Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't think that she'd really change the story though. I mean she has the whole story planned out. I think she likes the impact her stories have on people, and the fact that her books give people so much enjoyment. She's probably curious to see how much we can guess anywhere near acurately.
    My thought was that Petunia and Lily's parents were killed by Voldie too. Is Harry's uncle just plain prejudiced then, if he has no reason to hate magic.
    I dont know he is a jerk but maybe it is something that happend with the whole family there if dudley remembers it.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    I dont know he is a jerk but maybe it is something that happend with the whole family there if dudley remembers it.......
    Yes, he is def. a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Yes, he is def. a jerk.
    yeah i agree but i still think he has to have a additional reason to hate the magic world and if something happend to them that dudley saw (and then again when the dementor came) Vernon must have been there 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    yeah i agree but i still think he has to have a additional reason to hate the magic world and if something happend to them that dudley saw (and then again when the dementor came) Vernon must have been there 2
    besides sprouting a pig tail?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think it had to be something much worse then that if its what he saw when the dementors came i know it would have sucked if it happend to me but i dont think it would be the worst moment of my life (like harrys parents dying that is much worse)

ReputationRep:
    heres a topic of conversation: What would you see if a dementor came at you?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya SiriusFan (sorry couldn't resist). Any word on Book Six yet? I don't want to read though a hundred pages (that's the last time I got caught up).

Thanks,

PTG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Is Harry's uncle just plain prejudiced then, if he has no reason to hate magic.
    Thats what i always thought. He just hated them. Like in the slave trade, people hated black people for no reason at all.

ReputationRep:
    heres a topic of conversation: What would you see if a dementor came at you?
    Thats sort of when we discuessed "What would you see if you saw a boggert", only the dementor forces you to relive the worse memeries of your life.

ReputationRep:
    One more thing.

Did anyone watch Room 101 last night. It was the one with Linda Smith. And she put in adults who read Harry Potter and people who read LOTR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    One more thing.

Did anyone watch Room 101 last night. It was the one with Linda Smith. And she put in adults who read Harry Potter and people who read LOTR.
    yeah ive seen that one before, silly woman! even JkR said that when she first had the idea for the Harry Potter books they werent intended to be childrens books at all!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thining of the way Dudley reacted to the dementor attack. Went all shaky and ended up throwing up. His reaction was almost as bad as Harry's first encounter. It just makes me think he could have been reliving something much worse than the embarrassment of having a pigs tail.

I don't know what I'd see. I think I've had a pretty easy life in general. Nothing too traumatic! I think my boggart would be a burglar though. (I know I've said it on many occassions, damn burglars terrify me!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'm thining of the way Dudley reacted to the dementor attack. Went all shaky and ended up throwing up. His reaction was almost as bad as Harry's first encounter. It just makes me think he could have been reliving something much worse than the embarrassment of having a pigs tail.

I don't know what I'd see. I think I've had a pretty easy life in general. Nothing too traumatic! I think my boggart would be a burglar though. (I know I've said it on many occassions, damn burglars terrify me!)
    I agree with you.

Maybe Dudley had been there when Harry got attacked.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that dudley might have the potential to do magic but his parents didn't let him go to hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I agree with you.

Maybe Dudley had been there when Harry got attacked.
    At Godric's Hollow? Nah, if he was there, then there would be little chance of him not making a noise and getting killed by Voldie. Plus, he would have been too young to be curious enough to check out the scene. Maybe the even does involve the grandparents, affecting the whole family. Maybe this was before Harry came to lve with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Is it possible that dudley might have the potential to do magic but his parents didn't let him go to hogwarts.
    He would have done some sort of accidental magic if this was so. Surely Harry would have suspected something, but there had been no sign of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    And can you imagine Dudley keeping quiet about about not being alolowed to go, he would have kicked up such a stink!

ReputationRep:
    And can you imagine Dudley keeping quiet about about not being alolowed to go, he would have kicked up such a stink!
    Add to the fact that Dugley would have been sent a letter at the same time as Harry asking him to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Add to the fact that Dugley would have been sent a letter at the same time as Harry asking him to go.
    yep, I think we can rule out that theory. But I think its possible that their grandparents deaths are relevant

ReputationRep:
    yep, I think we can rule out that theory. But I think its possible that their grandparents deaths are relevant
    I don't think so though. JK said in that interveiw that we will learn about Harrys grandparents, but it isn't really that revenant.

There are two characters i wish could have entered the books, but disappeared. One being the famous Weasley Cousin, and the second being Herimonies little sister.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.