Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when the 3rd film will be released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, if they're still kepping the quidditch in, it would be good, because it provides some rest bite from what could be a darkish movie.
    I hope they do, but there's a funny bit that won't be in...When Wood is telling the team that Cedric Diggory's the new Captain, and the girls get all giggly. Something about strong and silent. Well, it made me laugh...Actually, I dunno if the Weasley twin actors would do it justice, they're not as good as I thought they'd be...but maybe that's just becasue they're not how I imagined them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    does anyone know when the 3rd film will be released?
    Go to www.harrypotter.co.uk

There's a countdown timer in the bottom left corner. It's about 50 days I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    but if there is no cedric, then the fourth film would have to be changed cos cedric is a triwizard champion and i think that people who havent read the books need to be introduced to him sooner.
    but even if there isnt any quiddich (highly unlikely) cedric diggory will be introduced in a different way i think.
    but that site seems like some girls shrine to Sean Biggerstaff, not a reliable source of information about the film.
    i was thinking that 2 but it was off mugglenet.com so i dont know i just went to the petition because i think it is a dumn ass mistake to kick him off and all his sceens because he is in important parts

ReputationRep:
    I dont care if sean is in it or not as long as there is quidditch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! to many things happen at the games that shouldnt be cut outincluding harry seeing the dog in the stands (i think that happened right?) MAN I HAVE TO GO READ IT AGAIN

ReputationRep:
    Xenon! You've ditched batman! -Maybe you should add the symbol in to the slide, so we get used to recognising the new one as you :P

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    dont forget during exams he seemed to have a thing for pavarati. He kept looking at her hair...
    I didn't notice that at all, can you post some lines/pages for reference. I don't think you're right but I'd be interested to see the quotes.

As for Hermione and Ron, as I've said, I'll be suprised if they don't get together at some point. I don't think it'll be a smooth flow into the relationship, they'll probably feeling awkward about it and then worry about Harry. They probably wont tell him until later, and hide it until he either walks in on them, or they have to tell him for some reason or other.

(Original post by Vivian)
    Its sad but I suppose stuff has to go, it would be cool if Hp did an Extended DVD like LOTR
    What, so we had to watch even more bad acting and disturbing 'Howarts is no place without you Hagrid' moments? Heh, I daresay you'll get a few additional scenes, though I doubt they'll be half the quality of the LOTR out-takes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Xenon! You've ditched batman! -Maybe you should add the symbol in to the slide, so we get used to recognising the new one as you :P
    You like the new avatar? (Thanks Ollie!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i love it!

ReputationRep:
    What, so we had to watch even more bad acting and disturbing 'Howarts is no place without you Hagrid' moments? Heh, I daresay you'll get a few additional scenes, though I doubt they'll be half the quality of the LOTR out-takes.
    LoL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    How did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the new trailer for POA? it shows Ron and Hermione hold hands and realise what they did and turn away! this has to be a hint from JK to the director to build on their relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    undefinedundefinedundefined
    Has anyone seen the new trailer for POA? it shows Ron and Hermione hold hands and realise what they did and turn away! this has to be a hint from JK to the director to build on their relationship
    Hopefully, I wonder how long J.K will drag out the Ron/Hermione thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    How did you do it?
    Ask Ollie. He gets all the credit for my avatar (minus the ideas)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    Maybe J K Rowling mentioned to the director that the relationship might happen in the next books, cos that scene sure isn't in the book. So it's definitely something to look out for.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't notice that at all, can you post some lines/pages for reference. I don't think you're right but I'd be interested to see the quotes.QUOTE]

"He was sitting right behind pavarti patil, whose long dark hair fell below the back of her chair. Once or twice he found himself staring at the tiny golden lights that glistened in it when she moved her head........and had to give his own head a little shake to clear it."

" He gazed blankly at the back of Parvati's head"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe J K Rowling mentioned to the director that the relationship might happen in the next books, cos that scene sure isn't in the book. So it's definitely something to look out for.
    We can just hope.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I didn't notice that at all, can you post some lines/pages for reference. I don't think you're right but I'd be interested to see the quotes.QUOTE]

"He was sitting right behind pavarti patil, whose long dark hair fell below the back of her chair. Once or twice he found himself staring at the tiny golden lights that glistened in it when she moved her head........and had to give his own head a little shake to clear it."

I think that was pure chance about Parvati - the only reason he was there was because they were in alphabetical order for the OWLS... and he was getting very drowsy / hypnotised which then went into the "Sirius in the Ministry" vision.
    I hope he doesn't like Pavarti - she seems to be written as a bit of a light character on the whole... although she did join the DA and did quite well as I remember.

ReputationRep:

I think that that is just because he doesn't have anything better to do.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think we'll ever see Norbert again? he was is the first film but did he really mean to be, because they totally changed to detention scene having ron instead of neville, so what would be the point of putting Norbert in? surley they could have just made up another excuse for the detention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I think that that is just because he doesn't have anything better to do.
    probably, but i got the feeling something was going on...
    XENON- pm check please

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.