Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    That would be RIDICULOUS- she's WAY too old- and not what I pictured Fleur as at all- I hope they don't go for it- I can buy some people as younger, but not her- she's over 30! How can she play 17!? Fleur has to be almost sickeningly beautiful as well, and while Kate WInslet is pretty, I don't really think she's THAT attractive- it almost has to be somone TOO pretty, you know what I mean? Any famous British actors who would fit the part? Anyone else completely excited about Emma THompson as Trwelawny????
    Incredibly excited about Emma Thompson, thats exactly how I imagined Trelawney!

The only young British actress I can think of is Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Carribbean). But she wouldn't fit the part either. And she's supposed to be French, so maybe theres a young french prodigy. Or they'll probably cast an unknown. Its not a huge part, and they were looking for random Bulgarian boys for Krum a couple of months ago.

What other characters will they need to cast for the next film (I'm thinking adults because its more likely they'll cast famous people)

Madam Maxime?
    Karkaroff?
    Crouch?
    Crouch Jr?
    Bagman?
    Moody?

I'd love Pierluigi Collina (scary italian football referee, bald with popping eyes) to have a cameo as the Quidditch referee. Thats who I imagined when I read it. I'll try and find a picture on the internet and post a link.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thecommentarybox.co.uk/issue44/collina.htm

Ok, heres the link. He's the guy at the top of the page. Did anyone else agree with me? I was just picturing him from the very first time I read that chapter! Xenon, your a football fan aren't you? Please t5ell me (I'm not crazy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    http://www.thecommentarybox.co.uk/issue44/collina.htm

Ok, heres the link. He's the guy at the top of the page. Did anyone else agree with me? I was just picturing him from the very first time I read that chapter! Xenon, your a football fan aren't you? Please t5ell me (I'm not crazy!)
    Heh, I see what you mean. I can imagine him flexing his muscles for the Bulgarian team mascots

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly excited about Emma Thompson, thats exactly how I imagined Trelawney!

The only young British actress I can think of is Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Carribbean). But she wouldn't fit the part either. And she's supposed to be French, so maybe theres a young french prodigy. Or they'll probably cast an unknown. Its not a huge part, and they were looking for random Bulgarian boys for Krum a couple of months ago.

What other characters will they need to cast for the next film (I'm thinking adults because its more likely they'll cast famous people)

Madam Maxime?
    Karkaroff?
    Crouch?
    Crouch Jr?
    Bagman?
    Moody?

I'd love Pierluigi Collina (scary italian football referee, bald with popping eyes) to have a cameo as the Quidditch referee. Thats who I imagined when I read it. I'll try and find a picture on the internet and post a link.
    THATS ALMOST EXACTLY HOW I PICTURED HIM

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was a way to get a count down to the next movie (jun.4th) and when we find out the date the next book is coming out on this page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Yay, I'm not crazy. Was getting a bit worried, my family were giving me very strange looks!

ReputationRep:
    Xenon, your a football fan aren't you? Please t5ell me (I'm not crazy!)
    Yeah, I support arsenal, but no comments about the champions league match please!
    I love Collina. He looks mean, but is an amazing ref; gets on really well with the players, and takes no nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, I support arsenal, but no comments about the champions league match please!
    I wanted them to win. I feel very sorry for them now. They were on for the treble last week. But anyway, Harry Potter.....

ReputationRep:
    Actually, same
    He'd be perfect for the role!

ReputationRep:
    So I'm thinking films at the minute.

We need someone a bit old and fat to play Bagman.

And someone a bit like Rowan Atkinson but more serious for Crouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Actually, same
    He'd be perfect for the role!
    It could just be a cameo, he wouldn't even have to speak, just sit on a broomstick and blow a whistle. Who do you think you have to get in touch with to suggest something like that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    kill him off kill him off kill him off kill him off kill him off, then we can all rejoice.
    thats was the lamest anti harry post i have ever seen, and i have seen a lot of them. Xenon thanks for the butterbeer , and brooklyn, you need to send me some of yours so i can taste which one is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe the houseelves were banished or demoted to plain old servants because of their power. Perhaps the wizards feared them or were jealous of them
    I think that if house elves were ever anything but servents then they probably got into a war with wizards and ended up as slaves. I figure that Hermione will find out something like this while doing research in the next book.

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was a way to get a count down to the next movie (jun.4th) and when we find out the date the next book is coming out on this page
    59 days until Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban comes to theatres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    59 days until Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban comes to theatres.
    yeah i know but thats not what i mean im talking about having like a little box in the corner that counts it down on this thread so when u look at it its always going down like if it where 58 days and 23 hours and 42 min it whould say that and keep going down (am i making since i dont know) but i wish we could do that

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know but thats not what i mean im talking about having like a little box in the corner that counts it down on this thread so when u look at it its always going down like if it where 58 days and 23 hours and 42 min it whould say that and keep going down (am i making since i dont know) but i wish we could do that
    I bet that one of the mods could do that but I bet that they wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    People have done it in the past for exam dates etc, but it isn't a mod thing. I doubt they'd incorporate it into the thread.

ReputationRep:
    THat WOULD be helpful- I just think of it as two months right now, but as it gets closer- I think there IS a countdown on the official site - at least there was for the last two movies-

I can't WAIT to see who is Tonks and how they do her- more fun special effects- its odd, but the woman who's playing Madame Hooch would be good, except MUCH younger- we haven't seen her except for cameo's in some time, have we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    THat WOULD be helpful- I just think of it as two months right now, but as it gets closer- I think there IS a countdown on the official site - at least there was for the last two movies-

I can't WAIT to see who is Tonks and how they do her- more fun special effects- its odd, but the woman who's playing Madame Hooch would be good, except MUCH younger- we haven't seen her except for cameo's in some time, have we?
    Zoe Wanamaker is cool! she (a younger version) wouldve been great as Tonks bcause she looks quirky. im looking forward to seeing the dementors as well. when voldemort gets into the films if they dont make him look as terrible as we imagine him i will be gutted! because before we see the films we have our own visions of what the characters look like and if they cast them wrong then our own idea of how they look like is gone and is replaced by the one we have seen. dont know if this happens to anyone else but i just cant seem to get it back again

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I missed out on the celebrations! Stupid work, knew I shouldn't have gone!

Have just been reading in Heat that Kate Winslet wants the part of Fleur Delacour in the GoF movie.

"Kate Winslet wants the part of wizard Fleur Delacour in the fourth Harry Potter film - all for the sake of daughter Mia. Kate's in talks with the producers of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire....."

I'm sorry, but how wrong. Fleur's supposed to be 17/18. I cannot see Kate Winslet pulling that off!
    I've just read on newsround that the Dursley's won't be appearing in the fourth film as well cos the book is so long. I wonder what else is going to be cut out.

Heres the link.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3607693.stm

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.