Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Neville- give me a break- how stupid would it be to have 7 books called "Harry Potter and the" if Neville kills Voldie? Come on- However, I don't think Neville will kill Bellatrix- I think he will either accidentally do something that leads to her death, or hand her over to the ministry, or here's my pet theory- they are going to find a spell that takes away someone's magic- Neville could use it on Bella, Harry on Voldie- wouldn't life as a muggle be worse than death for Voldie? He would probably kill himself- which would keep Harry from becoming a murderer- or since he isn't much human anymore, just magic spells, maybe he would just dissolve away- ooh- I like that one
    I think the whole thing is, how would all of these ideas fit in wth the prophecy. Maybe J K Rowling will find some way of preventing Harry from being a murderer. But to be honest, Harry is gonna save the whole of mankind, against someone who is out to kill him. Does the prophecy give him a choice? Also, I dunno about you, but I would like the whole battle scene! Knowing what will happen won't be exactly the same. We'd know that they intend to take away Voldie's powers, whereas if there was a huge battle, anything could happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I'm guessing you go through the wall about 3/4 of the way from 9 to 10, get it?

Double name: Narcissa, Emmeline (Vance)- DOUBLE double name- Arabella Figg
    I think that on the double double names they are looking for names where the same two letters are repeated in the first and last names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I think that on the double double names they are looking for names where the same two letters are repeated in the first and last names.
    Well, we found one more. Nice one Brooklyn!

ReputationRep:
    Xenon do you have the most gems now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Xenon do you have the most gems now?
    Nah, I'm pretty sure that Elpaw does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nah, I'm pretty sure that Elpaw does.
    Yea you ollie, adhsur and gemgem all have 9 and elpaw has 11

ReputationRep:
    These are some rumors going around dunno wot you all might think?
    -Hermione will be murdered by Voldemort.
    -Harry uses Hermione's time turner to meet his parents.
    -Sirius will come back from the veil and his case will be cleared.
    -The Hogshead bartender will turn out to be Dumbledore's Brother.
    -Snape's memory in OoP is one sided (how would he have known about James inscribing LE on his scrap paper?), and he pursued lily, and probably taunted the crew that day to ignite the spells. Lily probably had a major crush on James and did not loathe him, but Snape wanted to remember it that way.
    -Harry will use the time-turner to go back in time and spare Sirius' life.
    -Hermione, Ron, and VIKTOR! will be part of a love triangle.
    -Harry will be with Ginny, Cho Chang, or a mystery girl!
    -Dumbledore and McGonagall will retire and live together while Hermione becomes the first female headmistress.
    -Draco will help Harry to fight Voldemort.
    -Snape will fall in love with Fleur Delacour.
    -Ron will be an Auror.
    -Harry will get top marks on his NEWTS and plays professional Quidditch or become the DADA teacher.
    -Aunt Petunia and Mrs. Figg are witches.
    -Harry, Fred, and George will be able to play Quidditch again at Hogwarts.
    -We'll find more about how Lily hated James to marrying him.
    - There has been a rumour floating around the net on HP threads that Petunia Dursely is actually a Squib and will be discovered as such soon enough, obviously in the 6th or 7th book, as there is none after that.
    - JK Rowling was in a chat with someone and they asked why she didn't write another book after the 7th one and she replied: "How do you know he'll still be alive by then?"
    -There will be a secret connection between Lily Potter (lily evans) and Snape:
    severus snape=perseus evans
    -Aunt Petunia may get pregnant.
    -Harry may be tempted to go to the dark side.
    -The time turner could be used to bring Sirius back.
    -The veil could have been a portkey.
    -Petunia will question Harry about Voldemort behind the other Dursley's backs.
    -Ron may be with Hermione. Cho may be with Roger Davies.
    -Harry may be with Hermione.
    -Harry may develop a crush on Pavarti Patil.
    -Harry may be with Lavender Brown. Hagrid may die.
    -Dumbledore may be badly hurt.
    -Tonks could be the new DADA.
    -Dumbledore's brother could be the new DADA.
    -Dumbledore may teach Harry occulmency.
    -Snape will fall in love with Aunt Petunia.
    -Harry will be nearly expelled from Hogwarts.
    -There will be a chapter called "Lupin's Papers."
    -There will be a chapter called "Lovegood at Court."
    -Kreacher may find out about the death of Sirius and go to Narsissa to tell her whatever he wants.
    -Bellatrix and Harry will duel again.
    -The new DADA teacher will die halfway through the year.
    -Quirrel's brother will be the new DADA teacher.
    -Knockturn alley will be visited again.
    -Lupin may have to sacrifice himself to bring Sirius back to life.
    -Harry's pride becomes his fault in the 6th book.
    -Something very small in the 2nd book will be very important in the 6th book.
    There will be a war of Dark Creatures.
    -Lupin will be targeted by an obsessed werewolf hater.
    -The last sentence of the 7th book will be, "Harry, where's your scar?"

