The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
lavender
I think in the end he will end up dying because voldemort will eventually find out he's working for dumbledore.
Voldemort's got to have realised that already if Snape is a goodie- he didn't turn up at the big meeting thing when Voldemort was ressurected and Voldemort said one deatheater had run from fear or something and he would pay, and the other would be killed for turning traitor or something...
Reply 621
lavender
Ive read alot lately of maybe Snape being a spy and that is why he is with the order, I dont really think so though. I think he is probably pompous enough that he like double crossing voldemort, I think in the end he will end up dying because voldemort will eventually find out he's working for dumbledore.

i reckon that Snape will be killed, but not before saving Harry's or Dumbledore's life. He will apologise to Harry for how mean he's been. About Kreacher, I thought that house elves can only be dismissed if the owner gives it some clothes.
Reply 622
Egan1
Voldemort's got to have realised that already if Snape is a goodie- he didn't turn up at the big meeting thing when Voldemort was ressurected and Voldemort said one deatheater had run from fear or something and he would pay, and the other would be killed for turning traitor or something...

So why hasn't Voldie killed Snape yet???????????
*Confusion*
Reply 623
Xenon
So why hasn't Voldie killed Snape yet???????????
*Confusion*
Indeed?! And that's a good point about Kreacher...hmmm...maybe they left some lying around and he picked it up and sort of counted it as a dismissal...?
Reply 624
Xenon
i reckon that Snape will be killed, but not before saving Harry's or Dumbledore's life. He will apologise to Harry for how mean he's been. About Kreacher, I thought that house elves can only be dismissed if the owner gives it some clothes.

that is only if they get clothes they are free...kreacher was just following orders...i don't think he was "free" but more taking a break

CR
Reply 625
CR3
that is only if they get clothes they are free...kreacher was just following orders...i don't think he was "free" but more taking a break

CR

That clever little idiot!
Reply 626
Egan1

True, but if Voldemort thinks that Snape is working actually for him by staying in Hogwarts and giving him the inside track, except that wouldnt make since because he wants Harry dead and Snape could do that, but Voldemort needed harry alive to make him whole again in book 4, yata yata yata

Rowling really hasnt given any signs as to what is going on here, we know that snape has it in good with lucis malfoy so something is weird there.
Reply 627
It could be that Voldemort does know Snape is on Dumbledore's side and that he hasnt killed him yet because he is going to use him for something we not yet know........

As well as everyone else thinks, I also think more will aspire in the story of Snape in the next two books.
Reply 628
hmmm i think it is too obvious to have snape become a traitor. I really don't think it could be tonks, she just doesn't seem like the type to be on the dark side, although if she's not working on her own will..... I would be very surprised if it was moody or kingsley. Now that i think about it, my guess to who the next traitor is (if there is one) it would be mundungus.
Welcome back lavender, i like the snape idea....
Reply 629
I think you could be right! but why does there have to be a traitor? There are plenty of good guys and bad guys, and there has already been the ultimate traitor "wormtail"

I can see maybe where Voldemort might be able to completely control someone on the good side, and if that were true, I think he would pick someone a little more important.
Reply 630
Hey iv'e got an idea for a poll: Just put ur answer at the bottom of ur next post. (if u want to):
Who's fault was it that Sirius died:
A: Harry's
B: Kreacher's
C: Snape's
D: Dumbledore's
E: Bellatrix's
F: Sirius's
Reply 631
My answer: Harry's for not thinking, kreacher's for lying, snape's for throwing harry out, dumbledore for not teaching harry, bellatrix's for actually killing him. I am not just saying this because he's my favorite, but i don't blame sirius at all. If someone you loved was in trouble with voldemort wouldn't u go help? Plus harry saved sirius' life twice in the third book, so sirius owed him one. Too bad it involved dying for harry, but i reckon if he had a choice, he would have wanted to die saving harry.
Reply 632
Why did dumbledore make harry have the occlumency lessons with snape? I know he could not have done it with umbridge, but mcgonagal (sp?) lupin? Surely moody would know how, he is one of the best auror's ever. Another reason (for me) to be suspicous of snape AND dumbledore.
Reply 633
SiriusFan
Remember my post about how lily and james escaped voldemort three times? Well only one person answered so i was wondering if anyone else had an opinion.... We know lily and james escaped voldemort three times, but only harry has survived the killing curse. why did'nt voldemort try to kill them? (or nevill's parents for that matter)

Sorry if i sound persistent :P

Okay, call me stupid, I dont understand what you mean? If lily and james escaped him 3 times that could mean that he did try and kill them, and after being unsuccessful and hearing about the prophecy he went to kill harry thinking that he didnt need to bother with them because if harry was gone, ultimately, there would be nothing stopping him. But since James and Lily put up such a fight then they did get killed.

I also think regarding nevilles parents that the death eaters work under Voldemorts direction and they may like driving people crazy more than killing them because to them it is more fun (torture).
Reply 634
SiriusFan
Hey iv'e got an idea for a poll: Just put ur answer at the bottom of ur next post. (if u want to):
Who's fault was it that Sirius died:
A: Harry's
B: Kreacher's
C: Snape's
D: Dumbledore's
E: Bellatrix's
F: Sirius's

I would have to say all in some sort of way, but when it comes down to it, he was in control of his own actions, and he was tricked,

that is too hard of poll!
Reply 635
What i am saying is, how did lily and james escape voldemort? He must not have tried to kill them, because only harry has survived the killing curse. (and voldemort) But why did voldemort not try to kill them?

Does anyone have any ideas about my post entitled " wait a minute"?
Reply 636
no, you cant be suspicious of Dumbledore, his actions are just more parental control/caring/worrying then actually being double crossing.

As far as snape doing the occulmecy (sp?) maybe at the school, Snape is the best for the job, Lupin cant come to the school cause everyone knows he's a werewolf, and if Snape is really really good, then they dont have to worry about something getting into snapes thoughts to see what is going on, also, maybe dumbledore wanted snape and harry to get along a little better, to better understand each other a little, and unfortunately it just made harry hate snape even more, but from dumbledores actions, it is definately something a parent would do!!
Reply 637
SiriusFan
Why did dumbledore make harry have the occlumency lessons with snape? I know he could not have done it with umbridge, but mcgonagal (sp?) lupin? Surely moody would know how, he is one of the best auror's ever. Another reason (for me) to be suspicous of snape AND dumbledore.
But Moody and Lupin couldn't have taught him- neither being teachers at the school! There wouldn't have been a way for them to meet up routinely...especially with Umbridge keeping a strict and observant eye on everything...
Reply 638
SiriusFan
What i am saying is, how did lily and james escape voldemort? He must not have tried to kill them, because only harry has survived the killing curse. (and voldemort) But why did voldemort not try to kill them?

Does anyone have any ideas about my post entitled " wait a minute"?

Harry is the only one that actually survived being hit with the curse, but maybe voldemort missed, or he sent his deatheaters to do it and they kept screwing up.

Maybe voldemort didnt realize it was worth his effort to really need to kill lily and james, and they defied him by breaking up his plans, etc.

Maybe it isnt his intentions to have to kill all wizards who are good, I dont know I cant think anymore....aaaggghhhh!!!
Reply 639
Egan1
But Moody and Lupin couldn't have taught him- neither being teachers at the school! There wouldn't have been a way for them to meet up routinely...especially with Umbridge keeping a strict and observant eye on everything...

O yeah... If i was dumbledore the second i saw umbridge, i would done the imperiuos (i know thats' not right) on her. But then again, dumbledore doesn't seem like the type..

Latest

Trending

Trending