The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
Xenon
I agree. I mean J K Rowling said that she looks back at some of the earlier books, and wished she could have done some parts differently. If he thinks like that about it, how can she not about something as important as the last chapter?

yeah i would think that would be the hardest part to write and not change.
Reply 6601
Xenon
I agree. I mean J K Rowling said that she looks back at some of the earlier books, and wished she could have done some parts differently. If he thinks like that about it, how can she not about something as important as the last chapter?

I think that her problem is not where she is going but how she gets there.
Reply 6602
If the last word is "scar", then I have a theory.
After the final fight btwn Neville and Vold., Neville realizes that he has his own "scar". HA!
BTW, plenty of us are still around - I was there in the beginning, too. However, I don't have much time to post that often - the demands of school and family (not in that order, perhaps, but there it is.)
In any event, some people rail against harry potter bc they don't understand/care for the hype. Can't say as I blame them, really. A lot of labels follow HP fans around badly. I don't care much, b/c I think that harry potter ranks up there (in depth and intrigue, not content) w/ the greatest childrens' stories ever - CS Lewis, Tolkien, and others come to mind -
ALso, many people see themselves as unconventially cool. Buck the system, be a rebel, yah, yah, yah... some of them must be overcompensating for ... something ... :biggrin:
Who really cares? Ever see an infant refuse to play a game that everyone else is enjoying - just to prove that it's different, special, unique? Well, that's what we're dealing with here. nothing else distinguishes them, they haven't really developed any kind of true self-confidence, so just jump on the bandwagon with all the other really original folk who "hate" harry potter. Yawn. "I don't like ice cream! I don't like toys! I won't eat my dessert! NO! *pout*"
Y-A-W-N
PR
Reply 6603
PR1
If the last word is "scar", then I have a theory.
After the final fight btwn Neville and Vold., Neville realizes that he has his own "scar". HA!

My opinion has always been that sure, Neville has an important job in HP, but his main role will be to avenge his parents' sanity by killing Bellatrix.
Reply 6604
PadFoot90
i dont think the last chapter has been written (ties in with the scar discussion). I find it hard to believe she wrote it years ago, and and hasn't made any changes or revisions.

She has written it. I keep saying that she has shown it too us and she said, that if somebody had come up to her and said "I think this is what is going to happen in the final chapter" and they were correct, she'd be every upset about it cos she can't do a thing to change it. She has left all the clues in the books now and so she can't change what is going to happen in the final chapter.
Reply 6605
Dude
She has written it. I keep saying that she has shown it too us and she said, that if somebody had come up to her and said "I think this is what is going to happen in the final chapter" and they were correct, she'd be every upset about it cos she can't do a thing to change it. She has left all the clues in the books now and so she can't change what is going to happen in the final chapter.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.
Reply 6606
Xenon
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

DAM, i'm GOOD.
Reply 6607
I'm sure the chapter is written, but I'm sure she'll make little changes- at least in wording, but not in results- how could she properly bury clues if she hadn't decided EXACTLY what was going to happen?

Why IS there such a backlash against HP lovers? It's like those people who will argue against anything that's popular- I guess I think that hating something only because its popular is just as bad as loving something only because its popular- both closeminded and sure to miss out on alot...
Reply 6608
Brooklyn
I'm sure the chapter is written, but I'm sure she'll make little changes- at least in wording, but not in results- how could she properly bury clues if she hadn't decided EXACTLY what was going to happen?

Why IS there such a backlash against HP lovers? It's like those people who will argue against anything that's popular- I guess I think that hating something only because its popular is just as bad as loving something only because its popular- both closeminded and sure to miss out on alot...

Maybe they're jealous cos they can't join the discussion, cos they haven't read the book to find out what's so good about it. :confused: Maybe they like to down popular things. Maybe maybe maybe... Loads of possibilities, none of which we're bound t find out.
This is a bit off topic with what u guys where saying ..but some one said something earlier about neville fighting voldemort and i just wanted to say that i dont think that will happen i think he will get revenge with the person who put that spell (im not good with names) on his parents

*sorry bout my spelling
Reply 6610
lotrobsessed524
This is a bit off topic with what u guys where saying ..but some one said something earlier about neville fighting voldemort and i just wanted to say that i dont think that will happen i think he will get revenge with the person who put that spell (im not good with names) on his parents

*sorry bout my spelling

I think that neville is more likely to curse himself than Voldemort.
Reply 6611
I think Neville will be more powerful. Dont forget that he will have his own wand for the first time in the new book.
Reply 6612
viviki
I think Neville will be more powerful. Dont forget that he will have his own wand for the first time in the new book.

