Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I posted my idea on Crookshank's eyes earlier. I thought that maybe Harry does have some other relatives he doesn't know about (or at least one). And that Crookshanks is an animagus form, and the animagi is a relative of Lily (explaining the green eyes). I thought that this would be more realistic than Lily coming back to life!
    I don't know where people are getting this from- I am almost certain that Crookshanks had yellow eyes- just listened to book 3 again a few weeks ago...then again I may be mistaken but I was sure- I took note of it because people had been saying this...hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    no i am POSTITIVE crookshanks had green eyes...i haven't been here allday but about xenon being a boy...i saw that right before i left and i was like i always though she was a girl...anyway..i think that neville and harry vs. vold and bellatrix is the most reasonable ending..true harry improved as a wizard in 2 years...but even if neville does evolve as fast as harry did...harry will be improving at the same pace....i can't take the wait anymore...i want book 7!!haha...i just wanna read some big battle scene such as...The order,DADA,dumbledore,aurors vs. vold, death eaters, dementors

maybe giants and other creatures will help on either side..notice i didn't say the ministry...they suck..i hate fudge..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    but about xenon being a boy...i saw that right before i left and i was like i always though she was a girl...
    *chuckles* unless I just misinterpreted that I think you have the wrong end of the stick -Xenon is female- so you were right, twas I who had thought her to be a him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *chuckles* unless I just misinterpreted that I think you have the wrong end of the stick -Xenon is female- so you were right, twas I who had thought her to be a him...
    yes i know..sorry i reread my post before and it sounded confusing...i knew she was a girl no misinterpretations made

CR

Hey maybe Dumbledore seeing socks in the mirror of erised means he's a house elf or something. Unlikely, very unlikely, just a suggestion.

Also I reckon Lupin is James Potter. But he can't tell anyone about it cause Voldie would want to kill him. Remember he said he didn't need to kill Lily, so why did he need to kill James?. Also, he wanted to grip harry tightly when he talked about Voldemort, and when Harry told him he heard James' voice he said, "you heard James" in a strange voice.

ReputationRep:
    its great to have a new poster here so i don't wanna scare u away or anything..but ur ideas are a little ..i don't know...crazy..

CR

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought I've had - why does Dumbledore hate dementors? I know they suck out your soul, and live off peoples good thoughts, but Dumbledor has always been very kind and understading too all creatures - why might he feel so different about dementors.

(Original post by loftx)
    Just a thought I've had - why does Dumbledore hate dementors? I know they suck out your soul, and live off peoples good thoughts, but Dumbledor has always been very kind and understading too all creatures - why might he feel so different about dementors.
    Maybe because he just had a fear as usually people do, in the 5th book after all they weren't under control, and Dumbledore probably knew all along they weren't good news, and would cause harm!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Maybe because he just had a fear as usually people do, in the 5th book after all they weren't under control, and Dumbledore probably knew all along they weren't good news, and would cause harm!?
    But it's a pretty similar situation with the giants, but in that case dumbledor it trying to get them on his side. He hasn't sent out envoys to the dememntors has he.

(Original post by loftx)
    But it's a pretty similar situation with the giants, but in that case dumbledor it trying to get them on his side. He hasn't sent out envoys to the dememntors has he.
    Yes but the giants were easier to persuade than the dementors, also using Hagrid as half giant, he wanted to see if he had a chance, the dementors were in a mind of their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    no i am POSTITIVE crookshanks had green eyes...i haven't been here allday but about xenon being a boy...i saw that right before i left and i was like i always though she was a girl...anyway..i think that neville and harry vs. vold and bellatrix is the most reasonable ending..true harry improved as a wizard in 2 years...but even if neville does evolve as fast as harry did...harry will be improving at the same pace....i can't take the wait anymore...i want book 7!!haha...i just wanna read some big battle scene such as...The order,DADA,dumbledore,aurors vs. vold, death eaters, dementors

maybe giants and other creatures will help on either side..notice i didn't say the ministry...they suck..i hate fudge..

CR
    Unfortunately, we have to wait for book 6 first. I guess the Dementors are more likely to be tempted by the dark side. And maybe the dementotrs were on Voldie's side during the first war. I wonder if we'll see more of Grawp in the next few books. Why can't the giants see the ligt and join the right side? I hope they do so in the end.
    Oh and sorry about my previous looooooooooonnnnnggggg post!

