Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

(Original post by SiriusFan)
    Let's take a poll: All desires aside, Is sirius dead or alive?
    I hope he's alive

CR3 lol
    anyway, i may be the only person who took it this way, but i thought AFTER the curse volde was reduced to half life, but now i think, he has returned to "full" life

Glad to see membership on the upswing.....

Hey, if harry dies, how do u think it will happen? Will it be as simple as the killing curse, or something more complex?
    No because he won't die ever....I hope.

(Original post by Lakenavy)
    Before my prediction for Harry, I must say sorry to Harry's life. Harry has no choice before his born. The prophecy decides his destiny, oh! Too sad.

The following are what I guess:
    1. Harry realizes he could not hide from Voldemort, that is his fate to destroy the Dark Lord otherwise he will get kill. I think Harry will seriously learn the unforgivable curse and fight back though he do not want to kill people.
    2. Harry will learn the Occlumency in Year 6 from Prof. Dumbledore.
    3. Harry will play Quidditch with Ginny and Ron for sure.
    4. Harry may turn down any dating with other girls or even Herminone because he knows he may die in the near future.
    5. Harry may retake the exam of History of Magic in OWL.
    6. Harry will learn more about the love story of his dad, mum and Prof. Snape.
    7. More people will die.
    8. In the end, Harry will say a final curse that even sacrifices himself to destroy Voldemort and save the magic world in peace.
    9. Harry's scar will vanish when Voldemort disappearred.

Love to hear your views.
    Harry can't take O.W.L.'s again

ReputationRep:
    sry to go off topic, but i am gonig on vaca, but i might be able to post, but if i can't, i have not left the thread, i will be back

(Original post by Xenon)
    I don't think that J K Rowling will use the storyline of Dumbledore being forced to leave Hogwarts again, because she doen't seem to like repeating things. Though using a pensieve to reveal secrets would be pretty good, unless there's somethig else to reveal past memories or secrets.
    It sound's like a good idea finding out through the peseive, but he already found out things from it why not try something else?

(Original post by Xenon)
    That clever little idiot!
    I think when he was told out that he went to the Malfoy's to spy and say everything he knows. Since The Malfoy's are related to him, it was all right for him to tell them things. Since house elves aren't allowed to tell secrets about family to people who aren't family, so it would have been all right to do that.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    I hope he's alive
    He's probably dead though

CR3 lol
    anyway, i may be the only person who took it this way, but i thought AFTER the curse volde was reduced to half life, but now i think, he has returned to "full" life

Glad to see membership on the upswing.....

Hey, if harry dies, how do u think it will happen? Will it be as simple as the killing curse, or something more complex?
    Of course he's at full life haven't you read books 4 & 5?

(Original post by Xenon)
    Does it actually say in the book which position James played in Quidditch. I haven't got book 1 on me so I don't know if it says it there or not. the books always compare Harry's flying ability with his dad's though. I guess if James was messing around with a snitch, then he would probably be a seeker. I mean, I don't think that it's too easy to catch a snitch, so practicing with one without having played seeker might be a little difficult. But then what would I or anyone else know about that. But has James' position been mentioned in any of the previous books?
    Yes James Potter was a seeker.

maybe, and remember this is just speculation, after voldemort is destroyed (if ever) all the people's lives he's taken will be returned to them

this post has been merged -ollie
    No the lives won't because there might not be bodies (Lily and James for example).

since their wand feathers are twins, and they cannot duel each other, harry will kill voldemort the muggle way, a good 'ol cap in the ass
    Harry might kill him with The Sword of Griffendor

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, more posters, more posters. Keep it up everyone. I was also thinking that Voldemort could be killed by the sword of gryffindor, as when duelling, the wands can't really go up against each other. Unless of course HArry takes Voldie's wand away from him.
    I hope Harry does NOT die, but if he does die, it could be by a poison like someone mentioned before, or through the link connecting the 2 or something. There could be many possibilities.
    Siriusfan might be gone for a while, and will be missed, as he has been a regular poster on this thread. Have a great holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, more posters, more posters. Keep it up everyone.
    Sorry Xenon but I think all the 'guests' above were probbly the same person...*sigh*...ah well
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I was also thinking that Voldemort could be killed by the sword of gryffindor, as when duelling, the wands can't really go up against each other. Unless of course HArry takes Voldie's wand away from him.
    I liked the idea that Voldemort would be killed by some muggle contraption...or perhaps a saucepan over the head would do the trick?
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope Harry does NOT die, but if he does die, it could be by a poison like someone mentioned before, or through the link connecting the 2 or something.
    I hope he doesn't die through poisoning- it just seems a bit of a weak death really- we need something dramatic!
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Siriusfan might be gone for a while, and will be missed, as he has been a regular poster on this thread. Have a great holiday!
    Yes indeedy- Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Sorry Xenon but I think all the 'guests' above were probbly the same person...*sigh*...ah well
    Ph whoops didn't notice the fact that it said Guest underneath.

ReputationRep:
    I must have missed it somewhere, but why wouldnt the wands be able to go up against each other? They went up against each other in book 4.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I must have missed it somewhere, but why wouldnt the wands be able to go up against each other? They went up against each other in book 4.....
    Well they did but they didn't really work properly- that whole shuddery light thing happened...

ReputationRep:
    Ok folks, I finally decided to register. Here I am.

"Everyone must believe in something.....
    .....I believe I will have another beer"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    The two wands are made out of the same feather. Therefore, when duelling, they won't go up against each other. However, when forced to fight, the 2 will battle and that Priori Incantum? thing will occur. For a longer explanation, check out Dumbledore's in book 4 when talking to Sirius and Harry.
    And welcome Peter!

Hey has anyone noticed that Dumbledore's scar, (Philosopher's Stone Chapter 1), which is a "perfect map of the London Underground, may be a reference to Gringotts. (Gringotts is located in the London Underground). Just a suggestion.

When anyone drinks unicorn blood, they are said to have a "cursed life". Combine that with the potion Voldie used, in which he took Harry's blood, Dumbledore's look of triumph (if anyone knows about blood its Dumbledore, 12 uses of Dragons blood), the fact that wormtail may be harry's "servant" by the deep magical bond (Dumbledore, the time may come when you will be very glad you have saved Wormtail's life). With all these factors, we get the feeling that these ma contribute to Voldie's downfall. That the potion will backfire. Hence Dumbledore's look of triumph. He couldn't share this with Harry in case Voldie found out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone noticed that Dumbledore's scar, (Philosopher's Stone Chapter 1), which is a "perfect map of the London Underground, may be a reference to Gringotts. (Gringotts is located in the London Underground). Just a suggestion.
    Hmmmmm! Had totaly forgotten about that. maybe that will comr in handy sometime. Like I've said loads of times, J K Rowling doesn't usually mention something for no reason.
    Yup, Wormtail's still got a debt to pay off, but still unsure about whether Dumbledore's look or triumph is about that. I guess loads of people are saying that Dumbledore could be evil, but J K Rowling will probably do something unexpected.
    Unregistered, why don't you register?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.