abd Sirius said that all purebloods are connected somehow so what if he was a distant relative to Lily and possibly a father or an uncle to Mark Evans but they are so distant in blood that Dumbledoe thought it not important to mention it to Harry, or will later. He will play an important part, nothing is random in the works of JKR ....
    What if Dumbledore and Tommy Boy are related?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    Anyway, od remember the Weasleys' distant cousin who's a muggle accountant? Well red hair is not that common abd Sirius said that all purebloods are connected somehow so what if he was a distant relative to Lily and possibly a father or an uncle to Mark Evans but they are so distant in blood that Dumbledoe thought it not important to mention it to Harry, or will later. He will play an important part, nothing is random in the works of JKR ....
    How would a muggle accountant be of so much help to Harry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    who is Tommy boy?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that the only two people's family we haven't heard about are snape's and dumbledores. There is a mention of Dumbledores brother in the order of phoenix but i suspect that maybe there is some connection between Snape and Dumbledore and that maybe something to consider - expecially as to why Dumbledore trusts Snape.

There is also the fact that Pettigrew has had a bond with Harry when Harry refused to let him be killed as said at the end of the book 3 by Dumbledore, I suspect that this may come into the plot. Harry also said that there was some triumph in Dumbledore's eyes when Harry told him about Volde using Harry's blood to resurrect himself but Harry thought he had imagined it. There might be something still hidden from Harry by Dumbledore.

RI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    I reckon that the only two people's family we haven't heard about are snape's and dumbledores. There is a mention of Dumbledores brother in the order of phoenix but i suspect that maybe there is some connection between Snape and Dumbledore and that maybe something to consider - expecially as to why Dumbledore trusts Snape.

There is also the fact that Pettigrew has had a bond with Harry when Harry refused to let him be killed as said at the end of the book 3 by Dumbledore, I suspect that this may come into the plot. Harry also said that there was some triumph in Dumbledore's eyes when Harry told him about Volde using Harry's blood to resurrect himself but Harry thought he had imagined it. There might be something still hidden from Harry by Dumbledore.

RI
    Dumbledore trusts Snape because Snape turned over to the good side and acted as a spy BEFORE Voldie lost power. The question is why did Snape turn over to the good side? I always had a sneaking suspicion that Snape was in love with Lily Potter (and hated James for it) so when Voldie started trying to find and kill the Potters, Snape turned over to the good side to try and protect them. Okay, it's a long shot but that's what I thought before book 5 came out. Now, Snape's flashback in book 5 can be interpreted in two ways, either he truly hates Lily because she is Muggle-born, or that he does actually like her despite this because she is nice to him but he's still prejudice.

As to Pettigrew and Harry's relationship...I think that Wormtail will have to save Harry's life in probably the next book (beacuse the final book has to be the showdown between Harry and Voldie). Wormtail will most likely be killed for this by Voldie. And perhaps we already know what's happened because Voldie used Harry's blood...now they are connected through minds. As Voldie can use legilimency on Harry, Harry can use it on Voldemort (but he hasn't learnt to yet)...maybe Dumbledore looks triumphant because he thinks it's the key to defeating Voldie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohm Pot Cleaner)
    Dumbledore trusts Snape because Snape turned over to the good side and acted as a spy BEFORE Voldie lost power. The question is why did Snape turn over to the good side? I always had a sneaking suspicion that Snape was in love with Lily Potter (and hated James for it) so when Voldie started trying to find and kill the Potters, Snape turned over to the good side to try and protect them. Okay, it's a long shot but that's what I thought before book 5 came out. Now, Snape's flashback in book 5 can be interpreted in two ways, either he truly hates Lily because she is Muggle-born, or that he does actually like her despite this because she is nice to him but he's still prejudice.

As to Pettigrew and Harry's relationship...I think that Wormtail will have to save Harry's life in probably the next book (beacuse the final book has to be the showdown between Harry and Voldie). Wormtail will most likely be killed for this by Voldie. And perhaps we already know what's happened because Voldie used Harry's blood...now they are connected through minds. As Voldie can use legilimency on Harry, Harry can use it on Voldemort (but he hasn't learnt to yet)...maybe Dumbledore looks triumphant because he thinks it's the key to defeating Voldie?

Yes, but Harry has often asked why Dumbledore trusts Snape, and Dumbledore has always said that this is a matter between himself and Dnape

ReputationRep:
    why does this post have less views then replies? Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    why does this post have less views then replies? Am I missing something?
    Yes. A few weeks or something ago, the number of views somehow got deleted or something, and the number started again. Really, there were a great number of views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    who is Tommy boy?
    i'm assuming volde

ReputationRep:
    hahaha i just figured out what the star next to one of the options on the poll means, its the one you vote for hahaha i am so proud of myself

ReputationRep:
    hey i have a favor to ask. I was reading this thread about whats changed in UKL started by lou p lou i think, but then i had to go do sumthing, and now i cant find it to finish reading, so if anyone stumbles across it, could you give me the link?

ReputationRep:
    I think that the lily and snape, and Volde and Dumbledore speculations are a little far fetched.

ReputationRep:
    Boo yah baby!!! I haven't been in here in what seems like a lifetime!!! WOW! So what's the hub bub? I'm sure as heck not going to read through the posts from the last five months. Any word on the next books? Anything concrete? Lemme know.

-PTG

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.