Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly-ruby)
    i think unfortunately that ther may be 2 possible endings to the book series, harry lives vold dies ( if jkr has enough money) both die by help of neville
    I'm not sure about Neville helping to fight Voldie presonally. Neville has his own personal battle to fight. I have a feeling that J K Rowling is gradually gonna bring Neville to at least be strong enough and confident enough to take on and defeat Bellatrix!

ReputationRep:
    How come people think that whenever someone becomes successful they must be "all about the money" ? I dont think she has given up anything on the story- she made a great product and I think she deserves every penny she's got

now- back to discussion- I think Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, AND Mr. Tibbles are Kneazles- I also have a sneaking suspicion (sice Harry said she keeps photographs of her cats) that Mrs. Figg breeds them and gives them to others- I'm sure she would give Mrs. Norris to Filch- he's a Squib like she is- and remember when she was mad at a cat she tripped over? I bet it was Crookshanks and he was tossed out to the pet store- That's my own pet theory- as for whoever it was that said maybe Crookshanks is something else- read "Fantastic Beats"- a kneazle is the only one that looks remotely like a cat in any way- doesn't leave much room for doubt- and she said what he is is IN "Fantastic Beasts"-

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think it is strange that Harry did not manage to hear the prophesy from the original stored at the MOM. Instead he heard it from Dumbledore. Who's to know whether Dumbledore told Harry the full prophesy.

I know it is probably reading too much into things but it just made me think

ReputationRep:
    i think unfortunately that ther may be 2 possible endings to the book series, harry lives vold dies ( if jkr has enough money) both die by help of neville( jkr has plenty of money to retire on!) unfortunately i think shes lying bout having written the final chapter cos shes already got a few of the details wrong in the books like at the end of the goblet of fire harry should have seen the thestrals but it doesnt mention them?! but he had just seen cedric die? what the? i think we are giving jkr too much credit in the intelligence stakes, albeit she has written a fantabulous set of books and i cant wait to read the 6th one but its pretty obvious that shes more interested in the money at the minute and thats y she is devoting all her time to the makin of the films, frankly she could have found a few better actors dont you agree? and thats y its taking soo flippin long for her to write the next books!
    forgive my skepticism but i think the lady has been swallowed up by all this dosh shes been getting and has lost the spark that drives her to write, unlike my main man terry pratchett! a legend in his own right!
    this proves that you aren't a true fan. She has written the final chapter cos we have seen it. She showed it to us during a interveiw (offiously we didn't get to see inside it) and she said that she can't change the endding now cos she has laid out all of the clues for us.

As for the Thestrals mistake, she also said that death needs to sink in before you can see them (www.mugglenet.com).

And as for the lenth of time between books, think about it for a second. Lokk at how BIG the book is. Think about how long it would take u to write that. And she also said she needed a break between books. She went straight from writting book 1 to writing book 2, the same for book 3 and 4. Personally, i think she derserved the break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    How come people think that whenever someone becomes successful they must be "all about the money" ? I dont think she has given up anything on the story- she made a great product and I think she deserves every penny she's got

now- back to discussion- I think Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, AND Mr. Tibbles are Kneazles- I also have a sneaking suspicion (sice Harry said she keeps photographs of her cats) that Mrs. Figg breeds them and gives them to others- I'm sure she would give Mrs. Norris to Filch- he's a Squib like she is- and remember when she was mad at a cat she tripped over? I bet it was Crookshanks and he was tossed out to the pet store- That's my own pet theory- as for whoever it was that said maybe Crookshanks is something else- read "Fantastic Beats"- a kneazle is the only one that looks remotely like a cat in any way- doesn't leave much room for doubt- and she said what he is is IN "Fantastic Beasts"-
    wasn't it Mr Tibbles that she tripped over?

(Original post by parvati)
    does anyone think it is strange that Harry did not manage to hear the prophesy from the original stored at the MOM. Instead he heard it from Dumbledore. Who's to know whether Dumbledore told Harry the full prophesy.

I know it is probably reading too much into things but it just made me think
    They didn't hear the prohesy cos there was too much noise going on when it smashed.

