Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I was reading something stupid posted on about page 3, where an old member (few of us remember him i suppose, though he did return a month or so ago) PR1, posted a site where they had a bunch of spoliers. Obviosly, they were all wrong, but one was interesting. It said harry finds out that below hogwarts there is a big crypt, that a bunch of dead wizards are buried. Anyone think something like that could be true?... what happenes to the bodies if they dont become ghosts?
    Do you remember that member called HarryPotter or something? He came on and said that he knew about what would happen in the next books, and that J K Rowling had given him a copy of the next book... Boy was that user annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Do you remember that member called HarryPotter or something? He came on and said that he knew about what would happen in the next books, and that J K Rowling had given him a copy of the next book... Boy was that user annoying!
    LOL yeah i was just thinking about them. Is that the same Harry Potter thats still posting or another one? Who is left from lets say the beginning being about page 10? I was page 13, so i guess about you and egan. From page 15 we might have more... i doubt it though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah...the ghosts....that was another thing I wanted to know. What was it that Nearly Headless Nick did to get himself beheaded in the first place? And the fat Friar...was he a muggle or a wizard when he was alive? And the Bloody Baron - where did he get the bloodstains from? And what's the Ravenclaw ghost even called? (Grey lady or something like that, wasn't it?)....Why do some people become ghosts and some don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Oh yeah...the ghosts....that was another thing I wanted to know. What was it that Nearly Headless Nick did to get himself beheaded in the first place? And the fat Friar...was he a muggle or a wizard when he was alive? And the Bloody Baron - where did he get the bloodstains from? And what's the Ravenclaw ghost even called? (Grey lady or something like that, wasn't it?)....Why do some people become ghosts and some don't?
    Isn't that explained somewhat in book 5? Can't you chose or something? She didn't go into a lot of detail. OOO yes, another hint thing she gave a while ago was that people were saying there was no mention of a ravenclaw ghost, but she siad the ghost was called the gray lady, and she was in one of the first 4 books. I think ron asks nick where the baron got his stains, but no one knows or something. Not sure about the friar and nick.

ReputationRep:
    Well the Friar must have been a wizard, because Nick says that all ghosts have to be wizards at the end of book 5. Was Nick hinting as something else when he said that? He knew Harry was talking about Sirius... I was wondering however, how Nick died - surely if he was told he was going to be executed, then he could easily escape as he was a Wizard.

I was reading book 4 again, and when Harry and the Weasleys and everyone go to the Stoatshead hill I think to go to the quiditch world cup by portkey - they mention that the Lovegoods live locally...Maybe JK is setting up something there?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that explained somewhat in book 5? Can't you chose or something?
    Sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Well the Friar must have been a wizard, because Nick says that all ghosts have to be wizards at the end of book 5. Was Nick hinting as something else when he said that? He knew Harry was talking about Sirius... I was wondering however, how Nick died - surely if he was told he was going to be executed, then he could easily escape as he was a Wizard.
    Maybe Nick was beheaded by other wizards then(?) He still must have done something pretty bad to have been executed though.
    The reason I asked whether the fat friar was a wizard or not, was just because a friar is a kind of priest or something, isn't it? and it struck me as odd that wizards should have friars....but hey, that's just me.
    The other thing I'd like to know about the bloody baron, is why he's the only one who can control peeves...wonder what he did to gain the poltergeist's respect.

ReputationRep:
    In book 5, Nick says that you have to be a wizard, and basically have to be afraid of death- then you'll be a ghost-
    all the ghosts are mentioned in book 1, including the grey lady- but no explaination- funny that Nick was 1492, maybe Columbus related?

ReputationRep:
    "gleam of triumph"- we've hashed this to death- reading back really is worth it- just keep a notebook with everything you want to ask in it as its easy to forget- we decided it probably doesn't mean Dumbledore is evil, but has something to do with him now having Harry's blood in him- as we know- Tom tends to overlook little details when he's excited, like phoenix tears and the power of love....

ReputationRep:
    LOL yeah i was just thinking about them. Is that the same Harry Potter thats still posting or another one? Who is left from lets say the beginning being about page 10? I was page 13, so i guess about you and egan. From page 15 we might have more... i doubt it though.
    I saw the other Harry Potter too. I reckon he's a different one, cos he doen't sound anything like the old one. PR came back on from before. We've had other members pop in too (who can forget Katy's comment of Harry waking up from a dream!)

ReputationRep:
    i've never picked up a book, and i never will, the movies are pretty good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    i've never picked up a book, and i never will, the movies are pretty good though
    The movies are NOTHING compared to the books!

ReputationRep:
    Padfoot, I just noticed that all but 3 of your posts as siriusfan were made on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    In book 5, Nick says that you have to be a wizard, and basically have to be afraid of death- then you'll be a ghost-
    all the ghosts are mentioned in book 1, including the grey lady- but no explaination- funny that Nick was 1492, maybe Columbus related?
    didnt he say that you chose (must read #5 again just finished re-reading 3 and 4 while i was sick *i went very slow to try to pick up some new things but everything is basically covered on this thread*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    sorry to be all technical but dont u mean u have never picked up a haryy potter book because i doubt have never picked up a book... but xenon is right the books are much much much much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry if i spelled somethng wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Padfoot, I just noticed that all but 3 of your posts as siriusfan were made on this thread.
    yup lol pretty sad huh? I didn't realize it was THAT low.

Hmmm i still think the gleam of triumph means dumbledore is evil... i dunno why, it certaintly would be a twist!

ReputationRep:

Hmmm i still think the gleam of triumph means dumbledore is evil... i dunno why, it certaintly would be a twist!
    I dont think he is evil i just think he was kind of stupid by trying to protect harry by not telling him the whole story ..... i mean every one knows everything about harry (well not everyone) but there are always people keeping secrets from him and i mean we always have to wait to the end to find them out (part of why the books are so good) but it kind od makes me mad that the people around him are not getting the fact in there heads that he needs to know the truth about himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    I dont think he is evil i just think he was kind of stupid by trying to protect harry by not telling him the whole story ..... i mean every one knows everything about harry (well not everyone) but there are always people keeping secrets from him and i mean we always have to wait to the end to find them out (part of why the books are so good) but it kind od makes me mad that the people around him are not getting the fact in there heads that he needs to know the truth about himself
    yeah there are some parts that annoy me too. If i was harry, i would ask as much as possible: Other family, more volde stuff. But then again, if he did that there would be no point of writing the series

ReputationRep:
    yeah there are some parts that annoy me too. If i was harry, i would ask as much as possible: Other family, more volde stuff. But then again, if he did that there would be no point of writing the series
    There would be it would just wouldnt be as fun at the end because thats when all your questions are answered ......i agree thats one of my fave parts of the books because im always wondering if my theories where right or wrong (most of the time im pretty off but hey i knew the whole time tom riddle was volde so im proud of myself)

ReputationRep:

Would I be wrong in assuming that we all believe that there is more that dumbledore knows than what he is telling Harry?

Is so maybe one of those things is some weakness of Harry's that Voldie now has. I wonder what that weakness could be? Compassion?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.