Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i dont think he (dan) really looks like harry
    i think he fits into the Harry Potter character perfectly!

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me why ron hugged harry at the end of the second film in the hall , but only shaked hands with herminine? is that to hint that they fancy each other? have you seen trailer of third film? she was so embarassed when ron touched her hand!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncswai)
    can someone tell me why ron hugged harry at the end of the second film in the hall , but only shaked hands with herminine? is that to hint that they fancy each other? have you seen trailer of third film? she was so embarassed when ron touched her hand!...
    Because the films are pants and overly sentimental. There was no need for it, please try and wipe that terrible moment from your memory and in future skip past that bit in the film!

(Look how early I'm up on my day off, stupid studying!)

ReputationRep:
    HAHA! i knew it. Then there is an error in the books, dumbledore says volde killed him.
    There's another flaw when all those people come out of Volde's wand - James comes out before Lily, when we know that if it was in reverse order, then lily should have appeared first.

About the two-way mirror, JK introduced the idea that Harry had a chance of seeing Sirius if he had the mirror with him as he went through the veil - and JK also says that James had one - maybe she's preparing the reader for Harry being able to talk to his dad...a bit far-fetched but maybe.

In PoA, Dumbledore said that Harry now has a link with Wormtail - and that maybe valuable; that may contribute something to the finale...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    There's another flaw when all those people come out of Volde's wand - James comes out before Lily, when we know that if it was in reverse order, then lily should have appeared first.

Goblet of Fire pg. 667
    "The smoky shadow of a young woman with long hair fell to the ground as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him... and harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked into the ghostly face of his mother.
    "Your father's coming..." she said quietly. "Hold on for your father... it will be all right... hold on..."

Uhm. No. Lilly comes out first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    There was a mistake in the first edition of GoF, but it was corrected in later editions, JKR has admitted to this.

ReputationRep:
    so much to catch up on!

As was said- the error with Lily/James out of the wand was fixed- which I think means that JK is willing to fix errors- therefore, nothing since has been an important error or she would have fixed it-

Dan's eyes WERE digitally turned green- he's allergic to contacts (as they found out)- BUT- from what I've heard, they changed them BEFORE doing the overall tint adjusting of the movie (so that they would be the same hue- have you ever noticed the whole movie is tinted very blue?)- so when they adjusted the overall screen shots tint, it made the green look bluer- and since we don't have gigantic movie screens, the TV makes them look even BLUER- hence the mistake- anyway- we know his eyes are green-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncswai)
    No, it was Hermione who touched his hand! And they are not going to make Harry and Ron fancy each other!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOTRSkicksbutt)
    No, it was Hermione who touched his hand! And they are not going to make Harry and Ron fancy each other!!
    Maybe the actors have some issues then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Maybe the actors have some issues then
    ok, whatever you say!!

ReputationRep:
    In the movie- Hermione ran and hugged Harry- went to reach for Ron, and they both stopped and awkwardly shook hands- its setting up the romance- its pretty obvious how she is steering Ron and Hermione- and I don't think it will hurt the 3some at all- they aren't going to be one of those couples that only sees each other- they have bigger things to worry about- and Hermione would NOT neglect her Newts- plus Harry has to move his own romances forward- and he needs to deal with the prophecy on his own before he tells it to them- their blossoming feelings will give him a little space to breathe- hopefully so Ginny can get in there...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just re-reading OoP and have noticed that when Harry and the Weasleys first go to see Mr Weasley in St Mungos the wizard ahead of them in the queue (small, old, stooped) asked to see Broderick Bode... who was this wizard? was he keeping an eye on Bode so they (DeathEaters) knew whether was going to recover and hence... at their next visit on Christmas Day, the plant was brought in for Bode. Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    In the movie- Hermione ran and hugged Harry- went to reach for Ron, and they both stopped and awkwardly shook hands- its setting up the romance- its pretty obvious how she is steering Ron and Hermione- and I don't think it will hurt the 3some at all- they aren't going to be one of those couples that only sees each other- they have bigger things to worry about- and Hermione would NOT neglect her Newts- plus Harry has to move his own romances forward- and he needs to deal with the prophecy on his own before he tells it to them- their blossoming feelings will give him a little space to breathe- hopefully so Ginny can get in there...
    She is setting up their romance but i dont think that they will get along together! If they are going out than Harry is going to feel wierd!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think he (dan) really looks like harry
    I agree. They could have at least dyed his hair black. And his hair is never really messy like I imagined from reading the books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOTRSkicksbutt)
    She is setting up their romance but i dont think that they will get along together! If they are going out than Harry is going to feel wierd!
    IF they will become a couple i don't think that harry, well maybe feel weird but be ok with it. he has other things to think about and they are still going to be friends.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he'll feel weird, but he'll get over it- if they are his friends, he'll want them to be happy- and he seems to have been rooting for a it a bit- little things like him rolling his eyes, etc- he'll get over it- he's 16- time to grow up a bit-

why wouldnt' they get along? All that fighting is just flirting- I'm sure they'll still argue, but that won't hurt anything-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    IF they will become a couple i don't think that harry, well maybe feel weird but be ok with it. he has other things to think about and they are still going to be friends.
    They aint gouing to be a couple. Doesn't anyone remember the insodent with his first date with Cho in the 5th book. (I know what it is, but i don't know how to say it. Can someone help me out plz).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    While one the subject of Ginny/Harry, I was wondering if Ginny may be short for something. E.g. Guinivere, which would make Harry (assuming they get together) the King Arthur type figure!
    I think it's Virginia....but I can't remember where I read it, could've been in OoP. I think Mrs W calls her that when she's telling her off or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    They aint gouing to be a couple. Doesn't anyone remember the insodent with his first date with Cho in the 5th book. (I know what it is, but i don't know how to say it. Can someone help me out plz).
    Do u mean when Harry tells cho that hes got to meet hermione in the 3 broomsticks right in the middle of their date. cho gets jealous and says "Oh, you'll meet hermione granger!" and then starts going on about the boys who have asked her out, when harry realises that cho is jealous of hermione he starts laughing because it is so ridiculous that she thought he fancied hermione!
    Is that the bit u mean dude?

ReputationRep:
    yeah- still don't see the problem with Ron/Hermione

I've looked ALOT in the books- and lexicon confirms- Ginny is NEVER called anything but Ginny- whatever her full name is, we haven't heard it- although we know her middle name is Molly- (thanks JK!)- but since we know Ron is short for Ronald (CoS) and Percy is short for Percival Ignatius (OotP) we can kind of assume all the Weasley's are nicknamed (except maybe George?)- so GInny could be Guinivere, Virginia, Gwenhyfar (popular in fanfics for some reason)- or a million other things- hopefully we'll find out next book!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.