ReputationRep:
    but its pretty obvious that shes more interested in the money at the minute and thats y she is devoting all her time to the makin of the films, frankly she could have found a few better actors dont you agree? and thats y its taking soo flippin long for her to write the next books!
    she didn´t get to pick the actors, she´s a writer not a casting director.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmm, I don;'t think Crookshanks is Jams or Lily, unfortunately. If Crookshanks is a kneasle, what do u reckon Mrs Norris is? A plain old over protective cat?
    acutally, we dont know that crookshanks is a kneezle, she just said he was not all cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Just a small note guys. Some time next week, i'll be asking you to help me with ideas on an assignment.
    what kind of assingment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I have always thought that crouch was the "most loyal servant" but for some reason now I think the whole series would make more sence if snape was the most loyal servant.
    akso, i know we have talked about his a lot, but i can't decide. Volde says: one, to cowardly to return, he shall pay. And one who left me forever, he shall be killed of course. Based on what we know now, snape msut be the one who left forever, because he didn't have nething to do with volde for quite some time, and kakoroff did, and he fled (too cowardly) the same night. So i guess volde is gunna kill snape? Y didn't he do it yet? Everyone knows he works at hogwarts, but he doesn't always stay there (I.E summer break or w/e) Do u think snape will be killed, or did volde mean kakoroff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    akso, i know we have talked about his a lot, but i can't decide. Volde says: one, to cowardly to return, he shall pay. And one who left me forever, he shall be killed of course. Based on what we know now, snape msut be the one who left forever, because he didn't have nething to do with volde for quite some time, and kakoroff did, and he fled (too cowardly) the same night. So i guess volde is gunna kill snape? Y didn't he do it yet? Everyone knows he works at hogwarts, but he doesn't always stay there (I.E summer break or w/e) Do u think snape will be killed, or did volde mean kakoroff?
    Well, Snape and \Karakoff were the obvious suspects. J K Rowlinf had said that quite a few people had guessed whio wass the one who had left for good, so I again am thinking Snape. Will we hear more from Karakoff in the future books? I might have missed out on this in the book or forgotten about it, but did Snape start off as a spy, or did he become a spy after already having been a deatheater?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What about that woman who killed Nelieves parents (i don't have the book with me and i can't be bothered trying to spell her name). She said she was the most loyal servant.
    I think that voldemort would have a humble servant as his most loyal, someone who is not going to boldly claim that they are the most loyal. I don't think that either Bellatrix or crouch fit the type. I think the voldemort gave snape an assignment and that is why he didn't go looking for voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, Snape and \Karakoff were the obvious suspects. J K Rowlinf had said that quite a few people had guessed whio wass the one who had left for good, so I again am thinking Snape. Will we hear more from Karakoff in the future books? I might have missed out on this in the book or forgotten about it, but did Snape start off as a spy, or did he become a spy after already having been a deatheater?
    hmm... i don't think it was in the book. spy for who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm not sure about Neville helping to fight Voldie presonally. Neville has his own personal battle to fight. I have a feeling that J K Rowling is gradually gonna bring Neville to at least be strong enough and confident enough to take on and defeat Bellatrix!
    yeah! defeat bellatrix for his parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    My theory on snape might be wrong, but what if it's right and the one too cowardly to return is some other character one that we are familiar with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    gazza: will harry become head master of hogwarts
    JK Rowling replies -> I'm not sure I can see Harry in an academic career, he's seen so much action!

Either she slipped and this is proof that harry will live or she is tricking us. I've been reading the interview and other questions about what the characters will do she answers with something like, assuming they live.
    Did no one else notice this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i think we have to hear more from karakoff, he wouldn't jsut disapear. I wonder who durmstrang's (sp?) new headmaster is?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've missed a few days, so there's tons I wanna say.

First, I like the idea that Snape is Voldie's loyal servant and that he's being spying on the Order the whole time... one could argue that Snape didn't really "save" Harry in book 3, he was just trying to get Sirius captrued and "kissed" to pay him back for all those pranks played on him at school. Yet, I'm not sure he is because in book 4 the Dark Mark on his arm was giving him pains, remember? Like Voldie was punishing him. He could therefore be the one "two cowardly to return" and Karkaroff hasn't been heard from because he's the one who's "left forever" and is dead. Or, it could be the other way around and Snape will get killed (or close to) in future books.

Neville could be the one to kill Bellatrix coz of his parents, but remember, Harry also has a vandetta against Bellatrix coz of Sirius. So, either of them could do it- or both?

And I've been thinking lately...what if it doesn't end happily? And Voldie's not defeated? Surely that can't happen right?
    I've also been having wild theories (probably from lack of sleep) but what if Harry and Voldie combine- become the same person as they are already connected through mind and blood (the spell that resurrected Voldie in Book 4) and what if they kill Dumbledore?! That would seriously be horrible...but I guess then Neville could save the day.
    Please tell me I'm just going off on one and am completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    And as for the lenth of time between books, think about it for a second. Lokk at how BIG the book is. Think about how long it would take u to write that. And she also said she needed a break between books. She went straight from writting book 1 to writing book 2, the same for book 3 and 4. Personally, i think she derserved the break.[/QUOTE]

I agree! And it's not as if she doesn't have a personal life. In those three years she got married and had a baby...Yes, we were all desperate for book 5 but we can't expect her to lock herself indoors and write non-stop till we have our answers. And I don't think sorting out family life classifies as being "all about the money"

ReputationRep:
    I know this is off topic of heirs and Snape etc
    but I've been reading book 5 (and enjoying it better this time) and I'm wondering whether Sturgis Podmore is a traitor or not? Moody complains about him several times for not turning up on guard duty and for keeping his copy of the photograph of the Order years ago. JK doesn't usually mention things like this over and over unless it has significance (or becomes significant). Can anyone remember if he's mentioned later on in book 5- what happens to him?

PS I'm going to Rome for five days so I probably won't be able to read the answers for a while! But still, tell me what you think- I might have time...

ReputationRep:
    The whole way through it says that dumbledore trusts snape, so if Dumbledore gets him wrong what else has he got wrong?

I think snape's a nasty guy right, but I don't think he is on Voldemorts side, he is just spying for the order. I thought Karakoff was the coward and snape had left forever.

Though whilst I type this i'm thinking if he'd left forever how would he spy?

So it may be true, cos it would be quite a good twist around.

I don't know! I just don't know.

(I'm at the begining of book 5 at the mo and haven't latched on to any ill feelings for Podmore yet)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.