Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    yer, but Sirius is one in a million. Plus he hated his family. Draco was really pi**ed off at Harry for putting his father in prison.
    I know, it doesn't seem very likely that Draco could turn out good, but then maybe it'll be the whole"choices you make" thing again. That seems to really be the moral of the stories
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

Here's an idea- what if the "something small" in CoS is one of those OTHER tunnels out of Hogwarts? like a room off of one or it leads someplace else...
    Do you think the "something small" might be linked to Colin Creevey?
    I tried to do a search through this thread to see whether this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    I tried to do a search through this thread to see whether this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything...
    Hmmm, interesting. The question is what though? He doesn't really do much. I can't think of anything at all, not even anything small. Think I'm gonnna have to go and re-read the books, AGAIN!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, interesting. The question is what though? He doesn't really do much. I can't think of anything at all, not even anything small. Think I'm gonnna have to go and re-read the books, AGAIN!
    Could he have captured something on his photos?

ReputationRep:
    Could he have captured something on his photos?
    Ah possible, but what sort of thing. I reckon it would have had to have been something that was mentioned. Hmmm, now what did he take photos of..... Harry and Lockhart, Harry playing quidditch, the basilisk, have I missed anything?

ReputationRep:
    I know, it doesn't seem very likely that Draco could turn out good, but then maybe it'll be the whole"choices you make" thing again. That seems to really be the moral of the stories
    I think that jk has been seting that p since the secound book... i think draco will end up resenting (i know my speeling sucks) his father i mean he dosnt seem to be treated very well at home (by the looks of it) and maybe after a while he will relize how better off he is with out his father there and join the other side (but i dont think that harry and him will become "the best of friends" there is to much in there past)
    (im sorry if im not making any since im sick and i have a head ache) *hard to think straight* *hince my spelling* but i didnt want to not post and then come back tommorow and be lost

ReputationRep:
    Ah possible, but what sort of thing. I reckon it would have had to have been something that was mentioned. Hmmm, now what did he take photos of..... Harry and Lockhart, Harry playing quidditch, the basilisk, have I missed anything?
    maybe there is something else evil in the chamber?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    maybe there is something else evil in the chamber?
    But it would have to have been something in the chamber that was mentioned and I can't think of anything. I might just be being dumb though!

ReputationRep:
    Not related to the current flow of conversation but...

One of my best friends moved to France at the start of this year, and I hadn't heard from him since (-repeatedly forgot to send letters etc) until last week when he emailed me and let me know about a bit of what is going on. Anyway, to the point. Apparently they have a class where they basically learn about some random topic, and they're currently studying Harry Potter.
    I wonder what it entails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Sirius' family were almost all evil, and he turned out good...
    Yea but sirius wasn't an evil little git.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Not related to the current flow of conversation but...

One of my best friends moved to France at the start of this year, and I hadn't heard from him since (-repeatedly forgot to send letters etc) until last week when he emailed me and let me know about a bit of what is going on. Anyway, to the point. Apparently they have a class where they basically learn about some random topic, and they're currently studying Harry Potter.
    I wonder what it entails?
    I would bet that it is taught by a person reading from a teacher's book who has never read the books.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not. I find Colin quite annoying, though he has improved a bit I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope not. I find Colin quite annoying, though he has improved a bit I guess.
    i wish he he had died when the basilisk saw him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i wish he he had died when the basilisk saw him
    Here, here. If i wasn't glued to the stories when i read them i would just fast forward throught the parts that he is in.

ReputationRep:
    yay I got my american sorcerors stone yesterday i am such a book geek I had to get hold of one to see how different it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    yay I got my american sorcerors stone yesterday i am such a book geek I had to get hold of one to see how different it is.
    lol i have both versions of PoA

ReputationRep:
    pofa isnt much different I have seen it but sorcerors stone is the one with the most changes which is why I wanted it. I have a friend who has all the french and german ones lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah the sorcerors stone when they were makin it they must have decided that the books ways just weren't good enough for the movie.

ReputationRep:
    i like the idea of colin capturing the secret on film but when he was petrified, dumbledore (i think) opened the camera to see if colin has caught the basilisk on film but the back of the camera exploded and the film was burnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    pofa isnt much different I have seen it but sorcerors stone is the one with the most changes which is why I wanted it. I have a friend who has all the french and german ones lol.
    We have some in French and Spanish (my sister's), I should probably try and read them. I know the stories so well I'd probably understand most of it, and it might help with some vocabulary I suppose

---

Right, I'm off for a couple of days on a sort-of-holiday, so I probably wont be posting, though I may nip on in the evenings for a little.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.