Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I never said JKR copied tolkein, but there are alot of similarities is all i am trying to say.

Did anyone else find Firenze kinda annoying?

I wonder what the centaurs did with umbridge...

How did dumbledore just walk in and take her back, and why would he want to?? lol

Also, do we ever find out what happened to ....(blanking out)... Hagrid's brother after the centaurs shoot him?
    *i know what u mean about the whole tolkien thing but u have to understand that they are both getting there info on things from places like greek mathology and things like that so they kinda of create a world that people in the past could have belived really existed.....of course there books are going to be kind of alike if they are trying to make it as "beliveable" as possible by using former belifes... but even so there is a hudge difference and there story lines are nothing alike....especially since wizards have differnt sorts of powers in each and there are no witches in lotr.....and also in lotr u dont learn how to be a wizard it just comes to u from a upper power (but i still see where u r coming from)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    You know I think SOME of the things in book 5 when I first read it was REALLY random! Like Grawp, the centaurs, Sirius' deaththe Dursleys etc...they didn't have much depth in them. Whe I finished it for the first time I was like, "Did JKR WRITE this?!?"!!! But now I kinda like it...I still prefer Book 3 and 4.
    she always has to put random things in so she can tie them together in the end of the book...thats when we get all our questions answerd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    The way that both of them might die is that maybe since Voldemort has harrys blood now (book 4) maybe if harry kills himself Voldemort will die as well..... and in the end of book 7 it is a rumor that the last word is scar or scars ...so after he sacrifices himself maybe he will wake up and he notices he no longer has the scar(or at least thats what i belive by reading other peoples opinions)... thats even if harry kills voldemort because in the 5th book dumbledor (sorry about my spelling) mentions alot about how there are things worse then death and maybe thats forshadowing whats going to happen in the 6th and 7th books.
    well first off, welcome to the forum and second off, WELL DONE. The first new member who seems to have read at least some, if not all of this thread.

I dount that Harrys Scar will disappear cos didn't JK say his scar is no longer important.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Do you reckon that J K Rowling will have changed the end word being scar? Did she actually say that, or was it a rumour; I can't remember.
    If J K Rowling made Hogwarts-a hitory, how long do you think it would be? I reckon that it's a book which has to be made. She's mentioned it soooo many times in the books, thatnow everyone's curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm. Do you reckon that J K Rowling will have changed the end word being scar? Did she actually say that, or was it a rumour; I can't remember.
    If J K Rowling made Hogwarts-a hitory, how long do you think it would be? I reckon that it's a book which has to be made. She's mentioned it soooo many times in the books, thatnow everyone's curious.
    She relised three words and said "One of these will be the last word in the books". One of them was Scar, i think another was Lived and i've forgotten the other.

If it is Lived, i think we can guess what the last setence will be. It will be like how the book began. "To Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    She relised three words and said "One of these will be the last word in the books". One of them was Scar, i think another was Lived and i've forgotten the other.

If it is Lived, i think we can guess what the last setence will be. It will be like how the book began. "To Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived".
    Could be actually. The sort of book which begins and ends with the same line. The Outsiders began and ended with the same thing. At the end, the main character was writing a report on what had happened (the same as the book).

ReputationRep:
    She said that she had written the last chapter and the last word was scar, she then followed that by saying she often rewrites chapters over and over, she just wrote the last one as a sort of light at the end of the tunnel, so she knows the end is there and where everyone will end up- she said it helps her plan the little hints better- she couldn't do it if she didn't know what was going to happen- somehow everyone grabbed onto the first part of the interview and blanked out on the rest-

Keep the thread open! There are alot of old people who don't post as much, but there are alot of newbies who post every once in awhile- and you never know when new things come up for us ALL to talk about- like that interview! And you know as it gets closer to the movie, more will happen

ReputationRep:
    ok guys. You may remember a while back that i will ask for your help in my assignment. I have to create a website on the subject of my own choosing and (surprice, surprice), i've chosen Harry Potter.

So what do you think i should put in it, besides reveiws of the books themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    ok guys. You may remember a while back that i will ask for your help in my assignment. I have to create a website on the subject of my own choosing and (surprice, surprice), i've chosen Harry Potter.

So what do you think i should put in it, besides reveiws of the books themselves.
    A link to the Ultimate Discussion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    A link to the Ultimate Discussion!
    lmao, am i allowed to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    lmao, am i allowed to do that.
    Ask the mods about it.
    pUt in previous interviews by J K Rowling for sure. Maybe put in facts and rumours about future books. If you are allowed to put in this discussion, it would certainly be different. Check out other HP sites; there are plenty out there. Quizzes, games, wordsearches, things like that maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ask the mods about it.
    pUt in previous interviews by J K Rowling for sure. Maybe put in facts and rumours about future books. If you are allowed to put in this discussion, it would certainly be different. Check out other HP sites; there are plenty out there. Quizzes, games, wordsearches, things like that maybe.
    *And u could include a comparison of the books to the movies since there are so many differences and u get a better look at the whole picture if u read the books.

ReputationRep:
    *And u could include a comparison of the books to the movies since there are so many differences and u get a better look at the whole picture if u read the books.
    Very true. You could have polls, maybe one every week. That would give very good insights as to what people think. Don't forget to post your link. Will very much look forward to checking out your site.

ReputationRep:
    I know im new and all but i think it is so stupid that they have a topic or discussion place tittled "WHY DO U HATE HARRY POTTER" i mean if they dont like it its there own problem just ignore the people who do

ReputationRep:
    I know im new and all but i think it is so stupid that they have a topic or discussion place tittled "WHY DO U HATE HARRY POTTER" i mean if they dont like it its there own problem just ignore the people who do

ReputationRep:
    sorry i dont know why it showed up twice

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the point we've been trying to bring about!
    Welcome.

ReputationRep:
    sorry i dont know why it showed up twice
    i've noticed that sometimes if you hit refresh a lot it shows up twice. Welcom to the thread. There are tons of hater threads. I just can't figure out why they just don't pick up where the other one left off.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think the last chapter has been written (ties in with the scar discussion). I find it hard to believe she wrote it years ago, and and hasn't made any changes or revisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i dont think the last chapter has been written (ties in with the scar discussion). I find it hard to believe she wrote it years ago, and and hasn't made any changes or revisions.
    I agree. I mean J K Rowling said that she looks back at some of the earlier books, and wished she could have done some parts differently. If he thinks like that about it, how can she not about something as important as the last chapter?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.