Book 6
    -It will be 1996 in correlation with the books.
    -Harry Potter celebrates his 16th year of life.
    - Harry discovers a torch that gives off a green flame that will restore good and exterminate anything evil.
    - Harry tries to kill Voldemort himself but is not successful.
    - Lupin may have a twin called Rhomulus (remember the Roman tale about Romulus and Remus and how they were raised by wolves?) and this twin might teach Defense Against the Dark Arts and will also be a werewolf.
    - A big secret about Snape will be revealed.
    - Harry might be the green flame torch: he has green eyes and he kills evil like when he put his hands on Quirrel.
    - We'll find out what Lily and James Potter did for a living and how they had that much money!
    - The Sorting Hat will be more important than we thought.
    - Mrs. Norris is an unregistered Animagi.
    - We will find out the twelve uses for dragon blood.
    - Peter Pettigrew will save Harry.
    - Lily Potter's green eyes will be important, as well as Harry's.
    - Snape might be a vampire. Numerous bat references to him through out the books. Long black swishing cloak, pale, black eyes, he's very intuitive and can sense without the aid of vision, he bares his teeth when he's angry. Vampires are a known topic in the Harry Potter Series, but we have never met an open one. Dark Arts are also often associated with Vampires in the Wizarding World. Snape is also associated with a Dark Arts background. Snape set the Werewolf essay, so pupils would get to know that Lupin was a werewolf. Directly afterwards, Lupin sets a vampire essay, and then mentions it in front of Snape. Also, in book 1... how is it that Quirrel called Snape (in front of the Mirror or Erised)? He called him an "overgrown BAT". And in book 4, chapter 29, when Harry, Hermione and Ron are disscussing the fact that Mr. Crouch had disappeared from the forest when Harry and Dumbledore had arrived and found Krum stunned, right after he (Harry) and Krum had found Mr. Crouch asking for Dumbledore, and Harry went for him but met Snape first, so Ron suggests that maybe Snape got there before Harry and Dumbledore to get rid of Mr. Crouch, and Harry answers him: "Not unless he can turn himself into a bat or something" Could this be a form of retaliation..?
    -We might find out why do Squibs always tend to have cats. The only two Squibs we know (Filch and Mrs. Figg) have cats that help them in different ways.
    -Professor Quirrell's brother becomes the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and nobody likes him, "not even Malfoy." Quirrell's brother supposedly has come for revenge on Harry.
    -Voldemort will still be around until the last book, since Harry reportedly tries to kill him and fails in Book 6.
    -Hermione may be injured in the hospital in this book and Harry & Ron go after Voldemort together.
    -In Book 6 Seamus Finnigan commits suicide after failing his OWLS.

