Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    just do a search on yahoo and you'll get about a million websites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Did the movie say "Philosopher's" over there? Its Socerer's here- in the movie and book- its never referred to as "philosopher's"-

LotR- I say its American because of our Academy Awards- you are only eligible if its "American"- they have a seperate category for "foreign"- although I just looked up HP and it says "USA"! So Now I'm confused- apparently it has something to do with the production company- apparently whatever country THEY are from is the nationality of the movie- so LotR and HP are both considered American- with New Line and WB respectively- although LotR is listed as "New Zealand/USA"
    Well i disagree wityh that. Harry Potter isn't American

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well i disagree wityh that. Harry Potter isn't American
    Her point is that it is considered american because the production company is american. We all know that the actors and actresses are british.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat
    Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light

all patented by warner (apparently)

Harry Potter and the Green Flamed Torch - still most likely
    Harry Potter and the Secret of Crookshanks
    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest
    Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell - #1 of 3 titles patented by Warner
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat - #2

rumoured titles
    These were all patented before OotP came out, and OotP wasn't included amongst them. I really doubt that any of them will be the name of the next book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirki)
    These were all patented before OotP came out, and OotP wasn't included amongst them. I really doubt that any of them will be the name of the next book.
    That is the consensus that most of us reached months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    The title has got to be something that nobody would ever even consider but it has to be really relevant to the story.
    yeah, i think those are all cool titles, but i think it will be something reallu odd/creative. Where is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah, i think those are all cool titles, but i think it will be something reallu odd/creative. Where is everyone?
    I know that xenon has a chest infection so that's why she's not on but i've been wondering about everybodys else also.

ReputationRep:
    I know that xenon has a chest infection so that's why she's not on but i've been wondering about everybodys else also.
    yeah egan doesn't seem to come on much anymore, we lost sire long ago, along with kikas,kcoverst,ditzyblonde and many of our other long term members. We must support the thread until the others return.

ReputationRep:
    o yeah, cant forget curry, she hasn't been on here forever

ReputationRep:
    yeah egan doesn't seem to come on much anymore, we lost sire long ago, along with kikas,kcoverst,ditzyblonde and many of our other long term members. We must support the thread until the others return.
    I still post! I just can't post on my computer in my student house, some random requirement that my computer has to have windows 98 to reply to messages so I can't usually post at weekends or in the evenings. I'm back home for the holidays now so can post pretty much anytime. Don't worry, I've not gone very far.

ReputationRep:
    o yeah, cant forget curry, she hasn't been on here forever
    curry must not have been on in about a week since she just replied to a post on the gentleman's league thread that had been there for a while. We should get mr. white to read harry potter. I bet he would have some interesting insights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I still post! I just can't post on my computer in my student house, some random requirement that my computer has to have windows 98 to reply to messages so I can't usually post at weekends or in the evenings. I'm back home for the holidays now so can post pretty much anytime. Don't worry, I've not gone very far.
    o opps sorry

ReputationRep:
    curry must not have been on in about a week since she just replied to a post on the gentleman's league thread that had been there for a while. We should get mr. white to read harry potter. I bet he would have some interesting insights.
    now THAT would be entertaining. I doubt he would do it, and i wouldn't ask him

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was here before Sire and i still post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i was here before all ya'll. the reason why i rarely ever post here is because.....

a. after awhile it seemed repetitive
    b. it was moved to a subforum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i know, i meant older members who dont post, not just older members

ReputationRep:
    yeah egan doesn't seem to come on much anymore,
    Actually, I visit this thread quite frequently. I don't post everytime though, only when I have something to say or reply to, and often post in one big block, rather than scattered.

Meh, I'm not neglecting you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Actually, I visit this thread quite frequently. I don't post everytime though, only when I have something to say or reply to, and often post in one big block, rather than scattered.

Meh, I'm not neglecting you
    oo my apologies then.

ReputationRep:
    The way that both of them might die is that maybe since Voldemort has harrys blood now (book 4) maybe if harry kills himself Voldemort will die as well..... and in the end of book 7 it is a rumor that the last word is scar or scars ...so after he sacrifices himself maybe he will wake up and he notices he no longer has the scar(or at least thats what i belive by reading other peoples opinions)... thats even if harry kills voldemort because in the 5th book dumbledor (sorry about my spelling) mentions alot about how there are things worse then death and maybe thats forshadowing whats going to happen in the 6th and 7th books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    HEY!

THIS IS MY GUESS OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN, I HAVE A FEW THEORIES, YOU CAN REPLY ON THEM IF YOU WANT...

1) Harry will fight Voldemort and kill him, but before Voldemort dies, he will, during their duel, do something to harry that will make him die soon, like a slow-uncurable-poison, and so Voldemort will die first, harry will die after that but know that he has completed his vengence for his parents.

2) same thing but Dumbledore will perform a sacred ritual or something that will save harry

3) There will be an 8th book

4) Harry will kill voldemort and live happy ever after with Ginny/Hermione and ron with Hermione/someone else.

Reply......
    Peace out.........
    AIM = Tyler91787
    J.K has already said she dosnt plan to make any books after #7.... besides i know why u want a 8th book i do to but after a while it would get old and u know the ones after he leaves school wont be as good as the ones at school

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.