Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think Fawkes will be important again, maybe if Dumbledore dies or something.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Vivian)
    I think Fawkes will be important again, maybe if Dumbledore dies or something.
    Dumbledore would not have called the anti-Voldemort group the Order of the Phoenix if there wasn't some important link or power against the Dark Arts that Fawkes symbolises or actually has.
    Has anyone got any further info on the Phoenix? Was is it in the Magical Creatures book that JKR did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Totally agree. It would be very disappointing if she did that. Fawkes will hopefully still have a role to play though-he's brilliant.
    yeah thats what i as going to say, she did it before, maybe if dumbledore dies he gives harry fawks? He would be very useful, then harry and volde could fight, and fawks and ningani-whatever volde's snake name is could fight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Dumbledore would not have called the anti-Voldemort group the Order of the Phoenix if there wasn't some important link or power against the Dark Arts that Fawkes symbolises or actually has.
    Has anyone got any further info on the Phoenix? Was is it in the Magical Creatures book that JKR did?
    It will probably come out in either book 6 or 7!! I know, does anyone have any info on that subject?

ReputationRep:
    That would be cool. I think Fawkes is a very cool plot device.

ReputationRep:
    "JKR: There are loads of things I would change. I don't think any writer is ever completely happy with what they've written. One of these days - once seven is finished - I'll revise all seven books."

Found that in an interview. So maybe even after book 7, we will have more to read...

ReputationRep:
    "JKR: You will see Krum again, though not soon."

sounds like book 7 then right?

ReputationRep:
    Kelpie_8: Will the two way mirror Sirius gave Harry ever show up again?
    JKR: Ooooo good question. There's your answer.

I was wondering that, and from her answer, it seems sure we will see it again. Maybe dumbledore kept it?

Rorujin: Did Wormtail used Voldemort's wand to kill Cedric? Is it why Cedric comes out of Voldemort's wand even though was Wormtail who killed him?
    JKR: Correct!

HAHA! i knew it. Then there is an error in the books, dumbledore says volde killed him.

Jami: Is Harry related to Godric Gryffindor?
    JKR: People are always wondering who Harry might be related to. Maybe he is

That's kind of a good clue, dumbledore said only a true gryfindor could pull out the sword...

Sussie: Does Harry's eyecolour become important in the future books, like we've heard?
    JKR: No comment

Then it sounds like maybe "harry and the green torch flame" could be one of the titles, because it refers to his eyes...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but i dot know i think they might have casted some one differnt in the movies then if it was so important because his eyes look blue to me (but i could be wrong) buti dont know i just think if it was that important they would have at least given the guy that plays harry in the movies green eyes
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Yeah but i dot know i think they might have casted some one differnt in the movies then if it was so important because his eyes look blue to me (but i could be wrong) buti dont know i just think if it was that important they would have at least given the guy that plays harry in the movies green eyes
    Do you think they'll gradually change his eyes with coloured contacts... seems to me that JKR would have picked up on this if it had been that important to the future plot line

ReputationRep:
    I read in an interview with Dan that theu changed his eyes green digitally? :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Vivian)
    I read in an interview with Dan that theu changed his eyes green digitally? :confused:
    Doesn't look like that in the films - they are certainly not green, definitely much more blue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    im loving the avatar Xenon!

I still think that Krum will come back as DADA teacher or maybe quidditch teacher or something. Maybe Fleur as a teacher's assistant or something. You know keeping with the nations working together thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

I still think that Krum will come back as DADA teacher or maybe quidditch teacher or something. Maybe Fleur as a teacher's assistant or something. You know keeping with the nations working together thing.
    yeah but fluer isn't very good at.... anything.

ReputationRep:
    I think Krum would make a Hogwarts teacher...but Fleur? Maybe Krum will come back to increase the Ron/Hermione tension.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look like that in the films - they are certainly not green, definitely much more blue.
    Yep, they were definately more blue in the films, that was one of the things I was most disappointed about (alone with Hagrid's hut, which should blatantly have been wooden!) It seemed such an easy thing to change, and something thats mentioned so often.

I'm not seeing a Fawkes/Nangini fight, it'd be too much like when Fawkes pierced the Basilisk's eyes in the Chamber.

ReputationRep:
    I think I read somewhere that they tried to get the Dan to wear green contacts but his eyes reacted to them or something like that but the green eyes are important. Guess it still doesn't explin why they didn't change the colour digitally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I think I read somewhere that they tried to get the Dan to wear green contacts but his eyes reacted to them or something like that but the green eyes are important. Guess it still doesn't explin why they didn't change the colour digitally.
    If the eyes ever become important then they will probably just change them digitally for that movie and hope noone notices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    If the eyes ever become important then they will probably just change them digitally for that movie and hope noone notices.
    i dont think he (dan) really looks like harry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Yep, they were definately more blue in the films, that was one of the things I was most disappointed about (alone with Hagrid's hut, which should blatantly have been wooden!) It seemed such an easy thing to change, and something thats mentioned so often.

I'm not seeing a Fawkes/Nangini fight, it'd be too much like when Fawkes pierced the Basilisk's eyes in the Chamber.
    I think so to bird against snake and then bird against differnt snake (fawks is a type of bird)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.