The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Things are going good. Think I've got a High Distinction coming my way for economics, perhaps only a Distinction for history of economics, and marketing and management should be another Distinction if not better. WAAHOOO love the avatar too, very nice Almost didn't recognise you with it though.
Nice one! I really should do more work ad spend less time on here.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Nice one! I really should do more work ad spend less time on here.
dont you get any ideas about leaving you hear me
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
You may wish to see the first post:http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....02&postcount=1

Sorry everyone
Interesting
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
dont you get any ideas about leaving you hear me
No problem. Especially as long as this thread is here, I'll still be there.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL egan i was looking at the first page... what ever happened to goatie?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The lexicion says fudge was first on the scene, but he must have been third, after Hagrid, and Sirius.
Perhaps Fudge was the first Ministry Official on the scene
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The difference is that Hermione used a wand whereas the emotional magic is wandless. That's one reason why it would be so good to introduce wandless magic in thelast 2 books, as I think it can go undetected. Maybe kids who aren't at that school age aren't monitored for magic or something.
Sorry, found a flaw in you plan here, book 3 when Harry blows up Aunt Marge, that didn't go undetected, Harry should have been caught for it but they wanted him safe at Hogwarts because Sirius had escaped.

Sire, whats with people in Australia being up at 5:30 am, was talking to a friend over there last night then realised how ridiculously early it must have been there!
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Before they go to Hogwarts, the kids don't get tolded off for using magic. Looked at the Weasleys. Remember that Fred turned Ron's teddy bear into a spider when he was very young.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Before they go to Hogwarts, the kids don't get tolded off for using magic. Looked at the Weasleys. Remember that Fred turned Ron's teddy bear into a spider when he was very young.
And all the little kids at the World Cup doing magic while their parents were still asleep.

Don't Fred and George's experiments count as magic? They were perfecting their Ton Tongue Toffees at the start of book 4, before they were of age
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
And all the little kids at the World Cup doing magic while their parents were still asleep.

Don't Fred and George's experiments count as magic? They were perfecting their Ton Tongue Toffees at the start of book 4, before they were of age
No really. I'm guessing that their sweets was mainly potions work, which either means that you are allowed to do potions or the more obvious reason, it is harder to montor people doing potions cos it isn't really magic.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
No really. I'm guessing that their sweets was mainly potions work, which either means that you are allowed to do potions or the more obvious reason, it is harder to montor people doing potions cos it isn't really magic.
Hmmm, interesting, it does seem alot like theres one rule for Harry and another for everyone else!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmm, interesting, it does seem alot like theres one rule for Harry and another for everyone else!
Yer, well Harrys the star aint he. But ur right. He does seem to get away with pratically everything.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just checked the post count and your in second place, ditzy.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Just checked the post count and your in second place, ditzy.
I know, I'd been trying to over take Egan for a while, petty I know, but it makes me feel special! Just got Xenon to catch up with now!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know, I'd been trying to over take Egan for a while, petty I know, but it makes me feel special! Just got Xenon to catch up with now!
I don't think we will ever catch up with Xenon, unless she doesn't post in the thread for a few months.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I don't think we will ever catch up with Xenon, unless she doesn't post in the thread for a few months.
I know, I think I'd be a bit disappointed if anyone ever did catch up, although I'm sure Padfoot90's coming close if you add on SiriusFan's posts
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know, I think I'd be a bit disappointed if anyone ever did catch up, although I'm sure Padfoot90's coming close if you add on SiriusFan's posts
Just added, the total posts comes to 613.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know the Mirror of Erised thing until some web site pointed it out to me....

I don't think you can get in trouble before you hit school- you aren't really old enough to know the consequences of your actions, and you are with your parents who (if they are magical) should be keeping you under wraps or (if they are muggles) won't know what the heck is going on.

Almost EVERYTHING has a name or motion that is important- check out hte herbology plants or potion ingredients sometime (I think there is an analysis on the lexicon) its amazing the sheer detail....
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
Almost EVERYTHING has a name or motion that is important- check out hte herbology plants or potion ingredients sometime (I think there is an analysis on the lexicon) its amazing the sheer detail....
No wonder the books take so long to write, so much thought goes into them!
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Albus Etym: From a root meaning "white". Cognate to Albion, a poetic term for Britain, usually translated as "White Isle".

PERCIVAL m English, Welsh Mythology
Pronounced: PUR-si-val
Old French form of Peredur, a Welsh name of unknown meaning. The spelling was altered under the influence of Old French percer val "to pierce the valley". In Arthurian legend Percival was a chivalrous knight who was given a glimpse of the Holy Grail.

wulfric ULRIC m English
Pronounced: UL-rik
Either a medieval form of the Old English name Wulfric meaning "wolf power", or else a variant of ULRICH.

BRIAN m Irish, English
Pronounced: BRIE-an
The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the Old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". Brian Boru was an Irish king who thwarted Viking attempts to conquer Ireland in the 11th century. He was victorious in the Battle of Clontarf, but he himself was slain.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads