Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    I think Egan1's idea about makeing up spells was quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I think Egan1's idea about makeing up spells was quite interesting.
    Yeah, but am not sure it will be used. Would be very much advanced, but hasn't been mentioned in any of the previous books. I wonder who invented the spells they teach at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, but am not sure it will be used. Would be very much advanced, but hasn't been mentioned in any of the previous books. I wonder who invented the spells they teach at school.
    Maybe there is some small reference to original spells in the second book?

ReputationRep:
    good lord egan, thats one of the longest posts i have ever seen!

Pierre Bonaccord
    Emma Dobbs
    Glynnis Griffiths
    Geoffrey Hooper
    Elladora Ketteridge
    Goodwin Kneen
    Gifford Ollerton
    Mirabella Plunkett
    Thadeus Thurkell
    Sacharissa Tugwood

i dont recall any of them! Here's our new job, who are they and what did they do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)

Pierre Bonaccord
    Emma Dobbs
    Glynnis Griffiths
    Geoffrey Hooper
    Elladora Ketteridge
    Goodwin Kneen
    Gifford Ollerton
    Mirabella Plunkett
    Thadeus Thurkell
    Sacharissa Tugwood

i dont recall any of them! Here's our new job, who are they and what did they do?
    I agree we should all look for them in the books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    I agree we should all look for them in the books
    indeed, can someone please give me the lexicion site again?

ReputationRep:
    The last 2 pages have been full of long posts. I guess we decided that that was needed and that you guys needed more to read.

16 votesleft to reach 1000 guys. Man, slowly, it's been getting there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Percy read "Prefects who gain power"
    I quite like the thought that Percy might go over to the other side, and I figured its highly likely that someone close to Harry would join Voldemort. I don't think Percy would do it deliberately though, the way I'm imagining it some Deatheater offers Percy the oppotunity to gain a bit of power and he ends up getting in way over his head.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i like the idea that percy might get caught up in it all just for some power, it seems quite likely!
    i was thinking last night about the little bit in book 2 that was important and how it would have had to be left in the film for the others to make sense. and i remembered at the end of the CoS when harry sets dobby free from lucius malfoy, harry says something about voldemort to him and lucius gets his wand out and says "Avada....." but then gets cut off by dobby who says "u shall not hurt harry potter" and blasts malfoy away. does anyone else remember lucius almost killing harry?
    pretty sure that that isnt the clue cos every1 already knows malfoy is evil, but it was just a small, and quite important bit of the CoS film that nobody had mentioned. i love the percy idea though, i cant even remember him reading "prefects that gained power"!!

ReputationRep:

Pierre Bonaccord
    Emma Dobbs Book 4 pg. 179 "Harry looked away, staring very hard at the Sorting Hat, now sorting Emma Dobbs."
    Glynnis Griffiths
    Geoffrey Hooper
    Elladora Ketteridge
    Goodwin Kneen
    Gifford Ollerton
    Mirabella Plunkett
    Thadeus Thurkell
    Sacharissa Tugwood

I noticed that when sorting there is always at least one person with double letters in their for example Rose Zellar in book 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    yeah i like the idea that percy might get caught up in it all just for some power, it seems quite likely!
    i was thinking last night about the little bit in book 2 that was important and how it would have had to be left in the film for the others to make sense. and i remembered at the end of the CoS when harry sets dobby free from lucius malfoy, harry says something about voldemort to him and lucius gets his wand out and says "Avada....." but then gets cut off by dobby who says "u shall not hurt harry potter" and blasts malfoy away. does anyone else remember lucius almost killing harry?
    pretty sure that that isnt the clue cos every1 already knows malfoy is evil, but it was just a small, and quite important bit of the CoS film that nobody had mentioned. i love the percy idea though, i cant even remember him reading "prefects that gained power"!!
    It think Lucius might have only tried to curse Harry in the film. Not 100% sure though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I noticed that when sorting there is always at least one person with double letters in their for example Rose Zellar in book 5.
    YOu guys pay so much attention all that stuff goes right over my head even after reading each book like 3 times

ReputationRep:
    the thing is i dont try to remember all the interesting facts, i just discover that i know them, prob cos i constantly read the books whenever im bored, sad that i am!

ReputationRep:
    YOu guys pay so much attention all that stuff goes right over my head even after reading each book like 3 times
    I only noticed that because i was looking for who those people were and i figured that they were characters that had only been mentioned at the sorting. An interesting question would be if there is only one person with double letters per grade. That would for sure tell us if there is any significance to it.

ReputationRep:
    There are some odd bits which sometimes stick out in your head. Sometimes, you might just pick up on something when reading HP. For example, I picked up on that triumphant gleam in Dumbledore's eye when I read book 4, but some people didn't notice it too much. Gta admit, didn't notice the double letter thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I picked up on that triumphant gleam in Dumbledore's eye when I read book 4,
    Yeah, that's definately something that stuck out when I read it. Niggles at me a lot, [suspicious, suspicious].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yeah, that's definately something that stuck out when I read it. Niggles at me a lot, [suspicious, suspicious].
    Wasn't J K Rowling asked that question, and it seemed from her answer that there might be something important there (something like "you'll just have to wait and see" or another of her mysterious answers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    There are some odd bits which sometimes stick out in your head. Sometimes, you might just pick up on something when reading HP. For example, I picked up on that triumphant gleam in Dumbledore's eye when I read book 4, but some people didn't notice it too much. Gta admit, didn't notice the double letter thing.
    And the great thing about this thread is if theres something one persons missed chances are someone else will have picked up on it. I reckon between us we've spotted all the little clues and stuff. Like MArk Evans, I hadn't spotted it the first time round then when I re-read it it was so obvious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    And the great thing about this thread is if theres something one persons missed chances are someone else will have picked up on it. I reckon between us we've spotted all the little clues and stuff. Like MArk Evans, I hadn't spotted it the first time round then when I re-read it it was so obvious!
    I wonder when Harry will meet Mark again, or realise his what his surname is. Then it will be time for questions. And I have a feeling that that's where Petunia comes in, so hopefully we'll get info about her and Mark then.
    You've changed your avatar Ditzy! Will take a bit of getting used to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder when Harry will meet Mark again, or realise his what his surname is. Then it will be time for questions. And I have a feeling that that's where Petunia comes in, so hopefully we'll get info about her and Mark then.
    You've changed your avatar Ditzy! Will take a bit of getting used to.
    Hopefully it'll be at the sorting of the new students at the latest. Assuming that Mark Evans is important then he'll show up at Hogwarts so if nothing happens before they reach Hogwarts then Harry should recognise him during the sorting.

I got a bit bored of my old avatar and found a great site with hundreds of really cool ones all ready to be used. So cool! I've got a couple mmore lined up for next time I get bored!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.