Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm just gonna write down the prophecy-might help sort out my head!

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh monthdies... and the Dark Lord will matk him as equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... "

I guess the prop[hecy says that one must die at the hand of the other. This tells us that Harry has to kill Voldie. But the I look at the last bit -for neither can live while the other survives... , and I think that for example if the dementors give Voldie the kiss, then he'll be living, but not really living. But it still doesn't quite fit in with the prophecy, because Voldie would still survive, contradicting the prophecy. Plus, if either one would not kill the other, what would be the point of the prophecy?
    i agree but the prophecy might be twisted in some way... and there are probebly other ways of seeing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I kind of imaginmed it to be abit like when Harry spared Sirius and didn't kill him. I just can't imagine Neville killing anybody. I might be very wrong though!
    yeah but remember when he got all mad during potions and at quidditch? I don't think he could in his "normal" mentality, so something will have to drive him to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah but remember when he got all mad during potions and at quidditch? I don't think he could in his "normal" mentality, so something will have to drive him to do it.
    I think he will grow over the year because JkR is really building his charecter up and to leave him as a stupid idiot wouldnt do him justice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    I think he will grow over the year because JkR is really building his charecter up and to leave him as a stupid idiot wouldnt do him justice
    yes, i think he will either get very strong and live, or die in the next book. We are pretty sure he will become more powerful right? So he will become a huge help, but i have a feeling a will be killed soon. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, i am just typing without thinking

ReputationRep:
    yes, i think he will either get very strong and live, or die in the next book. We are pretty sure he will become more powerful right? So he will become a huge help, but i have a feeling a will be killed soon. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, i am just typing without thinking
    I AGREE SO MUCH i think he will kill that one person (im bad with names the one who did that to his parents )and then die afterword

ReputationRep:
    I AGREE SO MUCH i think he will kill that one person (im bad with names the one who did that to his parents )and then die afterword
    bellatrix, yeah either she will kill him or he will kill her, but one will die at the hands of the other, if i may borrow a quote

ReputationRep:
    bellatrix, yeah either she will kill him or he will kill her, but one will die at the hands of the other, if i may borrow a quote
    lol.....but for some reason i really think he will kill her because i mean its just so stupid for him to get all strong and all and then fail but i guess thats life

ReputationRep:
    lol.....but for some reason i really think he will kill her because i mean its just so stupid for him to get all strong and all and then fail but i guess thats life
    yeah i agree, but at the same time that seems kind of predictable.

ReputationRep:
    yeah jk always has some very strange twists (which makes the book awsume) so i bet something we cant even imagine will happen

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to have new members to this thread that post at a decent time of day.

ReputationRep:
    now xenon, c'mon. you know better than to say that harry has to kill voldie with me in the room. WRONG
    You know how i see it. Neville will eventually kill voldie. We've had this discussion before. marked does not mean scar. the prophecy could very well have said scarred him, not marked him. but it didn't.
    jest you wayt, henry higgins, jest you wayt!
    Man, that is such a good musical.
    Absolutely great.
    Have any arrangements been made to re-acquaint after the saga ends and see if our predictions were correct? If not, I have an idea. I think all interested members should write down their predictions and mail them to someone (I don't know who, and I live in the US while most of you don't) along with our uk learning username and an email address that we intend to keep. If that email address changes for an individual, that person can send in an "updated email address to the same person to whom the predictions were sent. After book 6 comes out, everyone should send in new predictions, and we should open them and notify everyone (via email) after book 7 comes out.
    Whaddaya think, folks?
    PR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR1)
    now xenon, c'mon. you know better than to say that harry has to kill voldie with me in the room. WRONG
    You know how i see it. Neville will eventually kill voldie. We've had this discussion before. marked does not mean scar. the prophecy could very well have said scarred him, not marked him. but it didn't.
    jest you wayt, henry higgins, jest you wayt!
    Man, that is such a good musical.
    Absolutely great.
    Have any arrangements been made to re-acquaint after the saga ends and see if our predictions were correct? If not, I have an idea. I think all interested members should write down their predictions and mail them to someone (I don't know who, and I live in the US while most of you don't) along with our uk learning username and an email address that we intend to keep. If that email address changes for an individual, that person can send in an "updated email address to the same person to whom the predictions were sent. After book 6 comes out, everyone should send in new predictions, and we should open them and notify everyone (via email) after book 7 comes out.
    Whaddaya think, folks?
    PR
    No Offence, but why do we have to do that, when all our theorys are already here. If we want to see if we are correct, we just re-read the thread.

