Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    We don't know that he was talking about Snape there- Snape is a spy- my guess is that when the call came, he WENT- I think he was in the ring of deatheaters- they didn't name them ALL- I think someone else is missing.....

Friendly point to people who are joining on- if you really love HP books, you don't mind reading length- Go back and read all of the thread- I've done it a couple of times to refresh myself- you'll suddenly see something you forgot was briefly mentioned and have a whole new perspective- it may seem like alot to go through, but think of how long Book 6 is going to be.....
    Don't forget that she orgianally have book 5 that long. It just grew and grew. I dount that the next one will be longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    I did like the fifth book but not as much as I thought I would, book fours still the best one for me!
    I still love book 3, though book 4 is really good too. I thought that book 5 might've been better. And that there might have been more stuff in the explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I still love book 3, though book 4 is really good too. I thought that book 5 might've been better. And that there might have been more stuff in the explanation.
    yeah, the first time i read book 5 i thought it was kinda dissapointing, but the second time it got a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah, the first time i read book 5 i thought it was kinda dissapointing, but the second time it got a lot better.
    yes i agree...i was kind of mad when i read book 5..i expected much more..how do i say this..um..information but not exactly "information"..something along those lines..anyway..my favorite book is still by far book 3...I LOVE when harry "sees" himself on the other side of the lake and thinks its his dad...

CR

ReputationRep:
    speaking of harry seeing himself on the other side...anyone here think that that was James or do you still believe it was harry just seeing himself back in time...haven't read it in a while..but how would harry be on the other side of the lake anyway... i might be forgetting something though...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    speaking of harry seeing himself on the other side...anyone here think that that was James or do you still believe it was harry just seeing himself back in time...haven't read it in a while..but how would harry be on the other side of the lake anyway... i might be forgetting something though...

CR
    Well, the 1st time, they were coming out of the shack, and the 2nd time from Hagrid's hut right? So maybe those 2 places are on oppsosite sides. We won't see James or Lily in true form, cos they aren't ghosts, so there's little chance of the figure being James. The first time I read book 3, I found it a buit difficult to imagine the 2 events taking place at the same time, and both havbing a significant effect on each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, the 1st time, they were coming out of the shack, and the 2nd time from Hagrid's hut right? So maybe those 2 places are on oppsosite sides. We won't see James or Lily in true form, cos they aren't ghosts, so there's little chance of the figure being James. The first time I read book 3, I found it a buit difficult to imagine the 2 events taking place at the same time, and both havbing a significant effect on each other.
    oh yes thats right...the shack..but we still don't kno if it was a t opposite ends...well thats all we can believe right now..but man i think i ahev to go read that section..i just love it,...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    i still think crookshanks is james lol

ReputationRep:
    Was snape on the tapistry?
    If Harry hadn't seen him then someone would have pointed it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    what i was saying is that Voldemort knows that Snape has left him, he said so in book 4.

"6 are missing from our troup. Three dead in my service, one to cowardly to return, one i believe has left me forever and of course, my most loyal servent.
    I have always thought that crouch was the "most loyal servant" but for some reason now I think the whole series would make more sence if snape was the most loyal servant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I have always thought that crouch was the "most loyal servant" but for some reason now I think the whole series would make more sence if snape was the most loyal servant.
    What about that woman who killed Nelieves parents (i don't have the book with me and i can't be bothered trying to spell her name). She said she was the most loyal servant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i loved that idea because i love time travel related stories (e.g. Back to the Future is one of my favorite films). So i found it quite easy to imagine both events taking place at the same time, because that happens alot in Back to the Future.

ReputationRep:
    Just a small note guys. Some time next week, i'll be asking you to help me with ideas on an assignment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What about that woman who killed Nelieves parents (i don't have the book with me and i can't be bothered trying to spell her name). She said she was the most loyal servant.
    i think that bellatrix was hysterical at that point, she was just being mardy i think
    snape as the loyal servant is a great idea but i sort of hope he isnt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    But Voldemort mentioed this during his resurrection in book 4, so at that point in time Bellatrix etc were still locked in Azkaban. I'd always assumed that Crouch Jr was the most loyal servant because he went to Azkaban rather than renounce Voldemort (like Lucius did), but managed to break free and helped bring Harry to the graveyard.

I'm a bit confused now, was about to go off on one track of thought, but have just remembered, everyone knows Snape was a spy (well, quite a few anyway) Dumbledore says so in the court at Karkaroff's hearing in the Pensieve. Karkaroff is trying to name names and accuses Snape of being a spy. Crouch Sr then says that DEumbledore has already vouched for him, and that Snape turned spy for the good side before Voldemort's downfall "at great personal risk"

I was about to go off on one about how Snape was the most loyal servant, but I'm not so sure now, apart from anything else, if he was then firstly he would have had to have something to do with getting Harry to the Goblet of fire (Voldemort mentions that his most loyal servant has already returned to his service and itas because of him that Harry made ti to the graveyard), and also, if it wasn't Crouch, which one was?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Snape would have helped Harry through for two reasons 1) Dumbledore would sooo have known and I still think Snape is working for good- 2) If he doesn't know about the portkey, it would have brought Harry fame and glory- which we KNOW he doesn't want Harry to get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't think Snape would have helped Harry through for two reasons 1) Dumbledore would sooo have known and I still think Snape is working for good- 2) If he doesn't know about the portkey, it would have brought Harry fame and glory- which we KNOW he doesn't want Harry to get
    Snape has helped Harry though, remember. He helped him throughout book 1 because he was trying to pay back a dept to James.

ReputationRep:
    i think unfortunately that ther may be 2 possible endings to the book series, harry lives vold dies ( if jkr has enough money) both die by help of neville( jkr has plenty of money to retire on!) unfortunately i think shes lying bout having written the final chapter cos shes already got a few of the details wrong in the books like at the end of the goblet of fire harry should have seen the thestrals but it doesnt mention them?! but he had just seen cedric die? what the? i think we are giving jkr too much credit in the intelligence stakes, albeit she has written a fantabulous set of books and i cant wait to read the 6th one but its pretty obvious that shes more interested in the money at the minute and thats y she is devoting all her time to the makin of the films, frankly she could have found a few better actors dont you agree? and thats y its taking soo flippin long for her to write the next books!
    forgive my skepticism but i think the lady has been swallowed up by all this dosh shes been getting and has lost the spark that drives her to write, unlike my main man terry pratchett! a legend in his own right!

ReputationRep:
    but that debt to james is repayed and it wasnt a proper one ne way cos if it hadnt have been for him then james wouldnt have had to save him! catch 22 i still think that we are in for quite a few shocks and i have a feeling hagrid is gonna kick the bucket!

ReputationRep:
    i still think crookshanks is james lol
    Hmm, I don;'t think Crookshanks is Jams or Lily, unfortunately. If Crookshanks is a kneasle, what do u reckon Mrs Norris is? A plain old over protective cat?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.