I don't think that the wand makes the wizard.
Reply 6613
I think that having his own wand would certainly make a difference, otherwise why do they go to so much trouble finding you the wand that suits you perfectly. Neville is getting better so I think he will be strong in future at everything except potions which I presume he will drop if he has any sense.
Reply 6614
soon, yes, very soon, I will be VINDICATED!!
Woohaahaa!
Here's a fun game.
I've noticed that the names "Harry Potter" and "Neville Longbottom" have something very much in common. Can you see it, too?

I sometimes tell this riddle I heard (at least I did when I was younger and thought I was brilliant) about a green glass room with green glass doors. [If you know this, you can skip to the bottom to the ***] Certain things and people can go in the room and certain things and people can't. For instance, I could never go in the room. Neither can Xenon. But Brooklyn can, while viviki can't. Lotrobsessed can surely go in the room, but Dude could NEVER get in. PadFoot90 can always get in now, but there was time when he/she couldn't. That's when he/she used to be called Siriusfan. Get it?

ANSWER: Anything can go in that has double letters. the grEEn glaSS rOOm [with] grEEn glaSS dOOrs.

***Incidentally, and uniquely, I think that only HaRRy PoTTer and NeviLLe LongboTTom are the only two living characters that have double letters in the first AND last names (and, of course, can go in the GGRwGGD). Does anyone have any examples to refute this? Incidentally, there is one dead person who does - the one who gave Harry his powers - LiLLy PoTTer.

Hmmm... I always did enjoy a good conspiracy theory...

BTW - if I'm wrong [and I could be] please accept my challenge to find them. I don't have the books with me!
PR
Reply 6615
PR1
Incidentally, there is one dead person who does - the one who gave Harry his powers - LiLLy PoTTer.

Hmmm... I always did enjoy a good conspiracy theory...

BTW - if I'm wrong [and I could be] please accept my challenge to find them. I don't have the books with me!
PR

Isn't Harry's mum Lily Potter, with no double l in lily?
Maybe the wand may make Neville slightly better, but not so dramatically better. I still think that Neville will be clumsy and stuff, but he has more confidence from the previous book. No way will be be anywhere near as powerful as Harry, I reckon.
Reply 6616
well, if it is spelled "lily", then there are no others with double letters in their first and last names, I think. Also, what characters have double letters in only one of their names? (padfoot doesn't count) :wink:

By the way, Xenon, I don't think it's the wand that will make Neville better. That's a more recent theory to which I do not subscribe.

PR
Reply 6617
I wonder if maybe neville will kill belatrix but then go after voldemort and be killed.
Reply 6618
PR1
well, if it is spelled "lily", then there are no others with double letters in their first and last names, I think. Also, what characters have double letters in only one of their names? (padfoot doesn't count) :wink:

By the way, Xenon, I don't think it's the wand that will make Neville better. That's a more recent theory to which I do not subscribe.

PR

Nah, I don't reckonthat the wand can make him much better. If he does get better in the next book, it will be because of the DA classes and because of his renewed confidence. The wand doesn't make the person, it just picks the person. The magic is inside the wizard or witch. The wand is a tool to bring out the magic.
Reply 6619
PR1

I sometimes tell this riddle I heard (at least I did when I was younger and thought I was brilliant) about a green glass room with green glass doors. [If you know this, you can skip to the bottom to the ***] Certain things and people can go in the room and certain things and people can't. For instance, I could never go in the room. Neither can Xenon. But Brooklyn can, while viviki can't. Lotrobsessed can surely go in the room, but Dude could NEVER get in. PadFoot90 can always get in now, but there was time when he/she couldn't. That's when he/she used to be called Siriusfan. Get it?

Why am i a NEVER. You mentioned 3 other people and just said that they can't go in, so why am i a never???

Latest

Trending

Trending