ReputationRep:
    I still reckon that Neville will be the one to bring justice to Bellatrix. Maybe not by killing her, maybe by the dementor's kiss. J K Rowling is making his charcter stronger. He has more courage, and is better than he was before. Now why would she bring up his charcter like this, if he wouldn't have a specific role in the end.
    PR3-think of how pointless all the books would be if Neville killed Voldie. Sorry,. but I would not like to be J K Rowling, with all he complaints she would get, me included. Neville was emotionally scarred, but Harry was both physically and emotionally (you don't think that having your parents killed is pretty emotionally scarring?) scarred. Plus, Voldie didn't do the mental scarring for Neville, Bellatrix did, going against the prophecy. Personally, I'd hate for Neville to be the one to kill Voldie. He's ruining Harry's oppurtunity to get justice for Voldie making his life a misery. Neville hasn't lived his school years afraid that he's going to die now has he? Neville's job is to get justice for bellatrix, as Bellatrix actually took away his sanity. And trust me, Neville wouldn't get all that power to kill Voldie in 2 years. I don't think he would be more powerful than Harry in DADA, especially as Harry has had all that experience facing Voldie. It would be unfair for J K Rowling to pit Neville up against Voldie, as Neville would have had no experience against him, and it would be very very difficult for him to do anything to Voldie, especially with Voldie back to his old body.
    Sorry about the long post. I just wanted to post all my opinions about this. I feel pretty strongly about this subject.

ReputationRep:
    i suppose it is sort of predictable but it seems like the right thing to happen, although it is predictable for neville to kill bellatrix alot of HP fans including me, would be really glad! because its the right thing to happen and for neville to kill her would be great. Because we love HP, we feel nevilles pain about his parents and how he must want revenge, i would love it if he killed bellatrix and i really hope he does because it would make fantastic reading!

i hope this makes sense!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, a small question i need to know for my assignment opening scene. When Harry goes onto platform 9 3/4, is it a certain point in the wall, or is it all of the wall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Guys, a small question i need to know for my assignment opening scene. When Harry goes onto platform 9 3/4, is it a certain point in the wall, or is it all of the wall?
    from what i can remember it is all of the wall in between platforms nine and ten, suppose they must go aim for the centre of the wall though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm still haven't figured out the layout of the platforms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    i suppose it is sort of predictable but it seems like the right thing to happen, although it is predictable for neville to kill bellatrix alot of HP fans including me, would be really glad! because its the right thing to happen and for neville to kill her would be great. Because we love HP, we feel nevilles pain about his parents and how he must want revenge, i would love it if he killed bellatrix and i really hope he does because it would make fantastic reading!

i hope this makes sense!!
    Better predictable than unbelievable! I agree with you poowpoow, who wouldn't want Neville to beat Bellatrix to avenge his parents' sanity, and also, who wouldn't want Harry to defeat Voldie to avenge his parents' deaths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you go through the wall about 3/4 of the way from 9 to 10, get it?

Double name: Narcissa, Emmeline (Vance)- DOUBLE double name- Arabella Figg

Neville- give me a break- how stupid would it be to have 7 books called "Harry Potter and the" if Neville kills Voldie? Come on- However, I don't think Neville will kill Bellatrix- I think he will either accidentally do something that leads to her death, or hand her over to the ministry, or here's my pet theory- they are going to find a spell that takes away someone's magic- Neville could use it on Bella, Harry on Voldie- wouldn't life as a muggle be worse than death for Voldie? He would probably kill himself- which would keep Harry from becoming a murderer- or since he isn't much human anymore, just magic spells, maybe he would just dissolve away- ooh- I like that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Am not really sure, and I can't check it out, cos I lent my book to my friend. The miovie assumes that they go through the centre of the wall. Am not sure the book actually says how they go through the wall. I mean, harry ran through the wall first, then people leant through the wall, but I'm not sure the book tells us where in the wall they went through. But the centre would give you more space.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.