Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Course your in the club. I think all the regular posters are!
    Does that mean that i'm in the club :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Does that mean that i'm in the club :confused:
    Yeah, course you are. All regular users are. Also, basically, everyone who is going to post more than just a couple of times, are weel on their way to being in the club, if not already in the club.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can BUY a Phoenix- they are supposedly near impossible to tame- I think they probably pick their own owners-

I saw the trailer on Entertainment Tonight (tv show here in the States that follows celeb stories)- they always get good hints before anything comes out- but I didn't see anything screaming, I dont think- what part are you talking about? two months to go!

I DID see the part where Hermione punches (instead of slaps, like in the book) Malfoy- LOVED that part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't think you can BUY a Phoenix- they are supposedly near impossible to tame- I think they probably pick their own owners-

I saw the trailer on Entertainment Tonight (tv show here in the States that follows celeb stories)- they always get good hints before anything comes out- but I didn't see anything screaming, I dont think- what part are you talking about? two months to go!

I DID see the part where Hermione punches (instead of slaps, like in the book) Malfoy- LOVED that part
    If Harry does get a phoenix, I reckon it will be from Dumblydore giving him one of Fawkes' babies (say he does get some) for his birthday or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    anyone know what my new avatar is?
    It would appear to be either the hilt of an elaborate sword, or an oddly shaped space ship. I'm thinking the former.

(Original post by Shaft)
    It was ages ago that I brought up the topic about the latest trailer, and I was just wondering if we have established what is the creature that screams at the girl when she goes round for room service?
    I'm not entirely sure whether I've seen the latest trailer, only the original one with the Macbeth song ('something wicked comes this way'). But in that I seem to recall a foul creature that I assume was meant to be Crookshanks, hissing on the train.

As for the pheonix idea, I don't think Harry will get his own. It would somewhat displace Headwig, and he already has a connection to Fawkes as it is.

ReputationRep:
    True- Hedwig is really his companion- they make more of a deal out of that in the movie (ooh- a hint?) - I'm sure he will see more of Fawkes, and one day maybe Fawkes will be his- it can be his eternal connection to Dumbledore....

Here's an idea- what if the "something small" in CoS is one of those OTHER tunnels out of Hogwarts? like a room off of one or it leads someplace else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Here's an idea- what if the "something small" in CoS is one of those OTHER tunnels out of Hogwarts? like a room off of one or it leads someplace else...
    Sorry, what exactly do you mean, I'm a bit confused! :confused: Do you mean the tunnels Harry passes on his way to the chamber?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Sorry, what exactly do you mean, I'm a bit confused! :confused: Do you mean the tunnels Harry passes on his way to the chamber?
    Oh yer. There was that massive tunnel that Ron and Lockhart got trapped in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    If Harry does get a phoenix, I reckon it will be from Dumblydore giving him one of Fawkes' babies (say he does get some) for his birthday or something.
    Yeh, i can't see that happening though, because then fawkes would need another phoenix friend...and then it becomes too complicated...I also think that Harry can have two pets, it would spoil the situation, but nice idea...

Am I in the club? I post like every week at least and usually every other day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Yeh, i can't see that happening though, because then fawkes would need another phoenix friend...and then it becomes too complicated...I also think that Harry can have two pets, it would spoil the situation, but nice idea...

Am I in the club? I post like every week at least and usually every other day...
    Yeah yeah. As long as people are regulars on here, they're in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Godric Gryffindor's sword that harry pulls out of the sorting hat.
    very good how did u know?

ReputationRep:
    new avatar woo hoo! it's a pheonix, if u were wondering

ReputationRep:
    very good how did u know?
    It looked like a hilt of a sword, and considering the fact that it's a HP thread, the gryffindor sword was a good guess. Those are pretty cool avatars PadFoot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It looked like a hilt of a sword, and considering the fact that it's a HP thread, the gryffindor sword was a good guess. Those are pretty cool avatars PadFoot!
    thanx Anyway lets see..... any chance of malfoy turning good?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Chances are probably 50:50. I mean sure, he's an evil guy and a bully. But I was thinking about the movie, when him and his father were in Knockturn Alley. His father seemed meaner to him than I had imagined. Could this be a sign of what it is like for Draco at home. Could he prehaps help out Harry to spite his father? Just a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm. Chances are probably 50:50. I mean sure, he's an evil guy and a bully. But I was thinking about the movie, when him and his father were in Knockturn Alley. His father seemed meaner to him than I had imagined. Could this be a sign of what it is like for Draco at home. Could he prehaps help out Harry to spite his father? Just a suggestion.
    yeah, speaking of knockturn alley, i bet it will be in the next books, everyone said it was so bad, but no one said why...

ReputationRep:
    Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    Dountful, his father is one of the deatheaters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Dountful, his father is one of the deatheaters.
    Sirius' family were almost all evil, and he turned out good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Sirius' family were almost all evil, and he turned out good...
    yer, but Sirius is one in a million. Plus he hated his family. Draco was really pi**ed off at Harry for putting his father in prison.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.