Book 7
    -The name of the 7th book is Harry Potter and the Last Prophecy
    -It will be 1997 in correlation with the books.
    -Harry will either murder Voldemort or will be murdered by Voldemort
    -Harry and Draco will team up to try and defeat Voldemort because Voldemort kills Draco's dad Lucius because Lucius doesn't do something correct. But Harry and Draco will NOT become friends.
    -Harry Potter celebrates his 17th birthday.
    -Rumored title is Harry Potter and the Forest of Shadows
    -It is a fact, unless J. K. Rowling changes it, that the last word of the book is "scar." (She said in an online chat that she has already written the last chapter of this book.)
    -People are wondering if Harry Potter may pass into the wizarding world. That is to say, if he might even come of age - people are speculating that he may die! J. K. Rowling has even expressed interest in the fact that people believe he'll be alive for his eighteenth birthday. He may actually die.
    -J. K. Rowling alluded to the possibility that Severus Snape will be redeemed and might fall in love (or might have fallen in love).
    -Remus J. Lupin returns - this is supposedly confirmed by J. K. Rowling herself. He will have a bigger part here than in Book 5, also.
    -A VERY BIG revelation is made about Lily Potter - maybe that Voldemort is Harry's real father?
    -Hermione will most likely be named Head Girl
    -Harry might also become Head Boy.
    -Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy will not team up to fight an "evil force"
    -Magic can not bring people back to life, so there will be no live James or Lily Potter.
    -We find out J. K. Rowling's theory of why people can become ghosts in the series.
    -Peter Pettigrew returns.
    -Wormtail owes Harry for saving his life, so we'll see what happens there.
    -It may not be Harry, Ron, or Hermione who becomes a Hogwarts professor - actually, it could quite very well be Mr. Neville Longbottom! "Neville" means absent-minded professor. This also would make sense because Neville is very interested in Herbology...perhaps the Herbology Professor?"
    Some of these are pretty far-fetched, but others seem very realistic. The most believeable one is the one stating that there will be a Hermione-Ron-Victor love triangle. In an interview J.K.Rowling did (for Dateline) on the night that OOTP came out she hinted that there might be something between Ron and Hermione and looked thunderstruck when the interviewer ashed if there would be a romance between Harry and Hermione. She said that there would not be, just to clarify. No one knows what will happen in the books yet; I don't even think J.K. does, to be honest with you. We can only hope that Harry will NOT die and that there WILL be an unexpected 8th book to this world renound and beloved series.
    One other rumor I find prominent is one about Draco and Ginny. I have no clue why some believe tha a romance will soom blossom between the two, but you never know, right? Maybe a clich`e is in order here. How about: "You always hurt the ones you love," or "All is fair in love and war," or how about "Oposits attract?" Maybe it will be a Romeo-and-Juliet type of senario. You know, two families sworn to hatred and having their thoughts obscured with feelings of enmity; brought together only boy the love of their only children. I personally think that it will be Harry and Ginny (she's one of my favorite characters in the books, shame she's always left out of things). We are all, or so it seems, waiting desperately for the thoughts of one British woman who just had another child. We're all anxious and we won't know for sure how silly some of these rumors truely are until the next two (maybe three, keep your fingers crossed!) are published. Check back often, I'll keep this page updated as much as need be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly-ruby)
    -Hermione will be murdered by Voldemort. Could happen. I mean, anyone could die. If it was Ron or Hermione, Harry could lose it though.
    -Harry uses Hermione's time turner to meet his parents. Think there's no chance of that. Already been used. Using the time turner for something so big like that would have serious consequences.
    -Sirius will come back from the veil and his case will be cleared. I reckon that he could be cleared in a case, but he'll still be dead. He can then rest in peace with everyone knowing that he was innocent. Could happen in book 6 or 7. Sirius can't really be alive, else why would J K Rowling cry over his death.
    -The Hogshead bartender will turn out to be Dumbledore's Brother. Could be. Appears to have similar description to hisbrother. For the truth and what part he would play, we'll have to see.
    -Snape's memory in OoP is one sided (how would he have known about James inscribing LE on his scrap paper?), and he pursued lily, and probably taunted the crew that day to ignite the spells. Lily probably had a major crush on James and did not loathe him, but Snape wanted to remember it that way. Anything could be true. Snape could have had a crush n Lily, hence his hatred for James. We don't really know much about Snape's past, and we don't know how Lily and James got together. HURRY UP J K ROWLING, SO WE CAN FIND OUT!!!
    -Harry will use the time-turner to go back in time and spare Sirius' life. Already done-J K Rowling doesn't do things twice. Too many people around, therefore they could loswe their heads. Not very good for the order.
    -Hermione, Ron, and VIKTOR! will be part of a love triangle. Interesting. Hopefully J K Rowling won't spend too much time together. Hermione and Krum would be a long-distance relationship, and I still think that Ron would be better suited for her than Krum.
    -Harry will be with Ginny, Cho Chang, or a mystery girl! No way will Cho Chang remain in the picture. Ginny-maybe. People are saying because of her red hair being like Lily's. Could be a totally different person-who knows.
    -Dumbledore and McGonagall will retire and live together while Hermione becomes the first female headmistress. Hermione could be headmistress, she certainly is good enough. Not sure Dumbledore will live to be able to live out a happy retirement. I don't want McvGonnagal to die though. I would like to find out a bit about the teachers' lives e.g are they married etc.
    -Draco will help Harry to fight Voldemort. Question is, will Draco remain evil, or turn to the good side. Other important thing is what would cause this. J K Rowling is not giving away much.
    -Snape will fall in love with Fleur Delacour. No way! But we might see more of Fleur maybe as a teacher or a trainee or something.
    -Ron will be an Auror. I'm sure that he wants to, but will he get the grades?
    -Harry will get top marks on his NEWTS and plays professional Quidditch or become the DADA teacher. Will Harry get enough time to concentrate enough to get really good grades? Harry is good at DADA so he would be good enough to be the teacher. He could be an auror, but he might want a break from all that. I'd love for him to be a pro quidditch player. e deserves to do a job as fun as that after all he's been through.
    -Aunt Petunia and Mrs. Figg are witches. Figg is a squib. I dunno about Petunia, but one thing's for sure, she knows more about the wizarding world than she's admitting.
    -Harry, Fred, and George will be able to play Quidditch again at Hogwarts.Harry-yes. Fred and George will probably start up and run their own wizarding jok store and take part in the order-so they probably won't
    -We'll find more about how Lily hated James to marrying him. I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that Hermnione can die. If JKR killed her off she would be alienating a lot of young female fans and the books would become very masculine.

