Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    :eek: WOW! I have been away from this site tooo long...I missed all these changes! I just spent ages reading up on the messages... I read through the second book again...don't think I found any clues but I wanted to clear up a few things - at the top of page 117 ... what are the scorch marks that they find? And why does Tom Riddle look like Harry? Is riddle, his father's or mother's surname? Why isn't voldemort on the tapestry of the black family, if all pure-blood families are interlinked?

Also there is a mention of a Mark EVANS (the guy Dudley beat up) at the beginning of book 5 - maybe a relation to Lily EVANS - maybe a cousin's son or something?
    Let me clear afew things up for you.

We've gone over the Mark Evans theroy loads of times.

Voldemort isn't Prue Blood, he's a half blood. (it proves you didn't read it too well cos you say yourself in the question of how simlier they are). It's one of the main reasons Voldemort chose to kill Harry.

I'm still thinking that the Weasley clock has a part in the books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I know that we talked about Dumbledore's watch in the past but did we ever decide that his watch might be like the weasley's and tell where people are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I know that we talked about Dumbledore's watch in the past but did we ever decide that his watch might be like the weasley's and tell where people are?
    even if we decide it it ddsnt mean we are right i mean are thoughts are probebly pretty close but i dont think we will get it right on the dot

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted on this thread for at least 200 pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I haven't posted on this thread for at least 200 pages.
    Aren't you going to read those 200 pages, to catch up on what you have missed?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to think harry is going to go out with hermine and ginny but not CHO, whats wrong with cho, they just had a bit of fight in book 5 doesnt mean they dont geet back together in book 6. when is book 6 out does anyone know? where can i read the interviews coz someone said she had 2 interviews already in which she said harry may die...also, the film, why isnt there pre-book tickets like what they did for the second film.

i think the second film is SO unrealistic- look at the girl's loo! they couldnt possibly build that chamber 1000 years ago, coz sink wasnt invented then! may be thats more in the girl's toilet, may be thats the thing you guys have been looking for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Let me clear afew things up for you.

We've gone over the Mark Evans theroy loads of times.

Voldemort isn't Prue Blood, he's a half blood. (it proves you didn't read it too well cos you say yourself in the question of how simlier they are). It's one of the main reasons Voldemort chose to kill Harry.

ye-es, but isn't voldemort supposed to be related to slytherin - so shouldn't his grandparents for his mother be on there, as she is pure-blood? This also reminds of how ernie is not on or neville - maybe they got blasted off?

I'm sure the accountant related to the Weasleys also has some relevance but I'm sure that has been covered as well...

Good idea about Dumbledore's watch being like the Weasley's clock - but that leaves the question - what do the 12 hands represent? - but there are planets going around the edges I think I remember so may be not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncswai)
    Everyone seems to think harry is going to go out with hermine and ginny but not CHO, whats wrong with cho, they just had a bit of fight in book 5 doesnt mean they dont geet back together in book 6. when is book 6 out does anyone know? where can i read the interviews coz someone said she had 2 interviews already in which she said harry may die...also, the film, why isnt there pre-book tickets like what they did for the second film.

i think the second film is SO unrealistic- look at the girl's loo! they couldnt possibly build that chamber 1000 years ago, coz sink wasnt invented then! may be thats more in the girl's toilet, may be thats the thing you guys have been looking for...
    Im sry but i dont think harry is going to go out with hermione

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Aren't you going to read those 200 pages, to catch up on what you have missed?
    that was useful thank you bono.

Anyway, maybe (well its not a small clue) but harry being a parseltounge could come back into the story. I am going to read book 2 tonight... well start it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Im sry but i dont think harry is going to go out with hermione
    I hope not. It would seem more likely for Hermione to go with Ron. Else, thik of the trouble between Harry and Ron. Harry needs his friends at this time more than ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope not. It would seem more likely for Hermione to go with Ron. Else, thik of the trouble between Harry and Ron. Harry needs his friends at this time more than ever.
    and everyone has already thought about it happening, JKR likes to surprise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    and everyone has already thought about it happening, JKR likes to surprise...
    *Yeah i agree it will be very weird if ron and hermione go out because they will not be the 3 friends anymore they will be the couple with a friend and they will be fighting all the time. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    7000th post?

egad I'm sad- but yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Is riddle, his father's or mother's surname? Why isn't voldemort on the tapestry of the black family, if all pure-blood families are interlinked?
    Riddle is Voldemort's father's surname - at the end of Goblet of Fire, Voldemort's resurrection takes place next to his father's grave, which is marked Tom Riddle.

Someone has already pointed out that Voldemort is not pure blood. As for Ernie and Neville - I think that the comment that "All pure bloods are interrelated" is more likely to be a generalisation rather than an actual fact, otherwise the tapestry would be huge and incredibly intricate. Perhaps they are related, but not close enough to warrant a place on there.

I know I'm new on this thread, but thought I might take the chance and join in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Riddle is Voldemort's father's surname - at the end of Goblet of Fire, Voldemort's resurrection takes place next to his father's grave, which is marked Tom Riddle.

Someone has already pointed out that Voldemort is not pure blood. As for Ernie and Neville - I think that the comment that "All pure bloods are interrelated" is more likely to be a generalisation rather than an actual fact, otherwise the tapestry would be huge and incredibly intricate. Perhaps they are related, but not close enough to warrant a place on there.

I know I'm new on this thread, but thought I might take the chance and join in!
    IM NEW 2!!!!!!!!!! i agree but i also think that alot of there names where probebly burnt off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOTRSkicksbutt)
    IM NEW 2!!!!!!!!!! i agree but i also think that alot of there names where probebly burnt off...
    good thinking........................ ... LOVE YOUR NAME

ReputationRep:
    we've reached 7000 posts everyone.

I wounder who will have the honor of being poster 10,000. and at the rate we are going that isn't too far ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    we've reached 7000 posts everyone.

I wounder who will have the honor of being poster 10,000. and at the rate we are going that isn't too far ahead.
    it has seemd to slow down lately though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    it has seemd to slow down lately though...
    It's because it's the easter holis, and half the members who post, aren't in front of a computer all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's because it's the easter holis, and half the members who post, aren't in front of a computer all day.
    no i mean like the last hundred pages or so. Remember we used to do like 3 a day? Now it about 1/2.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.