ReputationRep:
    I dont want harry to die but i really dont want JK to try to continue harry into adult life and fail miserably... Im sur eshe wouldnt as shes an extremely talented author but there is always that danger if you know what i mean.

Glad to see there are some other harry fans and im not the only one... my mates think im mad but i just havent converted them yet. Way to go the person who said Mr. B for all those who havent read no. 5 yet... loads of possibilities who that could be then!!!!!!!!!!

(Original post by Xenon)
    Haven't you forgotten, Harry has already tried to use the Crucius curse, cos he was angry about the person dying. The truth is that Harry would maybe have to use the unforgivable curse to kill Voldemort. Anger alone didn't help him succeed in having the curse work properly. Is it really because he didn't mean to hurt someone as badly. Will all the anger bubble out in that last fight with Voldemort? I can't wait till the next book. I'm still wondering whether Harry will die in the last book. I don't want him to die, and think of the outrage of the people reading it if he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Unfortunately, we have to wait for book 6 first. I guess the Dementors are more likely to be tempted by the dark side. And maybe the dementotrs were on Voldie's side during the first war. I wonder if we'll see more of Grawp in the next few books. Why can't the giants see the ligt and join the right side? I hope they do so in the end.
    Oh and sorry about my previous looooooooooonnnnnggggg post!
    just a question aboiut giants....can they like withstand magical attacks...i mean i know they can't use a wand..so i don't know what else they'd be good for..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    just a question aboiut giants....can they like withstand magical attacks...i mean i know they can't use a wand..so i don't know what else they'd be good for..

CR
    Well to be honest, I don't think that giants need wands. Their strength alone is to defeat many people or at least frighten them. I reckon that if there were many of them, they would be able to defeat many death eaters, though there would be some casualties. I haven't got a clue whether they can do magic, as so far they haven't shown any sign of it. However, all creatures probably have their own powers, which could be seen by when Dobby protected Harry using his own powers. I suspect that the giants' power is mainly strength. Maybe giants can withstand many stunners and other minor spells compared to the killing spell, as they are so huge. however, I'm not sure that they could survive the Avada Kedavra spell.

ReputationRep:
    yes they probably could withstand a simple stunning curse but i would think 8u would need many of them...plus what about all those dementors..i would love to see the giants help out on the good side though

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes they probably could withstand a simple stunning curse but i would think 8u would need many of them...plus what about all those dementors..i would love to see the giants help out on the good side though

CR
    Hmmm...do you think we'll be seeing more Goblins in the next few books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...do you think we'll be seeing more Goblins in the next few books?
    I wonder what magical powers they might have, and how they could help the order (I'm assuming they would be on the good side).

(Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder what magical powers they might have, and how they could help the order (I'm assuming they would be on the good side).

I think they would be on the good side cos of the bank and all, but they must have some sort of powers,because only a goblins touch opens the really special vaults like the one that contained the stone. I suppose they have some sort of magical depth. Did anyone think though that the 5th book, was rushed at the end, like she'd squeezed in the end bit and left out details?! And did anyone hear the rumour that Rowling didn't want to write the rest of the books but has to cos of the pressure?! If it's true then I hope the books are still just as good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I think they would be on the good side cos of the bank and all, but they must have some sort of powers,because only a goblins touch opens the really special vaults like the one that contained the stone. I suppose they have some sort of magical depth. Did anyone think though that the 5th book, was rushed at the end, like she'd squeezed in the end bit and left out details?! And did anyone hear the rumour that Rowling didn't want to write the rest of the books but has to cos of the pressure?! If it's true then I hope the books are still just as good.
    J K Rowling will have less pressure for the last 2 books, as there is no fixed deadline, so hopefully she'll enjoy it a bit more.
    Do you reckon we'll see more of Bill and Charlie Weasley in the last books, cos I like their characters.

(Original post by Xenon)
    J K Rowling will have less pressure for the last 2 books, as there is no fixed deadline, so hopefully she'll enjoy it a bit more.
    Do you reckon we'll see more of Bill and Charlie Weasley in the last books, cos I like their characters.
    We should see Bill and Charlie more as they will be helping the Order Of the Phoenix, and as something dramatic has to happen within the next 2 books they should be doing something, also because Sirius is dead Rowling will be needing another character to become a larger figure so Harry could get close to someone else. Do you reckon percy will get his head sorted?! It was really annoying his behaviour, made me think he should go to a phyciatrist...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.