I think this is very likely. From reading the description of him in OotP it sound similar to Dumbledore. Also the smell of goats is mentioned in the bar (Aberforth was accused of practicing inappropriate charms on goats) and Harry says he looks familiar (Harry had seen him in the photo of the original Order

-Dumbledore and McGonagall will retire and live together while Hermione becomes the first female headmistress.
    Theres already been at least one female headmistress. I think her name was Dilys Derwent. The one that was a healer at St Mungos and went to the hospital to check Arthur had arrived once he'd been attacked.

As Xenon said, the time will come when Malfoy has to choose where his aligance lies

Mrs Figg can't be a witch, she's a squib. Why would she pretend to have no magical powers.

Fred and George have left school so they definately won't be playing Quidditch there again. Theres always the possibility that they could go pro, but I think they'll be concentrating on their joke shop. Harry will definatley play again. I he does become the captain JKR will be recieving a strongly worded letter of complaint!

I don't even want to consider the thought of Vernon and Petunia having sex! So wrong!

He can't even read so its unlikely that he could be a teacher

JKR has said this on a couple of occasions. Apparently noone realised how dark CoS is. I'll repeat my suggestion, watch the film again. What ever this small important thing is it will have had to be included in it otherwise the final films won't make sence if/when they're made

Book 6
    - Harry discovers a torch that gives off a green flame that will restore good and exterminate anything evil.
    Not convinced by this. It would defeat the purpose of the 7th bookand would seem a bit lame.

- We'll find out what Lily and James Potter did for a living and how they had that much money!
    I really hope so! I'm desperate to know if my theory that they were teachers is right!

