The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
No, she said she didn't base volde of anyone. I am not sure about all this hitler stuff: remember that wizards and witches usually try to stay away from muggles.
I was just curious as to what role the wizarding community would have played during the great wars.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I was just curious as to what role the wizarding community would have played during the great wars.
my guess is that they would have stayed out of it. They dont want to go messing up the muggle world.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
missing Potters- I'll restate my theory from hundreds of pages ago- I think the reason Dumbledore said the Dursley's were his last family is because they ARE- I have a sneaking suspicion Vold has hunted down the various Potters already- after all, James and Lily escaped 3 times- that means he got to them 3 times- so why was he trying? all this was before the prophecy
Actually, it supports the whole Slytherin's heir vs. Gryffindor's heir idea....I mean, if the Potters are all the heirs of Gryffindor, and Voldy for some reason wants them dead, then it would make sense that he would kill all the older heirs first, and then, finally, get to baby Harry (whom he for some inexplicable reason couldn't kill, of course) it would also explain why he tried to shove Lily out of the way, and told her that "she didn't need to die"...she's not one of the heirs, she just married into the family. What do you think?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
Actually, it supports the whole Slytherin's heir vs. Gryffindor's heir idea....I mean, if the Potters are all the heirs of Gryffindor, and Voldy for some reason wants them dead, then it would make sense that he would kill all the older heirs first, and then, finally, get to baby Harry (whom he for some inexplicable reason couldn't kill, of course) it would also explain why he tried to shove Lily out of the way, and told her that "she didn't need to die"...she's not one of the heirs, she just married into the family. What do you think?
That is a truly impressive bit of research. Several thousand posts later and people are still finding new and feasible queries. I think it has merit, quite possibly. Now when does she plan to release book 6?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
That is a truly impressive bit of research. Several thousand posts later and people are still finding new and feasible queries. I think it has merit, quite possibly. Now when does she plan to release book 6?
Unfortunately I can't see it being done till the end of 2005 maybe not even till 2006 but I wish she would hurry up.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
Yeah, you could be right. There are way too many things pointing to Harry being Gryffindor's heir for J K Rowling not to put it in (or maybe not.) I'm still curious about Harry's grandparents esp mum's side, cos I reckon that their deaths could be the cause of Petunia's hatred of the wizarding world.
What do you guys think of an idea of mine previously mentioned? The one about the sorting hat maybe playing an important part because he would have sorted Tom Riddle (Voldie) into the school. He looked inside his head. Could he have some useful information?
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah, you could be right. There are way too many things pointing to Harry being Gryffindor's heir for J K Rowling not to put it in (or maybe not.) I'm still curious about Harry's grandparents esp mum's side, cos I reckon that their deaths could be the cause of Petunia's hatred of the wizarding world.
What do you guys think of an idea of mine previously mentioned? The one about the sorting hat maybe playing an important part because he would have sorted Tom Riddle (Voldie) into the school. He looked inside his head. Could he have some useful information?
oooh...I never thought of that...the sorting hat must know all sorts of things about people.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ohhh.....I feel sooooo stupid, I never even noticed the Mirror of Erised thing! But whoever said Voldemort is French for 'wing of death'; that sounds about right....'vol' means 'flight', 'de' is 'of', and 'mort' is 'death'. I know it was a few pages ago, but I haven't been on for a bit!

ps D'you like my new quote? It had me in stiches so just had to put in on my sig!
Gaylord Queer
Report 14 years ago
Harry Potter is a load of ****! I can't believe a thread got so long about him! Grow up, man!
Gaylord Queer
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
D'you like my new quote? It had me in stiches so just had to put in on my sig!
I don't get it...?
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gaylord Queer)
Harry Potter is a load of ****! I can't believe a thread got so long about him! Grow up, man!
Let me be the first to ask, why did you click on here if you hate Harry so much.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
What things? It's one of the main theorys behind Harry Potter, but there may not be that many. If you are refaring to the whole "pulling Godric Gyrinndor's sword out of the sorting hat" thing, Dumbledore just says that only a true gryinndor could have pulled out the sword. That could just mean taht Harry was always ment to go into Gyrinndor.
Gaylord Queer
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Let me be the first to ask, why did you click on here if you hate Harry so much.
To give my opinion and inform people that HP is a pile of wretched shitile excrement.

For that very reason.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To give my opinion and inform people that HP is a pile of wretched shitile excrement.

For that very reason.
Ah yes- to post on the thread with the highest density of people who don't really care what your opinion is- I see your point.....
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
per Harry as the heir- it does make more and more sense- although I don't think being Gryffindor's heir would guarentee him a place in the house- after all, he CHOOSE to be there, the hat was leaning towards Slytherin- although it did put Tom Riddle in Slytherin and he wasn't pureblood- hmmm-- something to think on!

Evidence:
Fawkes is Red/Gold- Harry seems to have a bond with him
Fawkes brought the sorting hat to Harry in the CoS- it was G's
Harry pulled G's sword from the hat
Dumbledore said "only a true G could have pulled that sword..."
Harry's wand gives red and gold sparks (when he bought it, once when angry)
Harry CHOSE G, although he knew little/nothing about houses
Slytherin's heir is targeting him
V pushed Lily out of the way, but killed James before he went for Harry
G liked the brave, and owned a sword (when you are a wizard, what do you need a sword for)- Harry can USE a sword- why?

Odd Points- Harry has GREEN eyes- as did Lily- green is Slytherin's Color- maybe this has something to do with the split?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
What things? It's one of the main theorys behind Harry Potter, but there may not be that many. If you are refaring to the whole "pulling Godric Gyrinndor's sword out of the sorting hat" thing, Dumbledore just says that only a true gryinndor could have pulled out the sword. That could just mean taht Harry was always ment to go into Gyrinndor.
Or that somewhere during his time at hogwarts he has changed into being a true gryffindor.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To give my opinion and inform people that HP is a pile of wretched **** excrement.

For that very reason.
in other words: you had nothing better to do. Hate to break the news, but i think we are all way past the time where anti harry comments wind us up. Go back about 6 months when some of us might have cared.
LH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Aren't you going to read those 200 pages, to catch up on what you have missed?
Maybe I should do.

Who thinks that Harry and Ron will start a rival to Hogwarts: The first Homosexual Wizarding School?

It would be quite a twist.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Maybe I should do.

Who thinks that Harry and Ron will start a rival to Hogwarts: The first Homosexual Wizarding School?

It would be quite a twist.
I don't really think that that will happen.
Ruenna
Report 14 years ago
Hello? is anyone gonna answer my question? Oh yeah.... That's why I created a new Harry Potter thread...Its because no one here listens to me!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (104)
95.41%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (5)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise