Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i have been thinking about this mystery girls in harrys year, never been able to figure it out. Could some1 please fill my in?

Alright 800
    well first off, congrates on ur 800th post and on ur 3000th Xenon.

I've never known about the mystery girl really. The only girls i thought existed in harrys year (in gyrinndor that is) was Herimonie, Lanvieder and Parvati. (i know that they are spelled wrong).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Did he? (similar response to Brooklyn (I think->>)) We don't know that he did. Moody said that they had 'got to know' and that Dumbledore wanted them taught. But we don't know that Dumbledore actually asked him to put the curses on them. -Though he probably new about it afterwards and just assumed that was Moody's way of doing things and that seeing as no one had been hurt, it could only benefit.
    I just think that Dumbledore knew what was going on, I just can't believe that he didn't. And unless we go down the whole Dumbledore's evil route again we know that he didn't spot the fake Moody until the end when he took Harry when he'd been told not to. We know that Moody put the curse on the students on more than one occasion as well (because it says so in the book) so if Dumbledore wanted to prevent I'm sure he could have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

I've never known about the mystery girl really. The only girls i thought existed in harrys year (in gyrinndor that is) was Herimonie, Lanvieder and Parvati. (i know that they are spelled wrong).
    People are just going on the assumption that if there are 5 boys in Gryffindor then there are 5 girls (although it might not necessarily be the case as the sorting hat might not have felt that there were 5 girls suitable for Gryffindor) But JKR mentioed in the interview that they do exist, she's just never had the need to use them

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

I think if Ginny retained some powers, that would definately make it more interesting- they really haven't discussed her possesion except for one outburst- I have a feeling it's going to come to light more soon-

as for the mystery girls, I always assumed they didn't exist until JK said they did- of course if they are so unimportant that she couldn't remember their NAMES......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Hey all!

I think if Ginny retained some powers, that would definately make it more interesting- they really haven't discussed her possesion except for one outburst- I have a feeling it's going to come to light more soon-

as for the mystery girls, I always assumed they didn't exist until JK said they did- of course if they are so unimportant that she couldn't remember their NAMES......
    Hmmm, JKR's always said that book 2 was alot darker than people realised, maybe it'll be because of Ginny and it'll all become clear in the next two books.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that would make a lot more things make sense. i just assumed the change in ginny was because she didnt fancy harry anymore! and so could speak her mind in front of him and not care what anyone thought. but yeah, that makes better sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    yeah that would make a lot more things make sense. i just assumed the change in ginny was because she didnt fancy harry anymore! and so could speak her mind in front of him and not care what anyone thought. but yeah, that makes better sense
    I'm actually really curious to see whats going to happen to make book2 so significant. To be honest its my least favourite one because it doesn't seem to be as connected to the others. I think our homework for today should be to go watch the second film again, because that'll contain the most clues. Anything important will have to have been left in the film to make sure the final 2 films make sense (just in case they make them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'm actually really curious to see whats going to happen to make book2 so significant. To be honest its my least favourite one because it doesn't seem to be as connected to the others. I think our homework for today should be to go watch the second film again, because that'll contain the most clues. Anything important will have to have been left in the film to make sure the final 2 films make sense (just in case they make them)
    i watched the second film again last week...but wasnt looking out for ne clues dammit!

ReputationRep:
    hmm- clues- I'll have to watch it- and more importantly reread it- something that is demonstrated in the movies might have clue in the WORDS used to say it in the books- I do think there is something more on the possesion-

and Hermione never said Ginny didn't FANCY Harry anymore, just that she gave up on him- which I htink is future romance! But I'm one of the big Ginny fans- maybe since she was possessed by him and survived, she could do it again? Maybe Voldie possesses her (or really anyone close to Harry) and Harry looks at the person and loves them and something in that power kills Voldie? I'm stretching here, but I have a feeling the ending is going to be just that kind of cheesy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    hmm- clues- I'll have to watch it- and more importantly reread it- something that is demonstrated in the movies might have clue in the WORDS used to say it in the books- I do think there is something more on the possesion-

