Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    deleted scenes. On chamber of secrets theres: 2 annoying and poitless games. V easy quiz, interview with J.K. V V short interviews with main cast, CD rom stuff, "Explore the set" things, etc.
    Hmmm, I'm quite tempted, but mainly just for the sake of having the DVD's rather than the videos. I'm sure I'll be able to persuade my mum to give me £10 or something for the pair! To be honest I just like spending money!

ReputationRep:
    The interveiw on CoS dvd is quite good, but other than that it is really sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm not sure if that counts. Fawkes came to Harry because he was loyal to Dumbledore.
    There had to have been some magic involved in getting him there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    There had to have been some magic involved in getting him there.
    I got the feeling that was more Dumbledore's magic than Harry's though

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys. one more thing for my assignment. The section where i explain what happens in each book. I have in it

1.) The main plot of the story
    2.) Main new characters introduced in each book
    3.) New Defence against Dark Arts teacher
    4.) Signative Events

What else can i put in or do you think that will be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Ok guys. one more thing for my assignment. The section where i explain what happens in each book. I have in it

4.) Signative Events

That sound about everything, the only other thing I can think of is maybe use your knowledge gained from the forum to put in some little known facts, just make it a bit different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    That sound about everything, the only other thing I can think of is maybe use your knowledge gained from the forum to put in some little known facts, just make it a bit different
    Ah, but the link to the forum will be on a new section.

You better hope that i get the courage to put it up here

ReputationRep:
    Little thing in book 2- she always says its darker than people realize, right? I wonder if Ginny being possessed by Voldemort (and coming the closest to dying we've seen from anyone who is still living) is really MUCH darker- I was rereading OotP last night- and I noticed the part where she talks about it a bit more- it is placed a bit like a clue- Harry is depressed until he remembers it- seems like that might be a bigger deal than I thought before- especially since he said he was pouring more of himself into her every day- maybe some of him is still in her? Maybe some powers have been transferred like Harry? I think this should be looked into a bit more...

ReputationRep:
    That sounds creepy, poor Ginny

ReputationRep:
    that is a really good idea. it would certainly make sense, you know what JK is like, not mentioning things unless there important. so i doubt she wouldve put it in OotP and made it really obvious in the way that it is written if it wasnt relevant to the rest of the books. i havent put that very well, i know what i mean!

ReputationRep:
    Good idea! I was thinking about something else as well...Ginny was possesed and so was Harry, but why were they possessed so differently? Ginny couldn't remember what she was doing, and Harry felt extreme pain...why were they so different?

ReputationRep:
    It is strange that Voldy would pick Ginny of all people to possess in CoS. What was so special about her? But it does mean that Harry and Ginny have a sort of dark connection in that they both have had Voldy inside their heads.

I wonder what sort of powers/residue of Voldy was left in Ginny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

4.) Signative Events

How the main characters have developed throughout each book, and anything new we learnt about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    How the main characters have developed throughout each book, and anything new we learnt about them.
    also major twists, surprises. How do you see how many posts you have in a thread?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    also major twists, surprises. How do you see how many posts you have in a thread?
    You right click on the number under "replies" on the main Media page and it opens a little box in the top left corner of your screen! You have 389 posts!

ReputationRep:
    How old d'you reckon Mrs Weasley is? Was reading GoF, and where she came to Harry before the last task she was reminiscing about the gamekeeper before Hagrid, Ogg. Well, Hagrid was expelled in his third year(?) fifty years before CoS, therefore fifty two years before GoF, so that makes him about 65ish. So is Mrs W older than him or did he not become gamekeeper right away? Hmm...maybe he was some kind of assistant, but you'd think Mrs W would've mentionned it...

ReputationRep:
    My guess is that he didn't become gamekeeper right away. Because otherwise Mrs Weasley would have have to have been in her 50s when Ginny and Ron were born :eek: He was probably an assistant who got promoted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    My guess is that he didn't become gamekeeper right away. Because otherwise Mrs Weasley would have have to have been in her 50s when Ginny and Ron were born :eek: He was probably an assistant who got promoted
    Yer, he said that when he got expelled, Dumbledore took him in so he could be trained for the job of game keeper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Yer, he said that when he got expelled, Dumbledore took him in so he could be trained for the job of game keeper.
    What I don't get is....If they thought Hagrid was attacking all those people, and also therefore a murderer, how come all that happened to him was that he was expelled? And what I find frustrating about the crimes, is that they never use a truth potion for a confession! If Hagrid took a truth potion then he could have proven himself innocent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    What I don't get is....If they thought Hagrid was attacking all those people, and also therefore a murderer, how come all that happened to him was that he was expelled? And what I find frustrating about the crimes, is that they never use a truth potion for a confession! If Hagrid took a truth potion then he could have proven himself innocent!
    You're forgetting that Hagrid is a half giant. People saw him as a freak so imdedally agreed that he must be him who murdered Moaning Mytel. Tom Riddle says something like "Hagrid, who was in trouble every week for raising werewolf cubs under his bed".

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.