Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    We should see Bill and Charlie more as they will be helping the Order Of the Phoenix,
    I hope we do...but I am slightly worried- as I say, it seems to much to hope that we'll come out of book seven with all the Wesleys still alive *weeps*...I be thinking atleast one of them is going to die...but hey! Who knows it might be Percy! ...hmmm...I wonder how he is going to act in the next book...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    We should see Bill and Charlie more as they will be helping the Order Of the Phoenix, and as something dramatic has to happen within the next 2 books they should be doing something, also because Sirius is dead Rowling will be needing another character to become a larger figure so Harry could get close to someone else. Do you reckon percy will get his head sorted?! It was really annoying his behaviour, made me think he should go to a phyciatrist...
    Well I reckon that the new head figure in Harry's life will probably be Lupin. I actually reckon that thinking about it, Percy might actually die. I mean, maybe Percy will see the light and try and help fight Voldie. While he's at it, he'll get the forgiveness he desires from his family, but unfortuanately he dies saving someone (one of his family maybe!) I do reckon that some members of the weasley family might die unfortunately. And maybe one of them might be one of Ron's family. I wish J K Rowling would save all of the Weasleys.

ReputationRep:
    Wow..so many new ideas since I last looked...Is this really the longest thread ever?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually read the whole thing? I've only been here from about page 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Has anyone actually read the whole thing? I've only been here from about page 30.
    Page 30? According to me, there are only 25 pages. But I have the thing set at 30 (or 40 I can't remember) posts per page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Wow..so many new ideas since I last looked...Is this really the longest thread ever?
    Yes, it sure is the longest thread ever, and it's still going strong. Got confirmation from Ollie that as yet it has more than doubled the previous longest thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yes, it sure is the longest thread ever, and it's still going strong. Got confirmation from Ollie that as yet it has more than doubled the previous longest thread!
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd share. Last night I started rereading the series. It's amazing the stuff that I'd forgotten! For example, I didn't even notice that Sirius was mentioned in book one! Or, how bout when Dumbledore said that sometimes scars come in useful? Do you think he was just talking about the pain that harry now gets? Or do you think that the scar may play an even bigger part in the next two books? I think that I heard somewhere that JK said that the last word of book 7 will be SCAR. Just a thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Has anyone actually read the whole thing?
    Indeed...every single post! I've been present from page 1...ah, so many possibilities!

(Original post by Peter The Great)
    I think that I heard somewhere that JK said that the last word of book 7 will be SCAR.
    Hmmm...someone said that before -it may well have been you...it seems a rather random thing if you know what I mean...

I keep going over the death possibilities for the following book...it'll probably be more than one this time maybe and it'll need to be atleast one important/ish person...

Hmmmm...I need to reread book 5 me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    i have also been present since page 1 but i was unregistered for the first couple of pages..maybe there will be a scene where percy likes dies saving his dad or something..by like choosing his family over the ministry..i could see that happening

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Just thought I'd share. Last night I started rereading the series. It's amazing the stuff that I'd forgotten! For example, I didn't even notice that Sirius was mentioned in book one! Or, how bout when Dumbledore said that sometimes scars come in useful? Do you think he was just talking about the pain that harry now gets? Or do you think that the scar may play an even bigger part in the next two books? I think that I heard somewhere that JK said that the last word of book 7 will be SCAR. Just a thought!
    Yeah, I've read the posts since page 1 (had to really), and am really happy that it's stayed on topic, and that we're getting new posters.
    The scar is alreadty playing an important part in the book, but I think that it could play an even bigger role, and hopefully one which will benefit Harry more in the fight against Voldie. Also, someone mentioned that Dumbledore had a scar shaped like a map; maybe that'll be important too. As well as life debts.
    I hope that eventually Percy does get a chance to redeem himself (as long as he finds the right side first), and I too think that he might die trying to save a member of his family.
    Do you reckon that the ministry might actually HELP in the fight against Voldie?
    I hate Fudge! He's ignorant and oblivious to the true facts. I hope Mr Weasley becomes minister of magic instead of Fudge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hate Fudge! He's ignorant and oblivious to the true facts. I hope Mr Weasley becomes minister of magic instead of Fudge.
    Hmmm...I was just going to ask whether people thought Fudge would die? I can't see it being a heroic death...would have thought they'd come out at the end with someone whose actually good at the job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...I was just going to ask whether people thought Fudge would die? I can't see it being a heroic death...would have thought they'd come out at the end with someone whose actually good at the job!
    I think we might find more out about fudge, some connection to another wizarding family maybe, after all we know he prefers pure bloods, this could lead to his death or somthing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I think we might find more out about fudge, some connection to another wizarding family maybe, after all we know he prefers pure bloods, this could lead to his death or somthing.
    Hmmm...I want to find out how he managed to become minister in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...I want to find out how he managed to become minister in the first place!
    yea..i always thought he was a little bit fishy ever since the first 2 books..i hate FUDGEE(not to be confused with chocolate)

CR

also how do u get the smiley and symbol things in a post...i clcik on them but they don't do anything

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    also how do u get the smiley and symbol things in a post...i clcik on them but they don't do anything
    I don't use the menu bar bit thingymagigy but to get a normal smiley you just do : ) but together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I don't use the menu bar bit thingymagigy but to get a normal smiley you just do : ) but together...
    yea thats what i do for smileys but i wanted to put a thumbs down hand around fudge's name

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yea thats what i do for smileys but i wanted to put a thumbs down hand around fudge's name

CR
    A work around is to do an image and put the url as http://www.uk-learning.net/images/icons/icon13.gif. I dont think there is another way.

see:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i have also been present since page 1 but i was unregistered for the first couple of pages..maybe there will be a scene where percy likes dies saving his dad or something..by like choosing his family over the ministry..i could see that happening

CR
    I found this board around page 7 and spent time over the next two days catching up, and have read every single post. It's amazing how quickly you get to know the major players on the board. I like a lot of the ideas that are being passed around here. Something I'm realizing while reading book one. When the first movie came out, I had been done with the first four books for about a year. When I watched the movie, I thought that it was really a lot like the book and they left very little out. Now, as I reread, there is really a lot left out of the movie!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, first i would like to thank u for wishing me a good vacation, it was very enjoyable. Wow, who knew there would be so many posts since friday?Any way, it's good to see new posters. But back to harry potter.......

About someone's idea that dumbledore is a house elf... how come he has a wand? How come he does not look like a house elf? Hmmmm... Where was sirius mentioned in book 1? I bet u r right, percy will try to redeem himself for the way he has acted. He will come back to save Mr. Weasley, but die trying. I have a nagging question... We all know harry's parents were killed by voldemort, but what about all of james's family???

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.