The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
I'm sure the chapter is written, but I'm sure she'll make little changes- at least in wording, but not in results- how could she properly bury clues if she hadn't decided EXACTLY what was going to happen?
She does know. She keeps saying it in interveiws. Examples are:-

a.) "If I could meet anyone in the books, i'd meet Harry and say sorry for everything i'm putting him through. (I know that this mainly applys to his past adventures, but it could apply to his future as well)

b.) "If i was Harry, I'd run and hide because i know whats going to happen".

c.) She has said that all the clues are in place (and i'm sure she said theres an important clue in CoS).
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Why am i a NEVER. You mentioned 3 other people and just said that they can't go in, so why am i a never???
Just to make a change from saying can't? I always think things sound rubbish when you use the same word over and over. Variety is the spice of life etc!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Just to make a change from saying can't? I always think things sound rubbish when you use the same word over and over. Variety is the spice of life etc!
well alright. It's just making sound as though Xenon and that may have a chance of getting in sometime, where i will be stuck outside.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Neville's wand- Ron's new wand didn't do much for him- I doubt Neville's will do much for him either

I don't know about the double letter thing- she said Harry's name just "came to her"- doesn't sound like she planned it- but it is an interesting theory-

Neville will absolutely get Bellatrix-it will be a bit of a turning point for him, won't it? Do you think he'll actually KILL her or just capture?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
well alright. It's just making sound as though Xenon and that may have a chance of getting in sometime, where i will be stuck outside.
Ah, don't take it personally, you both have an equally unlikely chance of getting in, unless you changes your name. x.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Neville's wand- Ron's new wand didn't do much for him- I doubt Neville's will do much for him either

I don't know about the double letter thing- she said Harry's name just "came to her"- doesn't sound like she planned it- but it is an interesting theory-

Neville will absolutely get Bellatrix-it will be a bit of a turning point for him, won't it? Do you think he'll actually KILL her or just capture?
Capture and hand her over to the Ministry, otherwise he'd be as bad as her. Also we have to bear in mind that it is still a childrens book, and I don't think the parents would be too pleased if JKR went round condonning (sp!) murder. I know its all in the greater good etc, but it still doesn't make it right. (That all made sense in my head, it just doesn't seem to now I've typed it, never mind!)
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yer, but it might help. Think how the story would be if Harry didn't get his wand. The one who shares a tail feather from the same Phoinex
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Capture and hand her over to the Ministry, otherwise he'd be as bad as her. Also we have to bear in mind that it is still a childrens book, and I don't think the parents would be too pleased if JKR went round condonning (sp!) murder. I know its all in the greater good etc, but it still doesn't make it right. (That all made sense in my head, it just doesn't seem to now I've typed it, never mind!)
But then, it could be in self-defense. Harry has to kill Voldie, so there would be murder in that, wouldn't there. I mean, we've previously mentioned that Volide could be "kissed" by a dementor, but surely Voldie has to be killed?
PR1
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Why am i a NEVER. You mentioned 3 other people and just said that they can't go in, so why am i a never???
Yes, Dude, to avoid repitition.
Sorry you took it personally. Of course, no offense of the sort was intended!
Did anybody else come up with other double letter names? What about even in justone name? I can't really think right now...

I still think it's a good conspiracy theory, though.
Well, of course I would; it was born from my brain after all, wasn't it?

PR
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PR1)
Did anybody else come up with other double letter names? What about even in justone name? I can't really think right now...

PR
no im sry but i will try to think of some
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
But then, it could be in self-defense. Harry has to kill Voldie, so there would be murder in that, wouldn't there. I mean, we've previously mentioned that Volide could be "kissed" by a dementor, but surely Voldie has to be killed?
I kind of imaginmed it to be abit like when Harry spared Sirius and didn't kill him. I just can't imagine Neville killing anybody. I might be very wrong though!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by PR1)

PR
Going by only one of their names (first or surnames)-Loopy Lupin (ok not quite), Peeves, Dobbie, Ginny, Professor McGonnagal, Binns.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
At least you got mentioned.
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Do we know if he is going to exactly kill voldemort because remeber Dumbledor (sorry bout my spelling) kept mentioning that there are worse things then death and voldimort would not belive him maybe harry will do something to him that causes him more pain and suffering then dying (but then again i dont know if that would go withthe profosey)
PR1
Report 14 years ago
xenon - any with double letters in both names?
there could be some - I just don't think so
PR
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by lotrobsessed524)
Do we know if he is going to exactly kill voldemort because remeber Dumbledor (sorry bout my spelling) kept mentioning that there are worse things then death and voldimort would not belive him maybe harry will do something to him that causes him more pain and suffering then dying (but then again i dont know if that would go withthe profosey)
I was thinking that Dumbledore kept saying that because he himself will not be the one to kill Voldie. In the prophecy, it says that Harry will kill Voldie and vice versa. So maybe he said that because as he can't kill Voldie, than he can lead him to a fate worse than death, which would help Harry kill Voldie. I dunno, that was my impression.
PR3, I'm not sure there are any with double letters in both names. One which comes into mind was Rita Skeeter, if only her first name was spelt Reeta.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I was thinking that Dumbledore kept saying that because he himself will not be the one to kill Voldie. In the prophecy, it says that Harry will kill Voldie and vice versa. So maybe he said that because as he can't kill Voldie, than he can lead him to a fate worse than death, which would help Harry kill Voldie. I dunno, that was my impression.
PR3, I'm not sure there are any with double letters in both names. One which comes into mind was Rita Skeeter, if only her first name was spelt Reeta.
ARGH! If only we knew! JKR really needs to write faster! I guess if we knew beofre hand it would spoil the books for us. Its fun guessing though! Really should give up and go to bed, I'm not making sense anymore!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Maybe he meant that the knowledge that you have made someone else a murderer is worse than actually dieing.
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I see what u mean im just saying jk was kinda setting that up for it to happen (even though i think u are right it goes against the prophocy)
Xenon
Rep:
?
I'm just gonna write down the prophecy-might help sort out my head!

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh monthdies... and the Dark Lord will matk him as equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... "

I guess the prop[hecy says that one must die at the hand of the other. This tells us that Harry has to kill Voldie. But the I look at the last bit -for neither can live while the other survives... , and I think that for example if the dementors give Voldie the kiss, then he'll be living, but not really living. But it still doesn't quite fit in with the prophecy, because Voldie would still survive, contradicting the prophecy. Plus, if either one would not kill the other, what would be the point of the prophecy?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.11%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.38%
Nope, not that interesting (110)
41.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed