Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    Alas poor Tom,
    lol you can feal sorry for him if u want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    lol you can feal sorry for him if u want to
    i do not feel sorry for Tom at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOTRSkicksbutt)
    i do not feel sorry for Tom at all.
    ME EITHER!!! (sry have to say this one more time i love your name) but i really think he chose his path of evilness if thats a word and he knew completley what he was doing and diserves to get a bit of his own medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    Poor Tom, he was just misguided
    Misguided my but. 'poor tom' new what he was doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Misguided my but. 'poor tom' new what he was doing.
    I AGREE I THINK HE IS A NUT

ReputationRep:
    ok u guys i hate the movies 2 but the 3rd one looks better but there is a hudge problem with it wich u guys probebly already talked about the cut out all the scences with wood in them wich means no quidditch wich means no cedric diggory in the 3rd movie and he is a big part if u think this a big mistake click here http://savewood.tripod.com/contents.html and go to the petition to w.b and sighn it ok bye bye im going to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    ok u guys i hate the movies 2 but the 3rd one looks better but there is a hudge problem with it wich u guys probebly already talked about the cut out all the scences with wood in them wich means no quidditch wich means no cedric diggory in the 3rd movie and he is a big part if u think this a big mistake click here http://savewood.tripod.com/contents.html and go to the petition to w.b and sighn it ok bye bye im going to bed
    didn't know that! i also think that it is a mistake, cederic diggory plays a large part in the third book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    didn't know that! i also think that it is a mistake, cederic diggory plays a large part in the third book.
    There's no Cho Chang in the 3rd movie either.
    Noone can condone the fact that Voldie's an evil guy, and that Tom Riddle was one too, but his background helped make him that person.

ReputationRep:
    but if there is no cedric, then the fourth film would have to be changed cos cedric is a triwizard champion and i think that people who havent read the books need to be introduced to him sooner.
    but even if there isnt any quiddich (highly unlikely) cedric diggory will be introduced in a different way i think.
    but that site seems like some girls shrine to Sean Biggerstaff, not a reliable source of information about the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    but if there is no cedric, then the fourth film would have to be changed cos cedric is a triwizard champion and i think that people who havent read the books need to be introduced to him sooner.
    but even if there isnt any quiddich (highly unlikely) cedric diggory will be introduced in a different way i think.
    but that site seems like some girls shrine to Sean Biggerstaff, not a reliable source of information about the film.
    It is very likely that they wont have any quidditch in the PoA! Unless we get more than half the world to sign that petition than i think there wont be any quidditch in the third movie at all!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It is very likely that they wont have any quidditch in the PoA! Unless we get more than half the world to sign that petition than i think there wont be any quidditch in the third movie at all!!!!
    No i think there will be otherwise alot of things wont make sense....have you forgotton how important it is that harry falls off his broom while the dementors are there? that is the part where he hears his mother screaming as she tries to protect him and that bit is very important to understanding not only the effects of a dementor, but to understanding harry as well. and if the producers cant make the films properly without a relatively insignificant character (wood), then they shouldnt bother at all.

ReputationRep:
    But they have to put Quidditch in! What about the matches when the Dementors/Slytherins pretending to be Dementors turn up, and Sirius when he's a dog...they're important bits of the story!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    But they have to put Quidditch in! What about the matches when the Dementors/Slytherins pretending to be Dementors turn up, and Sirius when he's a dog...they're important bits of the story!
    true

ReputationRep:
    They're missing important parts of the story. One of my favourite part of the book was the Gryffindor win. Also, there's the first glance of Harry's patronus, and the part where the slytherins dress up as dementors was pretty funny. From the beginning, HP fans are going to be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    true
    but the films have left out a few parts like that b4, they dont put everything...after all there a more important parts.

ReputationRep:
    i have already signed a petition about quidditch in this movie! its ridiculous... how can they not have it, after all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    They're missing important parts of the story. One of my favourite part of the book was the Gryffindor win. Also, there's the first glance of Harry's patronus, and the part where the slytherins dress up as dementors was pretty funny. From the beginning, HP fans are going to be disappointed.
    i know! If they do not do quidditch it wont show that Gryffindor wins the Quidditch cup for the first time!!!

ReputationRep:
    Its sad but I suppose stuff has to go, it would be cool if Hp did an Extended DVD like LOTR

ReputationRep:
    Grrr, computers been broken all weekend, how rude of you all to carry on posting without me, so much to catch up on!

Right, about quidditch, Oliver Wood isn't in the 3rd film, however, the quidditch match is (I can't remember where I read it, but I distinctly remember thinking that it was good because quidditch was so important. Come to think of it I probably got it from Newsround) Anyway, I reckon theres just gonna be random quidditch extras rather than the characters, and have the match almost as a cut scene (if you know whay I'm getting at)

Cedric would still have to be in the fourth film, I'm guessing he'll just be introduced as the triwizard champion rather than the guy who caught the snitch when Harry saw the dementors. (Maybe making the dementors appear in the same match as they win the cup, kinda wrong, but it gets it all over and done with, stops the film getting ridiculously long)
    Signing a petition won't work now, I think its far to late to put in extra stuff now, the films going to be out in less than 2 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Right, about quidditch, Oliver Wood isn't in the 3rd film, however, the quidditch match is (I can't remember where I read it, but I distinctly remember thinking that it was good because quidditch was so important. Come to think of it I probably got it from Newsround) Anyway, I reckon theres just gonna be random quidditch extras rather than the characters, and have the match almost as a cut scene (if you know whay I'm getting at)
    Well, if they're still kepping the quidditch in, it would be good, because it provides some rest bite from what could be a darkish movie.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.