The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I don't think so though. JK said in that interveiw that we will learn about Harrys grandparents, but it isn't really that revenant.

There are two characters i wish could have entered the books, but disappeared. One being the famous Weasley Cousin, and the second being Herimonies little sister.
That would have been great! I'd have loved Hermione to have a little sister, maybe one that was the complete opposite, all lazy and disorganised!
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
That would have been great! I'd have loved Hermione to have a little sister, maybe one that was the complete opposite, all lazy and disorganised!
You mean like Bill & Percy are oppisites.

Bill = Cool
Percy = Nerd.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
erg! I kept trying to post all day yesterday but the server was ALWAYS busy!

Let me try to catch up-
all those names on my list no one recognized- I got them from the lexicon- some are one line mentions- alot are from Chocolate Frog cards- (which I still think have some sort of trick we haven't heard of yet)- apparently somewhere, they released chocolate frog cards which were approved by JKR- which means they are accurate- also alot from QttA

Dudley Demented- I'm guessing the pig's tail is on there, maybe the short period of time after Harry left before he went to school? (I'm guessing he felt left out)- maybe something at school? Maybe the time he was chasing Harry and Harry dissappeared in front of him and ended up on the roof?

Us Demented- I'd rather not relive my worst memories for the thread, thanks- I live in NYC after all- but its an interesting question to ponder- if you had to relive all the worst parts of your life, would you be able to fight back? Makes me think Harry is even stronger than I thought....

What shape do you think Dumbledore's Patronus takes? I'm guessing a Phoenix....
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
What shape do you think Dumbledore's Patronus takes? I'm guessing a Phoenix....
I'm not sure if you can have magical creature Patronus's. So far everyone seems to have had an normal animal. Examples are Harrys stag and Hermonies otter.And it would seem that they reflect the persons personality. So Dumbledore might have an owl Patronus
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Ah, thats a bit harsh, getting Geogger's hopes up then dashing them as quickly, it was a good try, maybe Geogger could get junior membership or something for trying hard!
*might sulk now*
ah well... you never know
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I haven't read any of the books (or any of this thread for that matter) but I thought I would contribute. I went to visit my nan at the weekend (only see her a couple of times a year) and there was a Harry Potter book on the shelf so I asked her who it was for and she very matter-of-factly said "mine, of course, I've read them all". Then she carried on pottering (he-HE) about the house whilst I was sat on the sofa with my mouth w ide open.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I haven't read any of the books (or any of this thread for that matter) but I thought I would contribute. I went to visit my nan at the weekend (only see her a couple of times a year) and there was a Harry Potter book on the shelf so I asked her who it was for and she very matter-of-factly said "mine, of course, I've read them all". Then she carried on pottering (he-HE) about the house whilst I was sat on the sofa with my mouth w ide open.
I rather like your nan. That's one cool nan. Just goes to show that Harry Potter is enjoyed by many people, no matter what age.
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
*might sulk now*
ah well... you never know
oh well u brought a point up that hadnt been discussed before....which is a triumph in itself on this thread!!
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by poowpoow)
oh well u brought a point up that hadnt been discussed before....which is a triumph in itself on this thread!!
Thank you! I'll try to contribute again soon!
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
At Godric's Hollow? Nah, if he was there, then there would be little chance of him not making a noise and getting killed by Voldie. Plus, he would have been too young to be curious enough to check out the scene. Maybe the even does involve the grandparents, affecting the whole family. Maybe this was before Harry came to lve with them
yeah that is what im saying it must have been something that effected the whole family and thats why they hate wizards so much
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
It's wicked to see so many new posters on this thread. If you guys keep on posting regularly here, you'll become a household name (at least to viewers over here), and you will definitely be one of the club.

Btw, have you new users voted on the poll yet? Cos we only need 12 more votes on it to reach a massive 1000 votes.
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
It's wicked to see so many new posters on this thread. If you guys keep on posting regularly here, you'll become a household name (at least to viewers over here), and you will definitely be one of the club.

Btw, have you new users voted on the poll yet? Cos we only need 12 more votes on it to reach a massive 1000 votes.
Im preety new (but i dont know if u are talking to me) and yes i have voted if u are
Shaft
Report 14 years ago
It was ages ago that I brought up the topic about the latest trailer, and I was just wondering if we have established what is the creature that screams at the girl when she goes round for room service?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)

am i in the club :confused: Hello Peter. I hope harry buys a phoenix in the nest books, that would be excellent.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. I was kidding. If it makes you feel any better you're a member of the club just for not being a Harry Potter hater.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
anyone know what my new avatar is?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
anyone know what my new avatar is?
Godric Gryffindor's sword that harry pulls out of the sorting hat.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
am i in the club :confused: Hello Peter. I hope harry buys a phoenix in the nest books, that would be excellent.
Course your in the club. I think all the regular posters are!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Shaft)
It was ages ago that I brought up the topic about the latest trailer, and I was just wondering if we have established what is the creature that screams at the girl when she goes round for room service?
Ok, I so haven't seen the new trailers, stupid computers too slow to run them. Can anyone enlighten me?
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Phoenix would be very expensive if you could buy them, and Harry needs his small fortune to buy books and that. If he was going to get one, i reckon he would get Fawkes.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads