Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Sorry for my sp...it's been a long day and well...*excuses excuses*...

I think it'd be interesting to find out a bit more about the teachers...odd that none of them appear to have any form of relationships- love/family

As for Peeves- may have said this but it'd be interesting if he turned out to have been a crazy teacher or something...In mean he's a man not a boy- so he's not a ex-student-ghost and why would he then be t hogwharts- but then why would Nearly Headless Nick etc etc- perhaps he was a caretaker- and he's reeking havoc in repayment? ...hmmm...? I hope it's something we find out more about
    Don't forget that peeves is a prankster!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Don't forget that peeves is a prankster!
    I know...that's why I suggested caretaker- as he could have been driven crazy by pranksters and he hates filch because erm...yeah...well maybe not then *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever wonder why peeves is afraid of the bloody baron? Sorry about the date thing, and yes that is where snape's speach is. I think the D.A will play an even bigger role in the next books. What does everyone think about a possible larger role for the advance guard? I think moody is like the girl who cried wolf. He is so scared that people are trying to kill him, but no one listens. I think the order will be attacked at some odd place were only moody would think of a possibility of being attacked. What do u guys think. At the end will it be order, D.A ministry Vs. Death eaters, Dementors and some other fowl creatures, or just harry/voldemort. I have an odd feeling that i can't describe about the ministry, like maybe they kinda take a backseat in the fight and don't really help.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No offense at all xenon, but does anyone else have the feeling that membership is ... shall we dwindling? (there appear to be four of us left)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Anyone ever wonder why peeves is afraid of the bloody baron? Sorry about the date thing, and yes that is where snape's speach is. I think the D.A will play an even bigger role in the next books. What does everyone think about a possible larger role for the advance guard? I think moody is like the girl who cried wolf. He is so scared that people are trying to kill him, but no one listens. I think the order will be attacked at some odd place were only moody would think of a possibility of being attacked. What do u guys think. At the end will it be order, D.A ministry Vs. Death eaters, Dementors and some other fowl creatures, or just harry/voldemort. I have an odd feeling that i can't describe about the ministry, like maybe they kinda take a backseat in the fight and don't really help.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No offense at all xenon, but does anyone else have the feeling that membership is ... shall we dwindling? (there appear to be four of us left)
    i think it is because ppl are scared off by the length, would u like me to lock it and start a new one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    i think it is because ppl are scared off by the length, would u like me to lock it and start a new one?
    I would vote to leave it, but it's xenon's decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Na...it's a considerable length to be sure but I don't see why people can't just join in at random points- besides, whenever people create sequel threads and close the originals, it never really works that well me thinks...well...as the person said- tis up to Xenon....

Just thinking- I like Tonks- but isn't it a bit suspicious- she could be anyone! And even if she is a goodie- there's the possibility there are others like her with the same ability that could be spying etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm not quite sure yet, but I am not really sure that by closing this thread, it will increase the numbers sharply. As yet I am thinking leave it as it is, at least for a few days or a week or something. Anyone got any other ideas as to how to attract people back to this thread? Then again, the lack of people could be due to the results coming out. Where are the previous posters from before. Thanks to Egan1, Siriusfan, Cr3, an unregistered person and Ollie for keeping this thread alive.
    I never though about Tonks being bad, but I guess I was a little biased cos she was one of my favourite side characters in the book. She could turn out to be a real asset, but then again she could turn out to be a brilliant enemy. Still think (and hope) that she's good. Hasn't seemed too suspicious to me.

Long live this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Thanks to Egan1, Siriusfan, Cr3, an unregistered person and Ollie for keeping this thread alive.
    Am enjoying it!

(Original post by Xenon)
    I never though about Tonks being bad, but I guess I was a little biased cos she was one of my favourite side characters in the book. She could turn out to be a real asset, but then again she could turn out to be a brilliant enemy. Still think (and hope) that she's good. Hasn't seemed too suspicious to me.
    Hmmm...it's not that she herself is suspicious, I also like her character and hope she will be a goodie- however her power to manipulate image, is surely a very erm *whats the word?* '-something-or-other-' gift to have...hmmm...*stroaks goatie*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Hmmm...it's not that she herself is suspicious, I also like her character and hope she will be a goodie- however her power to manipulate image, is surely a very erm *whats the word?* '-something-or-other-' gift to have...hmmm...*stroaks goatie*
    True, true. I mean imagine what Voldemort could do with that power. Though if Harry could learn that piece of magic, he could pose as a death eater or maybe not (if he can be detected in disguise by Voldie). To tell you the truth, the only traitor in the story was Wormtail, so maybe J K Rowling will introduce another. But Tonks doesn't seem like a character to be bossed around or to be persuaded to join Voldie for power. And surely at least Sirius would have been suspicious, which he wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    if Harry could learn that piece of magic, he could pose as a death eater
    I thought it was something she was born with- rather than a spell that could be imitated by anyone?