- Snape might be a vampire.
    NO NO NO! JKR dismossed this rumour in her recent interview

I'm against people committing suicide in childrens books as it is technically a crime. Theres also no need for it. If JKR wants to kill off a character there are plenty of magical ways to do it.

Book 7
    -A VERY BIG revelation is made about Lily Potter - maybe that Voldemort is Harry's real father?
    Nope, again, JKR said in her recent webchat that Voldemort didn't have any children.

Well they're my opinions anyway. What do other people think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Better predictable than unbelievable! I agree with you poowpoow, who wouldn't want Neville to beat Bellatrix to avenge his parents' sanity, and also, who wouldn't want Harry to defeat Voldie to avenge his parents' deaths.
    I agree wouldnt it be a little pointless for it to end up being neville who kills voldamort (sorry if im spelling theings wrong) i mean why did we read all these books about harry potter and his adventures and struggles if in the end neville kills voldemort its just not going to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I don't think that Hermnione can die. If JKR killed her off she would be alienating a lot of young female fans and the books would become very masculine.

I think this is very likely. From reading the description of him in OotP it sound similar to Dumbledore. Also the smell of goats is mentioned in the bar (Aberforth was accused of practicing inappropriate charms on goats) and Harry says he looks familiar (Harry had seen him in the photo of the original Order

Theres already been at least one female headmistress. I think her name was Dilys Derwent. The one that was a healer at St Mungos and went to the hospital to check Arthur had arrived once he'd been attacked.

As Xenon said, the time will come when Malfoy has to choose where his aligance lies

Mrs Figg can't be a witch, she's a squib. Why would she pretend to have no magical powers.

Fred and George have left school so they definately won't be playing Quidditch there again. Theres always the possibility that they could go pro, but I think they'll be concentrating on their joke shop. Harry will definatley play again. I he does become the captain JKR will be recieving a strongly worded letter of complaint!

I don't even want to consider the thought of Vernon and Petunia having sex! So wrong!

He can't even read so its unlikely that he could be a teacher

JKR has said this on a couple of occasions. Apparently noone realised how dark CoS is. I'll repeat my suggestion, watch the film again. What ever this small important thing is it will have had to be included in it otherwise the final films won't make sence if/when they're made

Book 6
    Not convinced by this. It would defeat the purpose of the 7th bookand would seem a bit lame.

I really hope so! I'm desperate to know if my theory that they were teachers is right!

- Snape might be a vampire.
    NO NO NO! JKR dismossed this rumour in her recent interview

I'm against people committing suicide in childrens books as it is technically a crime. Theres also no need for it. If JKR wants to kill off a character there are plenty of magical ways to do it.

Book 7
    Nope, again, JKR said in her recent webchat that Voldemort didn't have any children.

Well they're my opinions anyway. What do other people think?
    yeah u are right some of the rumors dont make any since but some of them we should think about

ReputationRep:

Did you copy and paste this right from another site. If so you might want to give credit so that someone doesn't sue you.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. I'm thinking about the dark aspects of book 2. The main ones are the fact that the Balarog petrified students and Miss Noris, and that a student was sort of possessed by Voldie, or Tom Riddle I guess. The darkest of the 2 is definitely the possession of Ginny. But then, that pasrt wasn't really small. What about the fact that so few students supported him when they suspected that he was heir of slytherin. Oh I dunno; I'm confused about what the small part could be. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm. I'm thinking about the dark aspects of book 2. The main ones are the fact that the Balarog petrified students and Miss Noris, and that a student was sort of possessed by Voldie, or Tom Riddle I guess. The darkest of the 2 is definitely the possession of Ginny. But then, that pasrt wasn't really small. What about the fact that so few students supported him when they suspected that he was heir of slytherin. Oh I dunno; I'm confused about what the small part could be. :confused:
    I dontknow did she saay something would come from the chamber or something that happend in the chamber would be important?