and Hermione never said Ginny didn't FANCY Harry anymore, just that she gave up on him- which I htink is future romance! But I'm one of the big Ginny fans- maybe since she was possessed by him and survived, she could do it again? Maybe Voldie possesses her (or really anyone close to Harry) and Harry looks at the person and loves them and something in that power kills Voldie? I'm stretching here, but I have a feeling the ending is going to be just that kind of cheesy
    and it would be lovely! but hopefully there'll be more to it than that!!

ReputationRep:
    Thas what JK said in an interveiw. The guy who directed CoS knows more about Harry Potter than anyone else because he needed to know what should be left in. Now from that, it must be just little details that are important. It won't things that were important to the storylinre (i.e. the fact taht Harry is a Parselmouth or Moaning Myrtal).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

thanx, thats what i thought 2

ReputationRep:
    "Whereas for us, we get the beautiful, innocent creatures."

yeah yeah yeah congrats on 3000
    Thanks. Less than 200 to go for the 4 digits, Padfoot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Thanks. Less than 200 to go for the 4 digits, Padfoot!
    yup did they change the number of posts needed to reach status stuff again?

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord! I posted back at the beginning of this thing, last July, and started a whole controversy about Neville being the one who would eventually defeat Voldemorte. I got curious, came back, and 325 pages?!!! I'm flabbergasted. Really, I am. Is there anyone around that even remembers me? I only made it through page 37 (a break of 9 months will do that, I guess - but law school will force you to prioritize), so I'm not really familiar with what's going on anymore. I'll catch up, but it'll take a while. Whew!
    A few questions, though. Does anyone have any info on the scheduled release dates of: A- book 6 and B- the next movie? Also, has my idea from July been revived? Just curious; want to know who my friends are. :rolleyes:
    See you guys soon, but I've got a ton of catching up to do...

Best as Always,
    Paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR1)
    Good Lord! I posted back at the beginning of this thing, last July, and started a whole controversy about Neville being the one who would eventually defeat Voldemorte. I got curious, came back, and 325 pages?!!! I'm flabbergasted. Really, I am. Is there anyone around that even remembers me? I only made it through page 37 (a break of 9 months will do that, I guess - but law school will force you to prioritize), so I'm not really familiar with what's going on anymore. I'll catch up, but it'll take a while. Whew!
    A few questions, though. Does anyone have any info on the scheduled release dates of: A- book 6 and B- the next movie? Also, has my idea from July been revived? Just curious; want to know who my friends are. :rolleyes:

Best as Always,
    Paul
    Just one question. How can you have posted in this at the begining when ur post count is only 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR1)

Best as Always,
    Paul
    aaah, i think i do remember you. but yeah, why does your post no. say that you only have 1 post?

were you the one with the avatar of an agent? or a guy with shades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR1)

Best as Always,
    Paul
    I remember, and I guess Xenon and Egan and a couple of others will to. I think I can explain the single post count though, way back unregister users could post freely, (before d banned them all) and I think PR1 may have been one of those. Most unregistered people eventually registered because it became difficult to distinguish between posts etc and it only took a few minutes.

God I feel old now (In UKL years)

ReputationRep:
    yup did they change the number of posts needed to reach status stuff again?
    Yep, you now need 1000 posts to reach the next status. I swear they keep moving the bar just as I start approaching it!

ReputationRep:
    I remember, and I guess Xenon and Egan and a couple of others will to. I think I can explain the single post count though, way back unregister users could post freely, (before d banned them all) and I think PR1 may have been one of those. Most unregistered people eventually registered because it became difficult to distinguish between posts etc and it only took a few minutes.

God I feel old now (In UKL years)
    lol, compared with some of the other posters here, i suppose i'm a teenager (no change really).

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.