As for the Tonks thing...I was thinking more that she was not entirely original- there could be other people like her...?! And perhaps she's be a good person for someone else to transform to because it wouldn't have to be that exact...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I thought it was something she was born with- rather than a spell that could be imitated by anyone?
    When Harry asked if he would be able to learn how to change appearance or something, I think Tonks said yes, but it would be harder. Might be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    When Harry asked if he would be able to learn how to change appearance or something, I think Tonks said yes, but it would be harder. Might be wrong though.
    i don't know...tonks seemed inocent in the story..a little too inocent she was laid back yet harry asked her some questions that might be clues...as to the one stated by xenon...i say she's a spy...but only for interest's sake

as for the thread..leave it in my opinion..its all up to u xenon

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i don't know...tonks seemed inocent in the story..a little too inocent she was laid back yet harry asked her some questions that might be clues...as to the one stated by xenon...i say she's a spy...but only for interest's sake

as for the thread..leave it in my opinion..its all up to u xenon

CR
    Well CR3, I reckon I'll leave the thread as it is for now at least. Now I wouldn't want to shut down the longest thread EVER just yet would I? Hopefully others will come back to post on this thread again. We'll just have o wait and see, and no changes for now, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well CR3, I reckon I'll leave the thread as it is for now at least. Now I wouldn't want to shut down the longest thread EVER just yet would I? Hopefully others will come back to post on this thread again. We'll just have o wait and see, and no changes for now, I think.
    great...i'm so happy

CR

ReputationRep:
    Ive been gone for 2 weeks and am not planning on going all the back to page 17 to read forward, sooooooooo

if you guys know of anything I really need to read let me know.

I dont think tonks is a spy, shes too good and positive, etc.

The more Ive been thinking though Im am worried that Harry might die, (harry and voldemort at the same time) because of what someone earlier said about Harry being happier because he would be with family and so forth. ????

Hope not though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    Ive been gone for 2 weeks and am not planning on going all the back to page 17 to read forward, sooooooooo

if you guys know of anything I really need to read let me know.

I dont think tonks is a spy, shes too good and positive, etc.

The more Ive been thinking though Im am worried that Harry might die, (harry and voldemort at the same time) because of what someone earlier said about Harry being happier because he would be with family and so forth. ????

Hope not though!!!
    yea...sry i sent that pm before reading this post...great one more person back on the thread...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    HEY!

THIS IS MY GUESS OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN, I HAVE A FEW THEORIES, YOU CAN REPLY ON THEM IF YOU WANT...

1) Harry will fight Voldemort and kill him, but before Voldemort dies, he will, during their duel, do something to harry that will make him die soon, like a slow-uncurable-poison, and so Voldemort will die first, harry will die after that but know that he has completed his vengence for his parents.

2) same thing but Dumbledore will perform a sacred ritual or something that will save harry

3) There will be an 8th book

4) Harry will kill voldemort and live happy ever after with Ginny/Hermione and ron with Hermione/someone else.

Reply......
    Peace out.........
    AIM = Tyler91787
    I like number 4 the best, 3 would be cool but I think it wont happen, and 1 / 2 could happen except for I think Dumbledore is going to bite the dust somewhere in here, hope not though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I like number 4 the best, 3 would be cool but I think it wont happen, and 1 / 2 could happen except for I think Dumbledore is going to bite the dust somewhere in here, hope not though
    Yeah, we've got another person. Welcome back Lavender to the graetest thread!

ReputationRep:
    Ive read alot lately of maybe Snape being a spy and that is why he is with the order, I dont really think so though. I think he is probably pompous enough that he like double crossing voldemort, I think in the end he will end up dying because voldemort will eventually find out he's working for dumbledore.

ReputationRep:
    Going all the way back to kracher or whoever was talking about him ages ago, they said something about him needing to be beheaded by the order of the phoenix house, that they shouldnt leave him there, but in the book it said that he had already left the house and went to the Malfoys beause Mrs. Malfoy was the next relative of Sirius and Sirius had yelled at him to get out. Kracher actually did take that as a dismissal and went to the Malfoys for his new home, so he was just sneaking around and spying for them when he came back.

Sooooooooo............. I dont think he'll be in the order's house in the 6th book because he is not their servant anymore.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.