ReputationRep:
    good lord, sparkly-ruby and ditzy blonde take the cake for long posts lately, wait, no xenon does. Sparkley ruby copyed and pasted, i'll assume, and xenons was a little lnoger then ditzy blondes. I was jsut about to post something about everyones posts getting shorter, but nevermind. I personally would HATE it if the books were really about neville, it would be worse then the whole thing bieng a dream. I wonder if those papers his mom gave him have any meaning.... it would be very odd if they did. I keep forgetting about neville's plant, it must be good for something, but i doubt it will heal neville's parents, as someone else would have thought of it before it feel into the hands of neville, unless it takes a lot of school to umm use it i guess, but thats what sprout is for right? Hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    good lord, sparkly-ruby and ditzy blonde take the cake for long posts lately, wait, no xenon does. Sparkley ruby copyed and pasted, i'll assume, and xenons was a little lnoger then ditzy blondes. I was jsut about to post something about everyones posts getting shorter, but nevermind. I personally would HATE it if the books were really about neville, it would be worse then the whole thing bieng a dream. I wonder if those papers his mom gave him have any meaning.... it would be very odd if they did. I keep forgetting about neville's plant, it must be good for something, but i doubt it will heal neville's parents, as someone else would have thought of it before it feel into the hands of neville, unless it takes a lot of school to umm use it i guess, but thats what sprout is for right? Hmmmm
    I was thinking of going through every rumour on that list, but I wasn't sure the post could take it, and the server kept playing up. Might continue with it sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I keep forgetting about neville's plant, it must be good for something, but i doubt it will heal neville's parents, as someone else would have thought of it before it feel into the hands of neville, unless it takes a lot of school to umm use it i guess, but thats what sprout is for right? Hmmmm
    I sort of like the idea about neville discovering a cure for his parents using the plant. I mean, he enjoys herbology, so maybe he might take up something like research of new medicines from plants and discover the cure.

ReputationRep:
    - JK Rowling was in a chat with someone and they asked why she didn't write another book after the 7th one and she replied: "How do you know he'll still be alive by then?" This was what lead me to start up this thread in the first place.
    -Harry may be tempted to go to the dark side. Nah, it's not star wars!
    -The time turner could be used to bring Sirius back. Nope again
    -The veil could have been a portkey. Portkey to where? The guy is dead! J K Rowling said that she put that scene in to show how sudden death can sometimes be.
    -Petunia will question Harry about Voldemort behind the other Dursley's backs.Well, hopefully she will tell Harry some stuff about the past, and what she knows about Voldie, the wizarding world etc.
    -Ron may be with Hermione. Cho may be with Roger Davies.Ron + Hermione could happen. There have been hints about it. Would make sense. Cho + Davies-I don't really care.
    Hagrid may die.He's come close. I don't actually think that he is favourite to die, though could do. I dunno about you guys, but I really like his character.
    -Dumbledore may be badly hurt.Or killed!
    -Tonks could be the new DADA.I like her charceter. Her being DADA teacher would mean that we'd see her more often. But could the order afford to have her out of action?
    -Dumbledore may teach Harry occulmency.Harry would respond to him better. Or maybe it could be a good chance for Snape and Harry to sort out their differences.
    -Bellatrix and Harry will duel again.I reckon that eventually it will be Neville and Bellatrix duelling.
    Ok, just realised how pointless it is to respond to all of these, as many are a bit silly, so later, I'll opnly do a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ok, just realised how pointless it is to respond to all of these, as many are a bit silly, so later, I'll opnly do a few.
    I agree some of them are to rediculas to even think about.............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    No Offence, but why do we have to do that, when all our theorys are already here. If we want to see if we are correct, we just re-read the thread.
    Do you know where you'll be in 4 years? I don't. Do you know where this forum will be then, either? I don't. But, hey, no one seemed to like the idea anyway, so it's dead in the water.

BTW, Brooklyn, Well Done! That was what I was looking for. So, that makes three.

BUT, she's not a wizard, and therefore not exactly what I was looking for. In any event, it was good hunting, wasn't it?

PR

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.